1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I've seen helmets like that called, Pisspot Helmets...

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well given I am a cheap ******* the last one I bought looked like this. It was about £15, down from £40.

[​IMG]

The last time I was out riding a cheeky wee coont called me, and I quote "A F***KIN BLUEBERRY HEAD!!!". So IDK what's worse, that or a bellend tbh.

End of the day the Protec is the best helmet for BMX. So the colour doesn't matter when I get £70 worth of head protection for £25. Good thing I don't give a f**k really LOL.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That's because that's what they're called.
    As lon as you got the proper Cycle Certified model and not the Skate one in the picture, because 'Skate' helmets are about as safe as a sandpaper condom.

4. Vault-Tec

The Full Cut Certified is equipped with EPS foam and is multi-certified for CPSC, CE, ASTM and AS/NZS 2063:2008. The protective industry jargon in that last sentence means a massive machine smashed this helmet against an anvil in a scientific setting to prove to the world it will keep your precious dome safe when you slam.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

It's my second :clap:
    I also have Vault-Tec's fan in my part time gym

Byron C likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Best selling fan in the world by all accounts. Wish they had more adjustment, but for shifting air they're excellent. That one in the pic is at mum's house, I have two at home.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Dropped on to an anvil, well 2 anvils, 1 flat the other kerb shaped

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Them's noisy buggers, and I wish there was a high speed, but it does its job well

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

CLX 22
    [​IMG]

Supreme 23cm Brush - Soft FLOCKED TaperTec Hybrid
    [​IMG]

For cleaning some windows.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Got a new derogatory term. Win.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2022
    LennyRhys likes this.
  11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Love the preoccupation with wire strippers on BT at the moment... something in the air?!

I've been obsessing over the various kinds for the past week and have watched more review content than I'd like to admit, and after much deliberation I decided to get the Piergiacomi ones on the strength of overwhelmingly positive reviews (and the attractive price of £11). I very nearly pulled the trigger on the CK automatic wire strippers, but as an electronics/PC hobbyist I decided I'd be better served by something more compact with more finesse, hence my decision. For several years now I've been using my Victorinox knife to strip wires, and the new tool makes me wish I had made this decision sooner.

The Knipex side cutters were a no-brainer... Amazon probably still has them for £17.50, which is what I paid. I've been using a mini Rolson set for years and whilst practical they are very uncomfortable to use for extended periods, and have an awkwardly stiff spring. I tried sharpening the dulled blades but to no avail, so the Knipex can now take over.

[​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

LennyRhys likes this.
  13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I have a need for a shed load of IDE and similar cables (for wiring models and modeling itself. Lead wire is too expensive.) Anybody know where I could get them that's not $10 a cable? They can be dead, they can be damaged, they're to be torn down for the wire. I'd like to get some 80 pin ones for the smaller wire, and some SCSI for length. Any ideas? I'm gonna ask the FIL about the collection of elderly 386-Pentium Era computers in the basement (noninsulated and dirt floor, it's a bigger crawl space) but dunno what will happen. Gonna ask him about the optical drives too.

Anybody got a good source of magnet wire?

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The Ultimaker S5 Pro comes with side cutters the same brand as those strippers, they're great. And because we had to RMA the Material Station, we got another pair! So thats me set for cutting! Usually I just go for RS Pro stuff, as its great for the price.

LennyRhys likes this.
  15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Them's my 'go to' side cutters, good price, good quality and just last

LennyRhys likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I would buy Bahco Ergo cutters again. I have a 170mm pair I've used for stainless steel brake and gear cables, stainless spokes, thick fence wire and other things. After 28 years, they are just beginning to look a little worn but, will still snip off thin copper strands.

As I said about CK though, I don't know if they have maintained their high standards.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I have a pair of cutters that is very similar to the Draper Expert 57768, but under the Thomas & Betts brand (because that's who I used to work for before they were bought by ABB) and for hard wire like spokes and suspension cables (up to 5mm) they are amazing. They'll nip through just about anything. They are not the most practical in tighter spaces though as they are very much a parrot bill shape.

For the smaller side cutters, I use them a lot for things like model making and I generally just stick to the standard Games Workshop ones, fine for softer plastics and I have resharpened them a few times. Really want to pick up some Godhand nippers though and possibly some of those Knipex ones for somethign that will last a bit longer than the soft(ish) GW ones.

LennyRhys likes this.
  18. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I do have some nice cutters, but I mostly use (or abuse) one of my many pairs of these while my posh ones live a cosseted life in my tool box.

[​IMG]

LennyRhys likes this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Lebara SIM.

I wouldn't normally post about such a thing but they're cheap, 30 day rolling contracts and better coverage (Vodafone) than three. Porting did leave me a couple of hours sans phone but I was expecting that and went through flawlessly.

Plus the main kicker, free EU roaming.

20. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

There's a lot of IT/WEEE waste recyclers out there. I used to work for one and they tore old computers apart and sold the cables for scrap metal. You could probably get a lot for almost nothing.

The old 386s would probably be worth a lot to collectors, so for the price of selling them you could finance a good few projects and make someone happy.