1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Similar thing happened to me, I was looking at pictures of my monitor online when the gsync on freesync talk started and suddenly realised it has two usb 3 ports on the side I had no idea were there.

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Just coming back to this, quickly: my subs copy of CPC has just arrived, and as soon as I picked it up I noticed that it was a bit more substantial than usual. I haven't actually read any of it yet, so can't speak to the content, but it's definitely printed on heavier stock than it was under Dennis.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No change to the content as-yet: Ben's going to be running a reader survey before making any major changes on that front, so that we can be sure we're heading in the right direction!

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

You're not wrong about no change to the content: they've reprinted the review of the tube-bending kit from the previous issue :D

And Ben's editorial specifically mentions the heavier paper too!

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hah! Wonder how many emails Ben's going to get about *that*!

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Had a beautiful walk in the snow (4.x km) just 1 hour and a bit from here by car today with the girlfriend. Will definitely head back tomorrow and might just do the big route (20 km). Took the week off to relax, celebrate my birthday (yesterday) and get my second tattoo (Quake logos all over my left forearm, Thursday). So far it's been brilliant.

Oh, on the way back we went to a kind of outlet centre of Engelbert Strauss stuff and spent almost 500 Euros. Given that I was recently looking at a softshell jacket and received the naughtiest of looks after I actually laughed out loud when seeing the price (7xx Euros), this was quite a cheap shopping trip for good quality outdoor clothes.

7. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Thanks to your post I too have now discovered this button :)

Vault-Tec and bawjaws like this.
  8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Have fun alt-tabbing to your heart's content!

9. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

If you install the Logitech Options software you can customise the button to do whatever you like. I've got it set as an "easier to press" middle mouse button. It works great in games.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

What's ruining your life right now?

From ruining to awesome.

Picked the car up this morning, turns out the turbo feed pipe was loose and has been dripping oil into the under-tray for a while, which made it seem like there was oil coming from everywhere. Half an hour of labour for diagnosis and sorting it.

The_Crapman and spolsh like this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Going to the flat on Friday to measure up for cooker and etc. Will try and get some pics then.

Edit. Also found out there is no council tax (like I'm paying now) no "over rent" like I am paying now, the water is on a meter (so no £450 a year bill for that !) and so on.

So other than having to get a cooker and washer I don't need a penny piece to move in there. Which is good, 'cause it leaves money for a better cooker etc.

12. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

In the process of D/L the beta for The Division 2 for the XBone. Soooo looking forward to playing this :D:D:D:D:D

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My mother, bless her.

"It's going to cost around £700 to move !" and then I get a quote. About two fiddy. FFS. Then again, had it not been for her and her anxiety I would not be about to order the cooker I am. Also, no deposit needed to move either. I think I may have over done the saving thing.

I think it is also starting to sink in tbh. I think it will all be very real when I walk around the flat on Friday and realise hey, this is going to be my new (and I mean new) home.

And I thought 2018 was good.

14. perplekks45

Downloading for PC right now.

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So, yesterday I replaced the SSD in my laptop. To do the switch, I used Clonezilla as usual. I saved the image to my home drive on the NAS, seemed a sensible place. Pulled the image back off to the new drive and all was good in the world, no rush to remove the 1TB image though.

This evening I note that accessing something online is a bit sluggish, I decide to run a speed test. My ping/up/down have been 100% stable since taking out this service, and now it's a bit inconsistent. So I log in to my ISP account page to see if there are any issues.

I don't get as far as looking for service alerts, as the dashboard saying I've uploaded 397GB today catches my eye first.

Remote backup: Cancelled.
    Internet speeds: Resolved.
    Derp level: Awesome.

MLyons, Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Quote = Approved

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Thanks for the reminder! Got an email earlier and meant to set it off when I got in but completely forgot.

Jesus! Ubi have gone a bit mad on the old security haven't they?

18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Yeah that area of the mouse from experience is always prone to breaking, would not recommend using too much. I had my last one replaced for the same issue and it happens on the master 2s too.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2019
  19. perplekks45

Why's that?

Also, life is great because I'm about to get my second tattoo.

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I had to do 2 step auth twice just to get into my uplay. And you have to do it anytime you want to log in to your account on their website.