Who will you vote for at the next election?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Solidus, 24 Mar 2022.

?

Who will you vote for at the next election?

1. Conservative

2. Labour

3. Liberal Democrats

4. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, she'll be back - she has far too much support in the Tory far right*. Maybe they'll just move her to something safe like Education :eeek:

I can see the new text books now: If 5,000 illegal immagrants arrive in Britain every day, how many could we stop if the navy was allowed to sink their boats in the channel?

*unless they cut her loose in favour of a new overly ambitious mouthpiece who is also willing to do and say anything for column inches.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2023
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

As much as I’m glad to see that nasty piece of work gone, it’s exactly what she wanted in order to launch a future leadership campaign.

4. David

Yeah, and it won't be too hard a fight either - the last PM was outlasted by a wet lettuce, whereas the current one actually is a wet lettuce.

5. oscy

oscy Modder

I live in one of the safest Conservative seats in the UK, so my vote doesn't matter.

So I've adopted a policy that I'll vote in the next election if the Conservatives don't win the seat by more than 50%.

As their vote share has actually INCREASED since 1992, when they dropped from their usual 55% majority to a slim 40%, I haven't had to worry about standing in line just to be like Homer when Moe stole his idea. Get to go straight home after work.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Cameron seen heading into No 10.

Revolving door of incompetence.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

He has been given the Foreign Secretary job. He has been given a seat in the Lords so he can take the job, as he is not an MP.

That Sunak has had to bring in an ex-PM, who is no longer even an MP, shows how bad the current crop of Tories is.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Apparently, she was "ordered to leave government", not just asked to leave the Cabinet. Which I think means an incoming by-election.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

And hopefully another lost Tory seat as a result.

IanW likes this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It was pointed out today Sunak described Cameron as part of a failed status quo a few weeks ago.

Seems he views that as something to aspire to.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Rishi Sunak - The last 30 years have been a shitshow. I'm the herald of change...

Also Rishi Sunak - ...so i made David Cameron foreign secretary

EDIT: Also Rishi - to my party's 350-or-so MPs, you all suck and none of you are up to the foreign secretary job.

adidan likes this.
  12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I wonder why Cameron is so popular and enduring internally. On the face of it he seems smug, arrogant and not strikingly competent. Weird that people go out of their way to keep him involved. Tempted to get Rory's memoir to see if there's any insights in there...

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Maybe he can name names of the other MPs who indulged in a little necroporcine fellatio during their youth...

adidan and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

If that's the way it is, he's not wrong...

15. RedFlames

That's the thing though... he isn't.

If anything he's a Peter Mandelson-like figure... everyone hates him but for some reason they keep him around, and his resurfacing is often heralded as an ill omen.

16. David

That's the spirit, find an excuse for electoral apathy...

17. RedFlames

And overlooks how many nailed-on, safer-than-safe, no way they lose this, true blue seats the Tories have lost this parliament... or came close to losing...

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So, according to the Sun - no link - Esther McVey is back in the Cabinet as, and I assure you this is what it says in front of me here, "Minister for Common Sense" who is "tasked with tackling the scourge of wokery."

Esther McVey. Who lost Wirral West in 2015, moved to Tatton after Osborne gave it up and got voted back in, was appointed Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and was censured by the National Audit Office for misleading Parliament over the new Universal Credit scheme - she said the NAO report said it should be rolled out faster, when it actually said it should be paused - but then quit, ostensibly over Brexit, and took a £17k golden parachute and a year's holiday before throwing her hat into the ring when May got kicked out, then became Minister for Housing and Planning but found time to become a mouthpiece on (K)GB News... for which she was criticised by the Pickles, the chair of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, for breaking the Ministerial Code on anti-lobbying rules, then Johnson sacked her.

The Minister for Common Sense. Despite not... y'know, demonstrating any. Common or otherwise.

Her voting record shows an anti-welfare, anti-environment, pro-gambling, anti-legal-aid, pro-millionaire, anti-EU, pro-war, anti-immigrant, pro-snooping, anti-NHS, anti-gay-rights, anti-human-rights, anti-education stance. Who doesn't believe in, or doesn't think we should do anything about, climate change.

Minister for Common Sense.

Amaze.

19. RedFlames

Given Braverman and 30p Lee have gone, someone has to be the 'say headline-grabbing dumb ****' minister... McVey is probably a reliable pick for such a role

20. RedFlames

And so it begins...