1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation with IndieGoGo. I have the money back in my account, but it might get taken out again if IGG play hardball with MasterCard.

2. kim

kim hardware addict

Yeah, that's always scary to let your credit card numbers crawling on the web, though, I buy almost everything online since we can do it, and until now, I never been robbed on my account, finally, you will need a bit of luck too I'm afraid...:rollingeyes:
    As for EVGA official, the seller replied me gently today with a satisfying explanation so I must mention it ti be honest, here is his mail:

Thank you for contacting EVGA. For international orders we use ebays global shipping program. We ship the item to ebays global hub in the USA, from there ebay will ship it to you in France. You should be getting tracking info from ebay shortly.

Nothing to complain, just patience, but for my gaming chair, I might never sit on it :grin:

perplekks45 likes this.
  3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Nope, not paranoia, it's her handy work. So much for breaking up and moving on

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You know what helps diagnose audio issues?

Turning the sodding speakers on.

That helps a whole bunch. Otherwise, of course, you're not gonna hear ****..

Pete J, IanW, perplekks45 and 2 others like this.
  5. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Out of curiosity, was the audio issue "There is no sound" ? If so, turning the speakers on didn't help diagnose it, YOU, and you alone "solved" the PC problem.

Gotta be worth a gold star doing that.

6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

It hurts some times when you mess up on something so simple, doesn't it? I spent 10 mins the other week trying to work out why a keyboard I plugged into my Raspberry Pi wasn't working. Turns out I'd plugged in a mouse and not the keyboard.

liratheal likes this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It did not, unfortunately. I have, though, since worked out (Like.. Four hours later..) that running the RAM at 3600mhz (4x8gb, 32gb kit..) makes the sound output all screwy.

Currently it's being 'normal' with the RAM at 3400mhz.

I wish I could say I don't do that all the time too. For the Pi's I got a keyboard/mouse combo thing. It's awkward to use a trackpad with a thumb, but it cuts down on 'Why isn't my keyboard or mouse working' moments!

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Was getting the desktop ready for the work week ahead while messing around with using my telephone pickup on a dictaphone as a USB mic, and discovered my GPU using 30W while doing nothing in particular. Turns out I'd forgotten to undo the "lock to performance level 4" config tweak after I stopped mining on the thing.

Removed the config entry, rebooted, idling at 1.6W. Whoops!

KayinBlack likes this.
  9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Some people just like to play the victim in these situations, Had this (not a wife mind..) with an ex girlfriend, she used to tell me stories of her shoddy ex constantly, into the relationship I started to wonder if he was always the problem. When things ended I lost a few mutual friends we shared, the stories eventually made their way back to me... the same stories she had told me about her ex... The guy I'd built up to be this massive villain, met him a few months later through mutual friends and told him the things she said... couldn't be further from the truth.

One of her best friends cut ties with her completely when our relationship ended, I was very close work friends to her husband so they knew of my character really well and she was always sure the stories of the ex were fantasied, the breakdown of our relationship just reinforced that she was a compulsive liar.

Some people just like to play the victim, mainly because they don't like to admit they weren't perfect. Sometimes things just don't work out and its usually a culmination of each others differences. I could accept I wasn't her perfect match, she couldn't.

Theres always two sides to every story, People just pick sides because its less hassle in the long run, true friends stick by you no matter what even during a complex breakup.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  10. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'm far from innocent in the split and will live with the guilt of how I let her and myself down but I'm not a bad person, I know she's hurting, and her son opened up to me that she's affecting him with the way she is (proper got me upset) but I'm keping the issues private as they're our issues. 6 months on and whatever she's doing is causing me extra hurt, I couldn't do that to her.

As it's some of the people I would normally camp with at Bloodstock, i think she's going when she doesn't normally, I will have to face a solo experience

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Honestly thought being the first service in the world to bring delivery times down to an hour where everyone else is taking 5 hours plus would catapult us to the front of our industry, instead we’ve got a couple user registrations but no orders….

12. perplekks45

Being on a train to get to three days of customer workshops. My day started at 3:30 am and will end around 5:30 pm. The customer is a company filled with useless people, thinking they're important and the best. This'll be a blast, I'm sure.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oof, that's even worse than mine: I'm getting up at 0600 and doing some client work ahead of my new gig at 0700, which then finishes at 1500 ready for three to four hours of other client work. Least I'm doing it all from the comfort of the home office, mind!

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Firefox has changed the menu for right clicking on tabs by adding a new option at the top. I apparently have muscle memory to right click up there to refresh pages. I now just open tabs. Life is pain.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Indiana Jones 5 being a thing.

I didn't realise there was a 4, because surely that would be a terrible idea that should never happen.

spolsh likes this.
  16. perplekks45

If you haven't watched part 4, don't. It's worse than you might think.

IanW and goldstar0011 like this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Typical US film industry, milking old ideas to death, until the results are dire. As I see it, the inevitable consequence of churning out films like sausages from a sausage machine.

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

AKA Marvel's business model.

perplekks45 and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  19. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Had my first "redundancy" meeting - and I've found out my "score" i.e. how they work out who is leaving. Based on that i shouldnt have been employed in the first place - go figure :(

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is that what they said to you, because that's ****ing harsh!