1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

LawBreakers Closed Beta. Forced myself to play the last 2 days even though I've been exhausted because GOD I have missed this game since the alphas ended in August!

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

spent the last 3 days binging hard on NieR Automata, real life is demanding I come up for air however

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The Solus Project

Haven't really got very far tbh. I've wanted to try it for a while, but I bought it because it has VR support. VR mode made me want to hurl.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Playing through Mafia II again, seven years later and the effort that went into making a city believable is still unmatched...

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's funny you say that. I felt the same way about the game when I actually stopped bench marking it and sat down and played it. I ended up learning my way around pretty fast and felt very comfortable.

I loved the game too when I eventually played it through. I was really enjoying Mafia III also, but then it just turned into a shoot-fest and got boring. The story started out so well though, what a shame :(

6. Vault-Tec

Just literally bought DR4 for £23.99 (Steam key from CDKEYs). Very happy, looking forward to this :)

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Let me know what you think as it has very poor reviews which is why I have been holding off buying it.

8. Vault-Tec

I did check before I paid for it. Yeah, seems it's very "samey" to the others. Some reviewers gave it 75-80%, all depends on how whiny they are.

Thing is, good co-op games are very thin on the ground so hey, I'll take it. We didn't really get into DR2, so it's only really DR3 I played from start to end so I can take another cup 'o that really.

Apparently it's lots of fun which I could really do with right about now :)

9. Vault-Tec

It's crap. :( I feel completely conned. I also feel really, really stupid for not doing my homework first.

Firstly there is no co op story mode. It's gone for a burton, so that was a complete waste of time and money and secondly it's as buggy as a box full of bloody cockroaches.

I think it lasted about 25 mins in single player mode before black screening and crashing to desktop.

We did try the multiplayer but it's so shallow that if you die, even after an hour of play, it puts you right back to the beginning. Do you know what it reminds me of? one of those stupid long walks you had to do as a kid with no bike or car etc. Like miles. You start off the walk with enthusiasm but as you get about 2/3 of the way through you start wishing you had never walked it. That if you were put back to the start again you would probably cry in the corner.

jrs77 - honestly I feel exactly the same as you. I am getting so pissed off with paying out money for games that are just utter tosh. I really can't remember a point in my life where gaming was so crap. Where there was literally almost nothing to hope for.

I've tried numerous times over the past couple of months to get into gaming and enjoy it again but I just keep getting kicked in the teeth. £30 for Mafia III, story started out fantastic then I realised it was just a shoot fest with bullet sponges. Honestly, what is going on? have people forgotten how to make games or are they really just cutting back what goes into them in order to make the quickest GIGO profits? (GIGO = get in get out).

And what do I have to look forward to? oh yeah, South Park - The Fractured But Whole. Which has been delayed about three times and finally all of the pre orders were refunded recently.

Or how about Dead Island 2, which has also been delayed, cancelled and then given the silent treatment.

Or Borderlands 3, which is set to come out in about two f*****g years.

Honestly, are there even any games coming out this year? maybe the devs are having a f*****g kip for two years.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Not sure what to make of this one. It certainly is not a single player game although you can play it that way.
    Driving pretty much everything is appalling, particularly the plane, making some side missions very difficult Each area is pretty much the same as the last area so very repetitive.
    I really hate the constant re-spawning of certain enemies which adds nothing whatsoever to the game.
    I have no idea why there are so many weapons in this game as once you have a decent sniper rifle, machine gun and pistol I have not felt the need to change.
    I expect I will keep plugging away at it as it is useful to hone my stealth skills which are pretty crap.

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

@ Vault-Tec I feel the same about the state of gaming at the moment. Nothing released this past year has made me want to buy it and I can't think of any upcoming games that I'm looking forward too either. The AAA scene has crawled so far up it's own backside that I don't even consider myself part of the market for those games. I can't remember the last game that has kept me hooked for weeks or months on end. I've not known a slump like this.

Guess I'll have to keep playing Crusader Kings 3 and race/rally sims for the forseeable future.

12. Vault-Tec

From what I read it's another half assed POS so I didn't bother.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry POS?

14. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Piece of ****?

I'm currently playing Oxygen not included, great little game from the same guys as Don't Starve (which is also a great game) it's pretty much a colony sim but it seems to have grabbed me more than anything else like it.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Cheers, it suddenly clicked just before you listed.

16. Vault-Tec

TBH I think gaming can bugger off now until we see HL3, L4D 3, Dead Island 2, South Park or BL3.

I am just totally done with all of these crap games.

And hey, it saves me a fortune in hardware.

17. rma

rma Minimodder

Shame :(

I love it.
    SP and CO-OP.

SP I play a much more stealthy game, using my team to take out the bad guys from range before stealthing in for the last few enemy or luring them out with a flare gun.

CO-OP we usually end up a bit more 'noisy' as, invariably, one of the three of us is spotted.
    Then it's MK249 all the way, baby :)

I agree, the plane is the hardest thing to fly but once you get the hang of choppers, they are great.

For me, it's probably my favourite game of the last few years. Probably since Shadow of Mordor, 2.5y ago, checking Steam.

18. Vault-Tec

I think the most fun I have had in recent times was definitely with Dead Island Definitive and DI:RT Definitive. Even though it was the same game the graphics were just freakin' unbelievable and they had made a few tweaks to the gameplay also that improved it and made it feel less clunky.

I wish they would do the same to Fallout 3. I would happily pay for that.

Not sure how many hours we (my mate and I) have clocked into BL. Apparently according to Steam I have played 75 hours of BL1, 46 hours of BL2 and 20 hours of BL TPS. That doesn't seem right, but hey who am I to argue.

19. creative

creative 500rwhp

Still playing watchdogs 2 and Farcry Primal.

If I get bored with the main quests, I just go on a random wander and have a bit of fun.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Replaying The Talos Principle Great looking puzzle game and I see it is still 30 quid which is rare for a two and a half year old game.