Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

You also need to finish adding the turret-mounted autocannons to the Cosworth.

Pete J and liratheal like this.
  2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

Decided to customise my planet killer...with a Stargate

liratheal likes this.
  3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Chaps - is anyone brave enough to take on @Goatee in our Blood Bowl league?

I believe we have one spare slot to fill the table (although Goatee can correct me if I've overstepped here). Would be good to have a full complement!

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

See? I knew there was a reason that I need to invest in a 3D printer... Turns out that reason is epic thiccness in the form of a Space Ogre Maneater by Reptilian Overlords....

[​IMG]

Have a print on the way over from Germany (hopefully as I type...)

goldstar0011, Pete J and liratheal like this.
  5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Loving the armoured platform heel boots as well.

Both functional and practical whilst also still allowing you to "stamp" your femininity on anybody that gets too touchy-feely in the galactic NAAFI.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  6. Almightyrastus

Got the model though the other day and I am pretty impressed with it. A few bits and pieces to clean up, some supporting pieces left around things like under the belt or the edge of her shirt (what little there is of that particular part...). You can faintly see some slight layering on certain parts, but only if the light is right, and that should be easy enough to smooth out. There are a couple of parts on the render that are going to need to be built up as they were obviously a bit too thin to be printed at this scale, the straps on the front going to the belt and the ammo belt is not as long. All in though, not bad at all, I shall post a couple more pics after the cleanup and primer. I have a feeling that the primer will show me some more bits that need a little more attention.

[​IMG]

@ModSquid The boots are pretty awesome, the underside even has VERY clearly modeled tread patterns, almost feels a shame to be having those be glued down to a base.

[​IMG]

Comes out at a pretty decent size too, given that it is from the "Space Ogres" line, pretty well scaled against a standard GW human. Would be nice to get a larger print at some point though, twice the size would be pretty cool and would allow for additional detailing and paintwork, not found anyone doing those yet though, might have to get hold of the stl file and talk nicely to someone.

[​IMG]

Pete J likes this.
  7. lilgoth89

upload_2022-3-11_15-35-13.png

Decided to remodel the front of the Taurox i think it looks FAR better

Pete J likes this.
  8. lilgoth89

upload_2022-3-11_16-42-31.png

Also why on earth were they not 4x4's to start with, this looks SO MUCH BETTER than the GW kit, and i only changed the treads lowered the bonnet and extended the windscreen

liratheal and Pete J like this.
  9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You lot are probably aware of the videos that have come out recently, but I'll post them here just in case:

Loving the new content GeeDubs is putting out.

ModSquid likes this.
  10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Woooooaaahhh......:jawdrop:

That is serious amounts of whaaaaaa...?? of which I was not aware - keep dropping these for us novitiates please, Pete (and don't tell the Inquisition). That first one is possibly the first short I've seen that does the size of the Heresy justice. The marching god-machines and orbital strike are solid. Are these new series on the exclusive channel, or game releases? Or just promos for the universe (last one looks like this)?

It did occur to me though, that it takes longer for a Marine to get ready to go out than it does my missus. But at least he went with the first outfit he tried on.

Pete J likes this.
  11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

As far as I know, they're 'just' promo material. I think we'd all like to see a full blown CGI series based on all of it though!

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

14. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Finally! Return of the Space Dwarves (with seemingly longer legs, due to apparently inhabiting less crushingly-gravitic planets in the intervening years)! Now who else are we missing?

I was getting a bit upset with the whole reboot thing ignoring major legacy aspects of the "Imperium That Was". It was as if the Inquisition itself were involved in the re-write. But some heretic has clearly been involved in the renaming...WTF is a Votann League? The new local lady MP's campaign group?

Also, that flamer tank-powered bolter-looking thing is confusing...I just hope they bring their Thudd Guns back for the ride.

EDIT: Total War: Warhammer 1 free on Epic at the moment.

Last edited: 3 Apr 2022
  15. Almightyrastus

In honour of the returning Squats, I thought I would start work on a pair of them...

[​IMG]

Proper small with bikes, like what they should be... ;)

Pete J likes this.
  16. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I've no idea why they haven't done it yet, but I'm looking forward to the reintroduction of Epic.

Just not the predictable pricing.

Pete J likes this.
  17. Almightyrastus

Yeah, I have always thought that Epic scale was what the Heresy stuff should have been. I mean fine, the larger scale heresy models have been awesome, but they have been priced out of most people's reach by being predominately Forgeworld items.

It certainly would be awesome to see what sort of models would come out of a reintroduction though.

Pete J likes this.
  18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Epic scale also lends itself to the supposed grand scale of the Heresy era battles.

Agreed that the 28mm/Hero scale models have been awesome but it feels rather 'meh' to see forty blokes on a table top when it should be ten thousand.

Pete J likes this.
  19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Exactly this! I like the bit I read somewhere (can't remember where) that said if they made an epic scale battle cruiser it would still be 5km long or whatever. THAT'S epic scale.

Has anyone had any hands-on with the Chaos Gate game yet? The new Grey Knights one? Steam reviews seem mixed-ish but positive.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A couple of my Star Citizen friends are playing it. They say it's not as good as XCOM 2, but the fact they are 40K fans means they quite like it!