1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Just watched your video and it definitely looks as though I did not have a clue as I thought you had to infill the top row first and so on. I did think that there was something amiss as I was coming on far to many places I could not access even though I have been playing and therefore levelling up for sometime.

I have also posted about this a couple of times before but your video has finally opened my eyes. So thanks for that.

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

No problem! I'm glad I actually made enough sense for it to click, I was concerned I was mumbling it all together at the time.

3. creative

creative 500rwhp

Wow... the keyboard layout for this is a bit.... random and not very intuitive! I ended mapping most of the buttons to the mouse to make it a bit easier.

4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Started a new game seeing as I have only just learnt that there is more to the Special Abilities screen than I knew.

5. Grimloon

Grimloon New Member

I've done that three times so far :) I've also found the joys of keeping INT down to 3 to start with and only raising it later on. Why? The Idiot Savant perk as it can proc on anything including mission hand ins. Credit to minusra over at Reddit for the analysis. The proc chance goes up with lower INT but 3 is the minimum for Gun Nut which I kinda need - can't make things go splat from miles away without a decent rifle now, can I? :p

Now that I've gotten the hang of the build interface I'm working on all sorts of constructions, my tree house in Sanctuary Hills went a little bit mad but I was disappointed that I could only go to five stories :( However, Abernathy Farm has a much greater limit (21 stories apparently) because of the pylons, plenty of space and a lower item count so I now have a new place for my ludicrous construction :)

Now all I need is a few thousand wood and steel. Which I can get from any pipe gun but that might take a little while... Oh well, random slaughter ahoy! :rock:

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Now see that's my one true major gripe about this game. It's so, so poorly documented. The building, weapon mods etc. I didn't really get a grasp on all of it (and I'm still learning some now !) until I had pretty much finished the main quest. I don't know whether Bethesda rudely assumed people would just figure it all out or what.

Just like weapon modding in FONV though it won't be until playthrough 2 that I really know what I am doing instinctively. Which seems a bit of a shame, given that I am 50 hours in and the end is nowhere in sight.

7. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Started anew and am wandering about pretty much at the start area and have found a massive quarry. With a quest if you talk to the guy you meet there called 'Pull the Plug' which I did. Seemingly if you go back after 24 hours the quarry will be drain and there are some good picking to be had. I have slept for two 24 hour periods and the quarry is still full of water.

Can I assume you cannot advance time this way?

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

With that one it's best to sort out the leaks then just get off and do a few bits of something else like the Minutemen, get a couple of stages along in that and then go back.

9. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

What a waste of space Preston Carvey is, he makes the dog look good.

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Well, I've managed to romance all of the girls so far, and have friendzoned all the rest. (except Danse [still gotta do his Betrayal quest], X-wateva, and Deacon; mostly because they are faction specific.

Starting to get a little bored after about 150hrs.... jeez, i still haven't finished the main storyline

11. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

On this playthough I have hardly done any of the main quest, have not even made it to Diamond City yet. Did a quest for Preston Carvey where you need eventually to take on the Murlurk Queen, way above my pay grade that one but I found a spot far enough away that I could snipe and if injured by her acid bath spray a bed was close to hand.
    Finally took on the quarry after it drained pretty straight forward if you have a decent sniper rifle.

I am sure I have mentioned this before that the rewards for taking on overwhelming odds are crap. I discovered a building that must have had about 30 raiders and all I got was a slightly better 10mm gun.
    I must admit I do not understand the weapons as they come with silly or meaningless names. If they have a higher damage rate I keep them. Still don't fully understand the upgrade system so tend to install the best mod I can and hope I am doing the right thing. Very rarely use VATS either, not sure why not.

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

No one is as hard as Danse dude, no one. At first when I couldn't take him with me any more I was really struggling. Now I have thankfully leveled up so high it doesn't matter but yeah, the rest of them are all a bit pony really.

13. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Do you have to join the BoS to get Danse as a companion? If so I will have to do without his help this run through. Might see if I can trigger a quest where you get to have the super mutant as a mate once complete.

14. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

You can "join" all factions, but at one point during the story missions you have to choose one of the 4 factions to join fully (Minutemen; Railroad +MM; Institute +MM; BoS +MM)

15. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Okay great, will pop over and get Dance then and take on some more difficult quests.

16. creative

creative 500rwhp

This scrapping/building malarkey. When you chuck everything in the workshop after scavenging, do you then have to scrap it manually or does the game do it for you when you build etc?

17. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Most gets scrapped automatically but I have noticed that at times I have steel and wood etc in my inventory that I need to transfer manually. Not sure where I aquire this though.

18. creative

creative 500rwhp

Excellent.. time to spam that E button!

I guess you have to unlock the supply perk to have your inventory available to you at different settlements.

Also installed a few visual mods and its looking alot better! Playing it in a dark room last night and jumped out my seat when a feral ghoul attacked me from behind!

19. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I only use one location for all my weapon crafting rubbish, which is the first one you come to in the game and it is handy for a trader. I have not come across a wandering trader so far in the game though.

What mods did you install?

20. creative

creative 500rwhp

Ive met one, traded with her and then she proceeded to shoot at me.. stupid woman!

Mods i'm running are:

Quieter Settlements - Allows you to turn down the volume on things like generators and turrets
    Lowered weapons - when walking normally the gun in view is lowered slightly like you would in real life.
    move - Forces characters to move further out of your way when you walk into them.. such in doorways
    Heinz Pork n beans, Honey smacks, Spam label - grouped these 3 together but each one reskins the food to stuff we know and love! Makes it alot more realistic.
    Better fake reflections - Makes puddles of water look real
    Burnt Books - Burnt books actually look burnt! just a reskin
    piers and shacks HQ - High Quality reskins of wooden structures
    Trash and rubble piles HQ - High Quality reskins of piles of rubble
    Carbon and Cyan pip boy - exactly what it says! A carbon skin and cyan glow of the pip boy.
    and finally Uber Fidelity - Complete overhaul of the appearance of the game. I ran this on Witcher 3 and loved it.

As you can see its all visuals. There are alot of great mods coming out already and no doubt my list will grow!