1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I found out about Cityfibre above from ISPreview. Manually scanned through the news posts until I saw Nottingham & Bilborough mentioned.
    Alternatively, ask Google about your "new home town" and "FTTP". You may find something useful.

2. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Laserface session seven today

Byron C likes this.
  3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sadly, it's from the same outfit wot did TheC64 Mini. Which is a bit crap.

I dunno, maybe this *won't* be crap. But I ain't holding my breath.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Any more than £120 and it'd be a ripoff. I'd still argue that you're better off with a Raspberry Pi and bootable Amiga emulator like Amiberry, but I totally get the appeal of an all in one machine with licensed games.

Much more than £120 and you'd be better off going for a MiSTer, or original hardware (although original hardware is getting harder and more expensive to maintain).

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I've still got a fairly mint Amiga 2000 in a box somewhere. Couldn't bear to part with such a beautiful machine. Should resurrect it, really.

Byron C likes this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, yes you should! At the very least get it and check for leaky batteries - leaking caps can cause a lot of damage, but leaking batteries are even worse!

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I should have an Commodore CDTV somewhere, but I've not seen it for many a year, so it could be in a multitude of sheds or attics, traded in my A500 to get it many many many many moons ago.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Christ, they're even rarer!

Get your Amigas out of the loft, people!

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

LOL.
    When last seen it still had 2 CD caddies, the remote and a couple of hundred 3.5" jobbies of copied stuff, ahhh the heady days of X-Copy :rock:
    I'd be very surprised if it's survived at all, but I'll keep an eye out for whenever folk move.

11. Nexxo

X-Copy... now that brings back memories!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Aug 2021
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

X-Copy? Nope, never heard of that. :happy:

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Will probably be in the region of 4.5-5.5 depending on driving style. My commute is a mix of 40/50 and NSL along the A303. Efficiency seems to be impacted most by throttle input rather than absolute speed (although past ~65 efficiency does start to drop just like it does in a normal car). I just drive to the speed limit and general traffic flow to achieve the current efficiency. I would say the ease of being able to change the re-gen between 4 modes on the fly (via steering wheel panels) really lends itself to maintaining efficiency.

We will be getting a charger installed once we move over to a smart meter. Main reason is more flexibility from a charging point of view. Currently on the ON rate I can only charge ~ 60 miles per night on the standard 3 pin 10a cable. The 7kWh charger will allow for essentially half the battery in one 4 hour stint. As said doing it for flexibility rather than any cost aspect.

14. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Amiga CDTV! What a thing. And a 2000! There's a veritable treasure-trove.

I've got a 500+, a 600, and a 1200.

Nexxo and Byron C like this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Well jell of all these Amiga finds. I had an A600 with accelerator, which went to a friend; I've still got an A1200 with Blizzard IV (50MHz 68030 and matched 68882, 32MB) which I bought from this 'ere forum, and an A500P bought "untested" from eBay which works a treat. Added a 68010+68881 accelerator a mate of mine had in his desk drawer and a 512kB trapdoor expansion I already had for some reason, then later a PiStorm - which shoves a Raspberry PI 3A+ into the CPU socket and makes it emulate a whole mess of neat hardware including fast CPUs, scads of RAM, and even an RTG. Network support's on the way, too, which'll be nice.

Byron C likes this.
  16. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

Got married on Tuesday, second time around but still feels awesome :) [​IMG]

MLyons, ElThomsono, David and 13 others like this.
  17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Congratulations!

18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Builders found an old well under a wall of our house. It’s pretty cool and now I’m looking up glass well caps and trying to figure out how I persuade my wife to make it a feature of our new extension.

ElThomsono and Nexxo like this.
  19. Nexxo

[​IMG]

20. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

My sons job tomorrow (weather permitting) is helping me dig it out to see how deep it goes. Wife has already been persuaded as long as it doesn't change her new kitchen layout...

[​IMG]