1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The general feeling like there is a whole long list of things to do, am constantly busy and yet feel like the list never gets shorter.

It'll help once the house is sorted, old houses - always something else to do on them...

Well, it could very well be worse. Fristworldproblems and all that.

2. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I know this feeling.

Newcastle Metro causing me a world of ballache at the moment.

adidan likes this.
  3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

My house is the primary reason for my stress, I've been trying to finish the kitchen I started 4 years ago, money and time.
    The leak in the barthroom/living room has gotten worse, again, time, money and ability.
    Decorate things
    Repair things

Is any of this important? I am I pressuring myself too much

Mrs thinks I'd be miserable if it was all done, nope, I'd game more

Just remeber to take deep breathes
    Woooosaaaaaaaaaaa

The_Crapman and adidan like this.
  4. adidan

It seems it's Metro Bus Replacement half of the time nowadays.

Aye, a new day, a new thing to sort out. To be fair it is slowly moving along, it just seems as one thing is done another is tagged on the end so the list never shortens :)

Is it the end of the world? No, it's good to step back and just get perspective. Is it annoying though? Yeah, yes it is.

Maybe we need a 'What's annoying your life right now thread?'. I feel a bit odd putting annoyances in here when there are real problems about.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It didn't ruin my life, but it did lead to a minute or two of confusion...

Lloyds Bank's printed statements go Money Out, Money In.
    Lloyds Bank's digital statements go Money In, Money Out.

WHY?!

meandmymouth likes this.
  6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So you get frustrated and hire an accountant?

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Recruiters, again.

I left IT support (then it was 3rd level) in 2011. I have since held positions in project management, management consulting and now programme steering. Why would any recruiter write the following "Your profile matches a position of “Desktop / User Management Admin” for our client's unit in Germany"? It makes me want to reply in expletives. *aaaargh*

Hex likes this.
  8. adidan

Carpet quote for the loft, the stairs to the loft, the landing and two bedrooms (but not the stairs nor downstairs)
    The quote includes the bathroom and the kitchen and utility room waterproof laminate thingy-ma-jig.

Jeez, they don't just want the shirt they want the skin of my back too.

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The other day I got messaged by a hiring manager for a position that I had already been (automatically) rejected from, they didn't even look at my resume.
    I then proceeded to send them my resume (again) to which I never got a reply.

I didn't use expletives but I did use bucket loads of sarcasm.

10. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Thanks, dude. Taking it one confusing day at a time.

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Arguing with the SRAM service centre over my warranty claim, I've collected by my bike after they claimed the batteries were flat which is a total lie. Even before leaving the store it stopped working to which the store manager claimed it was my frame being titanium stopping it work. Submitted a video to SRAM service the rear mech and shifters detached from the bike laid on a foam mat on grass stopping responding.
    SRAM have finally agreed yes theres a problem so I have to go to another centre tomorrow with the parts an video to confirm the fault and according to them I "should" walk away with a new rear mech.

12. adidan

Hang in there.

It'll be a head messer for sure, especially after such a long time. One day at a time, like you say, is the best way - you'll find your feet again.

Scroome likes this.
  13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Got home and some little scruffy c*** was waiting on the street corner i presumed to be picked up or something, waited a while checking my cam and his mate turns up he points to my drive (idiot?) and then they leg it up the road.

Hopefully they don’t come back in the night :p, I’m about to fit 3 rape alarms which apparently produce 140dbs of horrible noise when the string is pulled out!

perplekks45 likes this.
  14. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Got a few potential buyers for my bike (a couple for the frame only, couple for the thing as a whole) - I really, REALLY don't want to sell it; partly because it cost me over £2k to build and i'd be getting a little over half of that back, partly because the weather is only just getting to the point where commuting is becoming viable again. But the sad fact is that it's been used as a mountain bike should (in da woods) literally less than half a dozen times in a year, and now we have baby, I have even less opportunity to use it (even for commuting, as I often have to finish and be home to take over so missus can teach ASAP).

Such confliction... I'm trying to tell myself that if I sell it now, use that money to pay off a chunk on the CC, I can mentally set-aside the interest saved and use it as a "bike fund" to build another in 12-18 months time when baby isn't such a baby and I have more flexibility. But I wub my bike...

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Good luck with the hunt.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Impatient drivers who would rather endanger others than allow the person in front of them to pull out of a junction first.

One-way system with two lanes; I want to turn right, so I move over to the right of the lane, as you should do. Mr Oh-So-Important pulls up alongside me while we're waiting for the traffic to clear (it's a busy road, so it can be hard to pull out sometimes [that's what she said]). He's right next to me - very close to hitting my bike - and I can see him creeping forward so I expect him to cut me up. Sure enough that's exactly what he does. Swings round into the left-hand lane, nearly hitting a car turning left, so he can bury the throttle and pull out before me. Even my bike - which isn't exactly made to set lap records at Silverstone - can accelerate faster than most other things on the road, so I've moved off and caught up with him before he even finishes the turn.

I was really hoping the tw@ would pull over in front of me, I was so ready to have a few words. I'm still angry now.

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Think our shower pump has just died. We replaced it last time but no idea how much it cost. Looks like I'm doing shower pump research today unless one of you is a Hertfordshire based plumber :hehe:

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Shiny new pressure washer arriving today. "Ooh," thinks I, "maybe I'll get a chance to try it on the weekend!"

upload_2019-5-3_9-32-51.png

Maybe not.

(Also: SNOW?!)

19. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

This is the price we must pay for the good weather we had over the Easter weekend...

MLyons likes this.
  20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Eeeek! I'm due to visit Selby next week... My first trip to Yorkshire, and I may be glad of 4WD. Very worrying for a soft Southerner used to dabbling his toes in the channel.
    In preparation, I've been watching Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen and the beginning on the first Spanish Inquisition sketch :lol: