1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

All valid points, but... Amber Heard in a skin-tight outfit.

Pete J and The_Crapman like this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

As a red head too :naughty:

3. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Aquaman I found to be absolute effing clown shoes!

I don't understand why the director keeps putting Annabelle in his films even as an easter egg... it's almost like the addition of the Droogs and Pennywise (amongst MANY others) shoe-horned into the background of the kids movie, Space Jam!

Absolute ball bags.

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I've never managed to finish Aquaman. I keep watching every now and then because Amber and Nicole.

5. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

You're not missing much.

Pete J likes this.
  6. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Venom 2, was decent, better than the first one, hate when they do a comedy in these movies, wish they done it all serious. Carnage was amazing tho, the introduction was what you wanted from venom in the first movie, just a wrecking machine. very watchable, maybe a 7/10

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The Foreigner - Intriguing/10

Not a classic by any means, but worth watching to see Jackie Chan play a serious role, as well as Pierce Brosnan playing a grizzled old ex-IRA politician. Good performances all round.

8. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

An enjoyable film that one, and yeah, Jackie Chan and not a comedy seemed to work well.

9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

The Tax Collector - 8...7...6.../10
    Started out promisingly, with some good performances and a very slightly different take on tha whole gangsta thang, but it's as if the footie came on halfway through filming and they decided to wrap it up sharpish.
    "What do we do? Kickoff's in five."
    "Erm...dunno...quick! Copy that other film we saw last week and shove the ending in. Then let's go."

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Finally got to see Dune, oh my days that is good

Pete J, Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Zilla Vs Kong.
    Worst Godzilla monster ever / 10

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Cowboy Bebop (live action series): Missable / 10

I know others have discussed it, but now I've finished the first season, I thought I'd wrap up my thoughts.

Bluntly, the show was never going to live up to the original material. Even if it'd just tried to do a direct live action copy, it would've fallen short as the nature of anime allows the viewer to 'fill in the gaps' of the small details. However, the main mistakes were:
    1. Completely unnecessary swearing.
    2. The pathetic 'yay, let's be bezzie mates and work together!' dialogue.
    3. Having a lesbian side story for Faye, because of modern day diversity demands.
    Point 1: the conversation in the anime managed to be mature and thoughtful without the use of any curse words (well, excepting the intro scene of the film). It just grates and makes it feel as though the script was written by a child who thought swearing was cool.

Point 2: The anime cast were just a bunch of odd sorts thrown together. There was a sense of 'I don't have anywhere else to be, so it may as well be here', but when push came to shove, the crew would band together, more out of an obligation to their own soul than each other. And all this was done implicitly, without the need to be all happy-clappy about it.

Point 3: 'nuff said.

TLDR: watch the anime. It's amazing.

By the way, the planned second series has been cancelled, so there's that. While that's supposed to be damning, there's always the fact that Firefly was cancelled (NEVER FORGET). There again, Another Life got another season, and that was the worst thing I've seen in my life. Hmm...

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Another Life: The worst pile of excrement I have ever seen / 10

I actually watched the first episode and a half a while ago, but the trauma of seeing such an atrocious piece of sh!te obviously affected me. Mind-numbingly dumb.

The worst part for me (apart from all of it) is that the crew of the ship sent to investigate where the first aliens humanity may ever encounter are an unlikeable bunch of c*nts with severe personality and chain of command problems. It's the sheer ridiculousness of it. Think about what would happen in real life: the best representation of humanity would be sent there - not a collection of people of whom every single one is begging to be punched hard in the face.

The joke of it all? It got funded for a second series, and potentially a third. Jesus Christ.

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I quite enjoyed it tbh, was glad they did a second series (not watched that yet though).

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Eh. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

16. adidan

I'm not denying that I may have also liked it because it was at a time I'd trawled through a lot of dross before I watched it so that may be a factor. There was a lot of dross.

When I have time I'll redo the first season before the second and confirm which it is. Looking forward to the second season of the Witcher though, did like that.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I didn't know Another Life got a second season. I have admit it was a bit meh and yet oddly compelling.

If I recall correctly, I summed it up as Starbuck gets a command and some sensitivity training.

18. adidan

I think I watched it after several Bruce Willis b movie new releases so I thought it was good.

My standards may have been lowered, I'll have to double check, those Willis movies - dear God i should have got a medal for sitting through them.

Pete J likes this.
  19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I would offer you trauma therapy but I'm retiring.

The_Crapman and adidan like this.
  20. adidan

Appreciated.

Nice to have the offer for a change, my OH is a Clinical Psychologist so it's me usually giving the therapy :)