1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Last day of my probation (work related) was yesterday. it was confirmed weeks back i had passed but its been a long process to be here now. I'm almost certainly job secure and earning an absolute minimum wage more than i ever expected to earn before i was 30. I'm valued as a member of staff and seen as an asset which drives me to work as hard as i can. I love coming to work and if anything i'm disappointed to return home on a friday afternoon!

I still remember sitting in the broken waiting room of a half arsed phone retailer interviewing for the position of assistant manager. I've never been so happy not to hear back from a job... since then the company went down the ******* due to... well... poor management!

My year has had its bumps but i do have a pretty solid foundation beneath me from here on out

Last edited: 2 Dec 2015
  2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Good for you.

The first sentence makes it sound like you were released from prison.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Fixed that :hehe:

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

[heavy breathing]

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I remember you said you were upgrading after I posted my speeds which are pretty much identical to yours. Always nice to see a result where you get more than the quoted speed ;)

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

That's more than 3 times my dl speed but I have a faster ul speed. So nur-nicky-nur-nur!

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

On my last trip to The Netherlands I had access to a 50Mb / 50Mb connection. It was definitely different to have something that was pretty much instant on requests.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yep: speed bump up to 200mbit, top-end TV package with 500GB TiVo box (albeit minus Sky Sports & Movies, because f--- paying the prices Murdoch is asking), and a phone line. For about £15 per month more than what we're paying for broadband alone and zero installation fee.

Had a new 802.11ac router too, and ohmygodtheWiFiisgoddamnfast. Did a speed test on my phone and it hit 100mbit down/12mbit up :jawdrop:. WiFi speed aside it seems a million miles better than my original "Super"hub, a lot of the little niggles have disappeared.

That's the way it should be going IMO: Virgin is already more than fast enough, even at a "measly" 100mbit, but their upload speeds really are crippled in comparison to the download.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

You'll be back, they all do eventually - especially when Sky Q launches :)

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Back? This is the first time I've ever paid for a TV service, so I've got nothing to go back to :). We always had Sky when I lived with my parents, but this was before the days of all this "smart"/on-demand stuff and I can't say I'd really missed it.

Our budget has recently become a lot more rosy, so we thought bugger it - it's only another £15 a month, we might as well give paid TV a shot.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Samsung 950 Pro 512GB turned up today, so made the jump to Windows 10 with a clean install in only 8 minutes. Just re-downloading the essentials, but so far, so good :)

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

my diesel tuning box

lastweek i did a brim to light on my car, nothing special just driving to/from work with some extra on the side, got 282 miles out of it before the fuel light came on (tis only a 40 quid tank)

refilled on saturday afertnoon, but fell short of the brim by an 8th of a tank, fitted the tuning box on monday night and have been driving on it since, again, standard commute to/from word and a little casual driving with some cock/audi fighting on the side. 343 miles and still no light :eeek:

I've been driving around tonight with the biggest **** eating grin ever, this is amazeballs!:rock:

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Phase two of my braces has begun, with a sponsor donating use of a 12x12x18" printer capable of carbon fiber, among other things. After extensive testing, phase 3 will consist of releasing my exoskeleton plans open source, with all files made available for free so those that need it can use it.

When life gave me lemons, I built a magnetorheologic fluid shell around it and hooked it to an accelerometer, then coated it wit a CF/ceramic shell. I'm living out the idea that you can be anyone you want to be-I'm gonna be Tony Stark.

14. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

My Valve-built Steam Machine came in the mail today. I might close on my house this month. And the HTC Vive might be announced/released this coming Tuesday. Life couldn't be cooler.

15. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I just sold my old ATI HD 5870 on ebay for way more than I was expecting for.

Note: Next week I'll probably post in 'What is curently ruining your life', ebay buyer will probably say it arrived damaged to ask a discount or say that the box was empty. Ebay huh.

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Might seem insignificant to many, but finally on the cusp of having my woodshed finally finished. Frame is all done now, just need to get all the sheeting for the roof.

16 metres wide x 4 metres deep x 3.5 metres high at the front. Each bay should hold enough timber for a year.

The photo below is from 2 weeks ago. Weather hampered progress, 4 more runs of crosspieces have been added and everything is now braced :)

[​IMG]

17. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

YES. This is awesome!

18. asura

asura jack of all trades

So a four year supply... or some very dry logs.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I have had 58 large Pinus radiata trees come down last year, with another 48 dead Willow trees and a further 16 large Italian Alder to be cut down. I have enough timber for about a decade-worth of firewood.

20. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

You're going to need a bigger shed...