1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

IanW likes this.
  2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm at "Fully Charged Live" this weekend, and it was announced during a micro mobility panel, that electric scooters will finally be legalized in the Queen's Speech on May 10th.

Weekly_Estimate and David like this.
  3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

And...

[​IMG]

The Star Wars comics represent my first foray into what I term an 'expensive' comic book purchase. I'd been keeping an eye on them on Amazon, and suddenly they became available. Certainly affordable, but bought as a library-bound set, worth ~£20 each. While I don't collect comics for anything other than my own amusement, it's comforting to know that these will likely increase in value over time.

I'll probably take a break from Judge Dredd to read these when I get to the end of the current Case Files I'm on.

IanW likes this.
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I hope you'll enjoy the New 52 court of owls storyline as much as I did. Absolutely loved it. And now have all hardcover first editions of that line here.

Pete J likes this.
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

IanW, Byron C and Almightyrastus like this.
  7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nice. Not a huge fan of the more traditional knives myself, but that one certainly is a very practical shape. Whilst I have been pottering around the house, I have been carrying a Kershaw Thermite:

[​IMG]

Another pretty practical shape, but very much a newer design.

KayinBlack likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

1 year of home insurance - so satisfying to pay it annually...

Karcher K2 pressure washer + gubbins

[​IMG]

Meaco 1056 pedestal fan

[​IMG]

Fair to say that ol' Mr Debit Card has taken a bit of punishment today.

mrlongbeard likes this.
  9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Beats the Dyson it's replacing, and now makes us a Dyson-free house;

[​IMG]

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I was considering getting a Dyson vacuum when we replaced our last cordless machine and I'm so glad that we got a Henry instead. Dyson vacuums were great bits of kit... about 20 years ago.

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Considering that I actually process animals with my blades I needed one fit to task.

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I have one and it's a great bit of kit - one thing to watch out for is the separate "brick" lance is absolutely vicious, don't be tempted to use it on any painted/vulnerable surface under any circumstances!

We have a Dyson cordless at the moment and it's fantastic, but I don't doubt that the competition have closed the gap significantly. Next time I'll buy another brand, if only as a tiny anti-Dyson protest for his part in Brexit.

In the early days Dyson really were innovative in the market in terms of ergonomics etc, I remember using one of the really early "ball" corded vacuums and thinking how unbelievably good it was, and shocked that someone like Hoover hadn't innovated it years before.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The Dyson this is replacing is 6 years old (cost £150 from their outlet) and at the time it was, IMHO, the best thing on the market when it comes to sucking crap off of a carpet, and I have no regrets in buying it, it'll now be passed on to our daughter for her new place.

But this Shark wipes the floor with the Dyson, more practical, more accessories, easier to clean / maintain, better suction and a hell of a lot more pick up, longer power cord too, easier to push around due to a lower weight distribution.

The competition haven't closed the gap, they've extended it the other way in their favour.

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You'd have to buy the latest Dyson to really know for sure, but like most consumer markets I think the differences between brands at similar price points are very very small indeed.

15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

We bought a Dyson Outsize recently and it's notably better than the V10 we had before, but I haven't owned any other brand in the intervening period so I don't know. The Outsize is really very good though.

16. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’ve got a shark, really wish I opted for the anti hair wrap model. Having to cut out a small wig each time I use it is becoming.. tiresome.

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

4x Dysons, a Shark, an off-brand wet/dry and a Bissel cleaner here.

They're all good at doing what they're supposed to do, and less good at doing what they're not.

Dyson are second to none with cordless IME, but I wouldn't want to do the entire house with a V11 either.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Tiss a valid point, even though the model I have / had can still be bought new albeit not directly from Dyson

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Mapex Orion shell pack in Translucent Amber over Birdseye Maple finish. 8", 10", 12", 14", 16" and 20" kick. Photos cannot do these justice... you'll just have to trust me.

This is one of the later Orion series kits with custom black chrome fittings and hoops. They have been discontinued now for at least ten years, and it's clear that the 8" and 16" toms were special order add-ons given the slightly different wood colour, and the orange is deeper. Still, it looks incredible up close. Will need to give it a thorough tuning before I play it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

trigger likes this.
  20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Six more 18TB HDDs arriving tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Pete J and David like this.