1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Hermes - Evri time, what a joke

Discussion in 'General' started by Goatee, 11 Jan 2021.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Isn't it just as well none of these delivery drivers are expected to deliver fuel to the forecourts

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

They are, just left it round the corner behind the wheelie bin.

damien c likes this.
  3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

You sarcastic so and so !

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

They've stone walled me. Thankfully I live one block from the CAB so I will be going there when I get home.

Hermes is a total crap shoot. You literally have to rely on the integrity of the two local "drivers" who deliver your stuff. The lady here is exceptional. I have never had anything not arrive here. As soon as those cranks left the hub in Gloucester though they vanished. So I guess their local driver is a bum. We've had a couple here. Taking days off and leaving messages like that (unable to deliver to business, insert reason for day off here) but the lady we have now is awesome.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Last edited: 12 Oct 2021
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I was expecting that to be the story of the Yodel driver who left a "Sorry We Missed You" reading "PARCEL ON ROOF" and ended up having to come back with a ladder to get it down, and clicked with a smile.

It was not that. I am no longer smiling.

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sorry, I should've added a "very not good warning" to that post.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2021
  8. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Our Yodel delivery driver is the husband of my partners work friend, so everything is delivered or left somewhere safe. Usually in the recycling bin

When he has a day off or is on holiday though, I tend to avoid ordering anything until he’s back at work!

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

woke up to the fantastic news Amazon Trusted Hermies to deliver my SSD today....

Bugger

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Could be worse.
    Our local DPD driver spotted yesterday;
    [​IMG]

stephen0205 likes this.
  12. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Thats class lol

Well nail in the coffin yesterday yet again for my hermes for me. Couldnt leave the house due to placement from home being remote, so only collection option through ebay postage creator was my hermes, Didnt collect, checked the chat thing because of course i couldnt talk to a human, we tried to pick it up and you were not home we will try again tomorrow.

Me and my security camera disagree. Had to take it to a local drop point instead. 100 percent not using them again , now, had 4 chances and blew them all with silly things.

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

They're hit and miss, the driver who delivers here and the one who delivered to our last house were both completely unremarkable, things just turn up and get handed over, no fuss, no bother.

But I've heard plenty of bad things about others.

14. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

What a shocker..... I ordered an item from ebay the other day and suprise, surprise Hermes delivered my item 2 days earlier than expected...?!

Someone, somewhere must have kicked their butt's severely to get this response... (thankyou that person)

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Not a Hermes thing, and not a courier based rant, but I've noticed that visiting the DPD tracking page pegs my CPU at 100% load.

@MLyons and @The_Crapman perhaps this a new CPU benchmark in the offing. We'll need some kind of arbitrary scoring system, of course - I suggest the unit of measure is "WTFs".

souper82 likes this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

By a weird coincidence they're bringing me something today. What browser, board and CPU you using?

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

i9 9900, z390i Rog strix and opera

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

No doesn't do the same for me, although I couldn't get the live tracking map to come up either

19. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I thought the live tracking only worked when they were 10 stops or less away?

20. maple

maple Minimodder

https://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace

PBTF5502273001

Check this one out, I sold an item and I paid a bit extra and thought I'd for a reputable courier. Parcelforce collected the parcel from my door on the 3rd and no update ever since. It hasn't even reached the depot according to tracking. The funny thing is their depot is just up the road, not even a 2 minute drive from my house. I can even walk over. I went over and spoke to their customer service desk and the lady went and had a look. Parcel wasn't there. I don't understand how they could even lose it as Im so close to the depot.