1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Oh, so does it mean you keep/build up your fleet through the missions?

PS. Thanks:) 11 years on this forum.. it's been a while:)
    I see you recently hit 5K :thumb:

2. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Currently rocking through Darksiders 2, which I am thoroughly enjoying.
    Probably not quite as much as 1 because War was just slightly more enjoyable to stomp about as, but still having fun with it.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Prey
    This is an odd game I was 4/5 hours in and thought that I was struggling, modern games have far to much to remember for us oldies what with crafting, upgrading ETC ETC. Anyway I restarted the game and glad I did as I did things differently and found a big gun thing.
    But my biggest gripe is there are locked doors and safes all over the place for which you need to find passwords/code or key cards which being the gaming world are always as far away from door/safe as is possible and it might be hours before you find the necessary code ETC so the chances of actually remembering where you can use your new found information is slim indeed.
    Why the map, which in this game is not really any help generally, not have unopened doors/safes marked on it?

As I said there is a lot to remember in the game, you can do stuff with various tools which can help get to hard to reach places or even open doors. Overall I am liking it though I suspect it is going to have a really hard boss ending.

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Picked up Chivalry Medieval Warfare a few weeks back when it was free, absolutely loving it haha. I'd wanted to get it for a while, but being a multiplayer title I was only going to plonk for it if my friends also committed else it just becomes yet another mp game sitting in my library.

Oh man that game has swallowed up whole evenings. When you end up booking up friends for a proper bash you know the formula is good. Here's to hoping the successor is even better, it does appear to have been upped a fair bit.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Duskers, 'cos since my desktop died and I gave it a fresh install the performance of games has absolutely shot through the roof on my humble AMD A10-5800K. Used to have to turn off a bunch of graphical niceties and run it at a low res; now I'm running it at a native 1920x1200 with everything turned on.

Which does mean I've been playing games on a hobbled system for the last three or four years, mind you... Whoops.

6. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

How odd that just reinstalling the OS (almost typed windows there :hehe:) had that much of a difference. Did you install a much newer version of the dark arts linux?

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, from 14.04 to 16.04. It's more likely a driver thing, though: I used to use AMD's binary-blob drivers, and now I'm on the open-source drivers - which, by the look of things, are considerably better.

8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Dirt Rally free weekend - I haven't managed to stay on the road for a full race yet, although in my defence I'm trying gyro steering with the steam controller for the first time

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

XCOM 2

Goddammit. Still as addictive as ever when you get into it. I hate the way the character missions pop up so early - I lost two good soldiers in Shen's mission (despite being a save/load whore) and I've just started Central's - who is probably one of the most badass characters in a videogame ever.

Edit: ...and it looks like I'm going to lose more. SERIOUSLY - how many hit points does that thing need?!

Yup! (sorry for the delayed reply)

Last edited: 12 May 2017
  10. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Try kernel 4.10, I've seen further improvements in Radeon performance from that over 4.4.

I just picked up Dishonoured 2, when it's downloaded, I'll see what it's like.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Sadly, Blackmagic hasn't updated its drivers for 4.10 yet, so I can't use it without losing my HDMI capture card. Still, performance is pretty nippy even on 4.8: Gone Home is no longer a slideshow, and Life Is Strange is butter-smooth (and actually runs, 'cos it just used to crash to desktop on my old install...)

12. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Sigh. Driver fun, yes, OK. :(

I finally managed to go Intel integrated to drive my monitor, allowing the nVidia GPUs to put 100% of their time (and 0% of Xorg crashing) to CUDA...

I swear, for every one thing I like about Linux, it has two things that drive me completely crazy.

Playing: Dishonored 2. Currently still on first play through. I (think?) I'm near the end, but I've got a bit stuck. Might end up restarting the mission because I think I managed to miss something I should have picked up. Not quite sure how, but all I seem to meet is doors I can't open. :(

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

XCOM 2

Well, restarted my game. It was getting ridiculous and I think I got myself into an impossible situation. Legendary mode really is difficult - so I'm an idiot and that is what I'm playing it on. Again.

14. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I know it's a mobile game, and they're frowned upon by many..But I've started playing Bit Heroes on iOS. Gotta say, for an MMO on a phone it's a brilliant way of passing the time.

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Tried Prey out yesterday. Couldn't believe how similar it felt to Half Life. The intro/beginning is practically the same :eeek:

16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well it's pretty much official, I am back on the crack pipe.

Fallout 3. It's been well over a year since I played it last, and when I did I only got through the intro then stopped playing. First time I have ever played it above 1080p and I gotta say it all looks rather lovely in Vault 101. Might see if it will VSR to 4k later just for the giggles.

17. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Juggling between two games atm, Still slowly getting into Elite Dangerous just got a new controller so its back to the drawing board over how to play, finding this game a tad overwhelming as i've got loads to do!

I've just started to play nier automata, about 3 hours in still not 100% on the game, combat is fun but just not sure im enjoying the game as a whole atm, Also picked the The Surge but not played it yet,.

18. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

LawBreakers beta! As a surprise to literally no-one. :rock:

19. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

XCOM 2

Second playthrough is going MUCH better, though still finding it tough going. I'm constantly keeping the Avatar Project one pip away from completing despite the game's best efforts to!

Now I just need to get some supplies to buy some experimental armour...