1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs AMD isn’t planning to steal a little market share...

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 24 Feb 2017.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

2. rollo

rollo Modder

No Vega announcements, nvidia expected to announce 1080ti.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, unfortunately it turned out to be more of an all aboard the VR hype train event...

4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Guys, I've just had a worrying thought :worried: :worried: :worried:

What happens if SOMEONE has gone travelling and bit are unable to produce a review on the 2nd??? :miffed:

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Then look at the plethora of other sites.

I'm sure they'll get us a review eventually.

6. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I surely will :D :thumb:

Tainted with a blue bias :hehe:

7. Vault-Tec

hahaha that did make me lol.

I think I am more interested to see how reviewers take this CPU than the actual CPU itself.

I've thought it over for days upon days now and to get better performance than I have now I am looking at £470. Anything less would be a side grade. And that's a lot of bread for a faster CPU.

8. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Do you really need better performance though? My upgrade was more of a refresh than anything else. Yeah, I'll get my 3D renders done a few seconds faster than before, and my Everest scores are really nice... but I now have native SATA III, M.2, DDR4, USB 3.1, the list goes on.

It's funny how things like this make us all hot and bothered about stuff we don't need. :lol:

(Yes, I want it too.)

9. Vault-Tec

No no and no. But then when has that ever mattered :D

CPUs are even less exciting than GPUs too. "Oh hey great benchmark score !". Load up a game "Oh, it's exactly the same".

I used to like buying GPUs but they have priced me out. I want the high end, but I have mid range money. And I am not parting with £400 for mid range performance.

Plus if I am honest GPUs this year do not offer the massive step forward that they have for years. IE - if I spend £700 on this GPU would it make the latest pile of slop look any better? no, not really.

DX12 games do not look much better than DX11 ones. We were promised better performance etc from DX12 not better looking games. And we've got neither. They look poo and they run like poo.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Depends on the game a lot:

Shadow Warrior 2, Doom and some others both look good and run good (even without the absolute latest and greatest hardware).

Others *cough* Hitrman *cough* would need a bunch of patches we are never going to get to even run like poo.

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

So it seems there will be next to no Ryzen shipments in my country (Slovakia) this week. Let's hope in a week there will be at least some boards and CPUs. Not a good start for stealing the market share.

12. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

More than likely, probably find a way to recommend the i3-7350k over Ryzen :D

13. Vault-Tec

So far, if I remember correctly no game has benefited from DX12. They have all suffered performance losses, not gains. Which is quite hilarious really.

Doom however? *that* is how you use a new API. Sadly ATM it's a one trick pony (and honestly doesn't look that much better than RAGE, released in 2010).

The best *looking* games I have played recently have all been remasters. So Dead Island Definitive and so on. It's just absolutely stunning and goes like crap from the proverbial digging instrument.

Deus Ex and a couple of others (The Division) looked OK but absolutely thrashed your GPU almost to death and didn't look that much better than games we've had for years.

Usually when a big GPU comes out there are a couple of monumental games that show you what you just shelled out £800 for. With the TI? I am struggling to see it. Maybe it will be able to finally run games at high settings at 4k but that doesn't interest me, given how few "true" 4k games there are.

Of course, you could probably max out Crysis 3 (as I am sure Bit Tech will inform us of) but what's exciting about that? most people I know didn't even complete it at 1080p because it was a "meh" game.

At least when DX11 launched Codemasters made Dirt 2 look like a next gen game, even if it was not (you could pretty much hack all of the new stuff it had into DX10). But yeah, it looked incredible, went like stink on a £300 GPU and sort of sold every one DX11.

They're having a much harder time selling me DX12.

14. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Warhammer total war in DX 12 mode for AMD cards receives a 30%+ boost. In my case it was over 35% boost in frame rate and far smoother generally.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Tags: Add Tags