1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Honestly, Adidan, can't you see what Trump is doing? This will allow the USA to fight CoronAIDS 17 times faster. Presumably the payload is a big injection of disinfectant and UVC light.

And I thought you were a wise man.

adidan likes this.
  2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Trump: “Hold my Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious beer”

adidan likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Well now you're just being silly :hehe:

Mr_Mistoffelees and Pete J like this.
  4. adidan

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

A quote from that piece: "Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace."

"Other than that, he's alright." Said my wife.

IanW, adidan and Pete J like this.
  6. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

Re: Trump - when he got elected back in 2016 I said I'm not sure if he's the monkey or the organ grinder.

More than likely the monkey.

I genuinely think he was 'helped' to get elected, the whole Russia hacking/election tampering thing probably did happen, not to the degree it was made out to be, but that in itself acted as smokescreen for him to get elected and the tampering was more US based.

Imagine what you can do with him at the helm distracting the world Reagan-esque whilst the machinations go on behind the 'curtains' aka the organ grinder.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup, been saying that since he was elected. The powers behind him in that party just wanted someone who would sign what he was told to without questioning too much, or not being smart enough such that they could tell him it was anything that they wanted it to "be". They just wanted someone who would make it easy to undo the checks and controls that had been put in place, things that were preventing them and their sponsors from making all the money that they wanted to.

I highly doubt whether he has questioned anything in a way that has prevented those things that others have wanted from being signed into law. As long as they keep giving him toys and treats, he will carry on as is.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Every time he opens his mouth, I see this:-

The_Crapman and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Just like a dog!

Almightyrastus likes this.
  10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

But with none of the redeeming qualities. And probably more sh!t on the floor.

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Their crystal ball was working well when they made that sketch.

Pete J likes this.
  12. Mr_Mistoffelees

[​IMG]
    From Viz, via Twitter.

adidan likes this.
  13. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

14. uerseya

Tho' on the other hand, sometimes it seems it's all an act, I'll justify this below ... honest, but ...

Do you remember the Chris Nolan film The Prestige? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prestige_(film)

Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale's characters are challenged to discover (ironically) how an old chinese magician does his trick, basically the old magician isn't old at all, his entire life is an act to conceal the fact he's not old and the fish bowl he's making disappear is carried between his legs and he's young and strong.

Now Trump to my knowledge said nothing about North Korea in his run up to becoming president, then suddenly he's met the little rocket man and effectively de-fanged NK, removing a primary reason China is useful, recently he's dragged China across hot coals with tariffs and trade deals.

He's done 2 things few if any other president has managed.

That can not, just can not be a happy accident to my mind, once maybe, twice ... well?

Back during Obama's presidency, the US pivoted to Asia, ineffectively most of the time, no joy with NK or China, the US has realised the growing issues that the Chinese CCP poses both to themselves and the world, Trump the clown comes along and ... he's done 2 things few if any other president has managed.

Go figure?

The one thing I hope the UK learns after the pandemic dies down is to take a leaf out of Japan and Germany's books, we need to lower our dependence on China, we need to 'pivot to Asia', the EU is just waking up the 'challenges' Chinese CCP poses, I'm not optimistic unfortunately.

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

He hasn't "defanged" NK, it is all simply PR, NK is continuing to do what it wants - under China's watchful eye. It is also too soon to see what the result of Trump's "dragging of China across hot coals" will be, it is all show and hot air at present, time will tell if Trump's "proclamations" have any real or lasting effect.

Has Trump actually ACHIEVED anything other than press coverage, PR spin or self-congratulation for imaginary victories?

adidan likes this.
  16. adidan

I'm trying to see how NK have changed, they've still been firing rockets off even in the past few weeks.

As for the hot coals and China, it's debateable as to who out of China and the US have be burned by them the most.

Mr_Mistoffelees and Fingers66 like this.
  17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I cannot get my head around how Trump isn't either in disgrace or in prison by now. He uses presidential power to block witness testimony against him, he fires or discredits people in a position to assist in the case against him, he flat out lies and makes up sh!t on the spot, he defames people on live television, accuses a former president of crimes with no basis.

How the **** is he not in chains?

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It's crazy, isn't it @David ?

The impeachment trial is the epitome of this (and no doubt what you're focusing on). Even if he was innocent, does America really want a man in charge that lashes out and fires people, rather than acknowledging that they were trying to act in the interest of the law and the country?

