1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I remember that last Epic scale model, but man, you remember way more about it than I do!

Almightyrastus likes this.
  2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Epic 40k actually is growing atm, because the 3d printing community is stepping up where GW walked away ( Same for BFG )

[​IMG]
    Medium Tank, is Chimera with the new Ordinance battery Gun

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

4. lilgoth89

i think this is the Big Send off for 9th edition Campaign

Which honestly is a little sad because i DO like 9th edition, its just the Codex creep and Stratagem spam is out of control, but there is a good game in there somewhere

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Either that or it's a CCG, Imperial Tarot and all that...

6. RedFlames

You're not the only one i;ve seen call this 'the countdown to 10e'

7. RedFlames

The Emperor's Tarot was in past lor who the emperor allegedly communicated.

and 'The Great Game' is iirc the continuing to and fro between the main chaos gods.

8. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Dear Grid co-ordinates

9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I regret getting rid of my stuff on an almost weekly basis. I had loooads from 1st Edition Space Marine and Codex T.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Epic scale was always something that I wanted to get into, and I do have quite a bit of various things kicking about, almost all of it inherited from people who were getting out of the hobby. I also had a friend who was really into it, especially the Eldar.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

JUST. WATCH. IT.

12. liratheal

I actually painted a Warhammer model again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almightyrastus, Pete J and MadGinga like this.
  13. Almightyrastus

Nice and crusty, excellent. I really do love what GW has done with the nurglings on these, they have put just enough cheeky fun back into the Chaos stuff. Now I just wish that they would do the same with Orks and snotlings...

liratheal likes this.
  14. liratheal

Yeah, the nurglings add just the right amount of balance to the nurgle stuff - But I have come to the conclusion that nurgle marines at least are so busy I don't want to paint them often!

15. Almightyrastus

It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete J and MadGinga like this.
  16. lilgoth89

[​IMG]
    I Decided i didnt really like the new Rogal Dorn Tank, because it doesnt really fit in with the rest of the imperial guard tanks visually

So i re-profiled the hull somewhat, squarring up some of the curves slapped on some Malcador Tracks and a scaled down Baneblade turret and it looks FAR superior

Pete J and liratheal like this.
  17. liratheal

The Malcador is the best looking IG tank IMO. Anything that mimics it is therefore better!

I'm painting up some Ultramarines, again, but I'm on the hunt for female heads that fit the aesthetic and aren't SoB heads.

[​IMG]

Figure if I'm going to do female marines for ebay I might as well go for the unit most likely to piss off the 'no girls allowed' neckbeard types.

18. Almightyrastus

All for female Space Marines here, but I really don't get the whole wailing and gnashing of teeth about either side of the subject that I see online. If people want them then do what you are doing here, stick some heads on and go for it, with all the lore about how they are produced and trained there wouldn't be any stat line changes. Oh gods, can you imagine that one? "Sure you can have female space marines, but they are 1 point weaker"... That'd be a whole other world of Twitter dumpster fires right there...

The problem that I have with putting female heads on Space Marines, and certainly the Primaris ones, is that nearly all of the female head options out there are just too small and delicate, or have hair styling that is REALLY not conducive to the whole Space Marine thing (Gravis suits with anime schoolgirl pigtails anyone?). There are some for the AoS Stormcasts that might work, but the SoB ones have the same size issue as a lot of others, although the hair is better on them, at least they have a practical style.

There look to be some pretty good options on Etsy or as 3D print files, especially when looking for "32mm scale female heads". That seems to get some slightly larger options.

Pete J likes this.
  19. liratheal

Yeah, I think head options is all there needs to be. There's no way women going through the marine-ification wouldn't turn into barrel chested behemoths like the blokes do, so it makes no sense to me to change the model line.

Heads that fit the aesthetic is all there needs to be. Like you say, the majority of heads are way too small, especially from the GW line, so it's kind of a mess out there.

The thing that gets me is that some people want female head options and half the fandom puts down their dicks for eight seconds to screech about how 'women aren't strong enough' or 'forty years of lore' or 'men don't have enough role models' as if basically space nazi's are good role models in any way shape or form.

I mostly figured I'd do these to 'put my money where my mouth is' that female heads is all that'd need to happen. Also taking the opportunity to get better at blue without drybrushes. And smooth gradients on fabric. And as few washes as possible. I still love nuln oil on metal, but I'm seeing the complaints some people have about them elsewhere.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  20. lilgoth89

honestly ive never given a dump about the 'female speees marinez' argument, let people enjoy their hobby their own way, i dont care if i play against hello kitty marines, Neon pink waifu tau, Sexy slaneesh tyranids or pole dancing stripper orks
    as long as people have fun, and are not completly obnoxious about playing the army i dont care ( but saying UWU every other word or constantly saying how you want to make love to Shadowsun's sweaty feet isnt going to make me want to play you and screaming WAAAGH everytime you roll the dice is going to win you any favours either )

Pete J likes this.