1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Better half is in ICU with a pulmonary embolism.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Fingers crossed, mate.

My mum is slowly waking up since yesterday and the antibiotics seem to work. Still critical, but chances are a bit better now that she'll make it.

3. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Best of luck to you both. My wife and I lived through the scare when she had a DVT that lead to a pulmonary embolism.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Trains. Ones cancelled either side of the 2 that will enable me to get to work on time or only slightly late. Will now likely be getting a train an hour after getting to the station. My arse is cold and numb and I don't have enough money to get a coffee. Not unless I don't want to go get my painkillers after work. Should have just gone home for half hour when I saw the mess they were in. At least I'd be comfy and caffinated.

5. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Had a fantastic weekend at a country festival with my best friends, and my goddaughter, spent some time with, and got to know the woman of my dreams a bit better, and now I'm back in work, and wish to whichever deity is listening that I got more sleep than I did, and was still in Welshpool with them instead of being in work having people hang up on me all morning.

Total first world problem, but hey ho.

6. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

C**t of an ex. Threatens to cancel my kids 3 weeks holiday with me at last minute (2 days before they're due to fly) unless I move their return flights by 2 days which cost me the same again as booking them the first time. Some people are just petty scum.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Boo - just lost a 550-something-day uptime on the server. Note to self: the cheap 650VA UPS can handle the vacuum cleaner, but only for a little bit...

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Is that healthy...? No, I'm not a server admin.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oh, *heavens* no, it should have been rebooted an age ago. Trouble is, once you get above a year it's tempting to see how far you can take it...

That said, it's possible to have your cake and eat it too: many Linux distros come with a livepatch system these days, meaning you can insert security and bug fixes directly into the running kernel and don't have to reboot afterwards.

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Useful...

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

it never made 666 :sad:

Mine, came of a speed bump slowly heard a bit of a thud, Tyre pressure warning kicked of traction control and the auto parking brake. Car feels fine but the right rear now sits a good inch lower than the left. Springs gone ping and the shocks now misting likely from over pressure. This is going to be expensive.

maxlxyd likes this.
  12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The Tory party membership have put the Tories first and this country a distant second. Boris has won...

13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Honestly, sack the lot of 'em. Not one genuinely cares for anything other than their own legacy/ego/expenses claims/blind idealistic doctrine/beating the other guys.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They're tories.... when do they ever not do that?

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

That's an easy one to answer, never.

16. Gareth Halfacree

28.4 28.8 29.4 29.6 30.1°C in the office right now. Have popped the desktop onto the powersave governor in a desperate attempt to stop it getting any higher...

I know - gutted. I've less of an excuse not to go through the faff of upgrading it to the latest Ubuntu LTS now, too. A job for the weekend, maybe.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2019
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Hot weather. I hate hot weather.

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's hot here today. Very hot. However even though it's bloody hot the humidity has dropped off and there's a lovely breeze. I felt more uncomfortable yesterday than today.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Bit humid here. Thunderstorms on the way, hopefully that'll freshen things up.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Office has A/C. Car has A/C. House has freezer drawer full of ice lollies. :thumb:

The_Crapman, Vault-Tec and adidan like this.