I'm just hoping I make it to the end of my life before I see the Apocalypse :hehe: .

19. uerseya

Maybe 'de-fanged' was a bit strong, they're just less likely to bite presently, but the situation with NK is better than it was prior, he's met the little rocket man, something no standing president has done, there is a dialogue there now, singular but better than a kick in the teeth, that singular dialogue could change the entire future of NK.

Plus the US, in the Trump era, has managed to get China and Russia to follow through on sanctions on NK more strictly than before, whether that is true or not and they're still sneaking stuff into NK?

Trump escalated things with NK, maybe dangerously, but he called their bluff, now yes they're still firing rockets but it's less stamping their feet and more Hey, don't forget us, there is still the possibility of denuclearisation.

It's difficult to convey, but the news coming out of NK and around NK is better now than before, it's something I've followed for years, the tone is different.

Tho' I think unfortunately or fortunately it will take Trump being in power for the NK's denuclearisation to happen, my feeling is that NK is on the back burner for the time being.

Re: the fact Trump hasn't been toppled after investigation and impeachment, after investigation and impeachment, etc. either points to the fact he's the monkey/puppet being kept in power or he's stupidly clever, go figure.

Trump is an example of what all other US presidents were not, most presidents just wanted to keep all the plates spinning, afraid to see what breaking one or two plates would do, rightly or wrongly Trump has upset the status quo, when he got in to power I think most observers were like 'hand me the popcorn, I can't wait to see what happens' but what has happened? the world hasn't ended, the US's economy grew, unemployment was down prior to the pandemic, he threatened and cajoled China into the best trade deal the US has ever had. Those 3 things if you're a core Trump supporter are music to your ears, more jobs, better economy, a much better bilateral trade with your biggest trade partner, it's America first, or as he said make America great again!?! Love him or hate him, he's got **** done.

I'm not supporting the man, I'm just as incredulous as the next person that he got into power and has stayed in power, but I think either he's not as stupid as he seems or he is the monkey for the organ grinder, he distracts and riles people up whether that's Americans or the Chinese, people can't seem to think straight around him, his name and being incense people, what better distraction do you need.

Example if I've said oh Trump did such and such, most people will concentrate on the who and not the what, the fact that it's Trump distracts most people from what follows, rightly or wrongly.

I've known land owners who he reminds of, people who could talk you into almost anything or you'd do almost anything to get out of their presence, if anything those traits are probably why people both hate him or agree to whatever he suggests.

Plus being rich or in his case stupidly rich changes your perspective on things, it free's you up not having to worry about certain things, it offers you a certain clarity if that makes sense.

Reflecting that back on the UK, I would not care one ****ing iota if Boris irrespective of who he upsets, who's chips he pisses on, if Boris managed to increase jobs, grow the economy and get us the best possible trade deals with the US, EU and China, etc. I would NOT CARE who he upset or how much of a buffoon he is, it would not matter not one ****ing jot, you have to break eggs to make an omelette yes?

I don't think anyone here no matter who their leader is would care, if your leader is the biggest ****ing jackass in the world but they deliver those 3 things which in turn have a knock on effect of making other things better you would not care?

I would not be surprised at all if come November Trump reign's for another 4 years, I do think Bidden is a better option for the rest of the world, insofar as much that he'll play better with others, but Trump has the chutzpah to get **** done, what that **** will be is interesting, how Trump handles China and the CCP, how Trump gets the rest of the world to deal with China and the CCP, something that's long overdue will be interesting.

We live in interesting times

20. uerseya

To add as well one thing most people don't understand Trump alike our dear Boris is not in supreme power, they can't just randomly decide to press the big red button or invade a country, etc. there is a whole cabal and bureaucracy around and below them, there are mechanisms in place to decide and action things.

The fact that people are fired within the US government is not down solely to Trump, he is not a dictator and does that have unequivocal power to do what they hell he likes, if someone is fired or pressured out that is the cabal/bureaucracy firing and pushing.

Most people do not understand this.

My guess is these people who fall out and fall out of favour don't sing from the same hymn sheet hence they aren't kept around, it's like a sports team, I remember one of the Welsh rugby regions, when Wayne Pivac took over at the Scarlets they were not great for a season or two, a number of people left, (pushed), and then they were much better won the Championship and got to the Euro finals.