Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I've just started playing Textspaced which is essentially a text based 4X game. It does have music and some generic sound effects as well as pictures and short videos to set the scenes, but basically text based other than that. I'm really enjoying it even though it's fairly slow progressing initially.

2. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Reminds me of Ogame.

3. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

i've been playing high on life completed it just 100%'ing it now while waiting for the DLC High on knife

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Last edited: 1 Sep 2023
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Tears of the Kingdom. Still... Can't remember the last time I piled 80+hrs into a game so soon after buying it.

Does feel like a bit of a grind at times, I'm definitely feeling the fatigue now. There's always more things to do, more shrines to find, more armour sets to find, more side quests to do, etc. TBH I could probably roflstomp my way through the end of the game, but the enemy scaling in this game seems dialled up to 11 compared to Breath of the Wild. Feels like I'm constantly running into very high level monsters at this late stage of the game. I'll probably get bored of the grind and just finish the game soon; I did the same thing with Breath of the Wild in my first playthrough. I've got other games lining up behind it that really want my attention: Baldurs Gate 3, CP2077 DLC, Starfield... :grin:

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've just started Gran Turismo 7 this afternoon and finding it pretty darn good. Quite enjoyed the er, kind of mini game while it downloaded in the background - managed to gold the symphonies track and silver the other two. Going from tootling round in a Honda Jet to practicing sections of a circuit in an Alfa Romeo group 3 car was good fun.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

8. keef247

keef247 Modder

Control, now on the last dlc. Very good!

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Not started either yet, but have bought Tiny Tina's Wonderlands and NFS Unbound. Both were £18 or so. The latter will be my solo for during the week days.

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OK 6 hours into TTWL. It's bleeding brilliant. So much better than BL3. Genuinely funny too.

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Been playing No Man's Sky on the Switch between going to bed and actually sleeping. It's absolutely amazing how they got it working and how well it actually plays especially in handheld mode.

Also been slogging through my first play-through of Baldur's Gate 3 whenever I get the chance / willpower to turn on my PC, so still on Act 1. It's an absolutely amazing game though a bit fatiguing due to the weight of every decision.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

WH40K Boltgun

PURGE THE HERETIC. CLEANSE THE CONTEMPTABLE XENO. BURN THE TRAITOR.

Lovely little game. If you like FPSs and 40K, it's a no-brainer. Difficulty is reasonable - I'm playing in the "Exterminatus" (i.e. Nightmare) mode and I die here and there, although my reactions aren't what they used to be. To give you an idea, I can just about make it through the first level of Doom Eternal on its hardest setting, and completed Doom 2016 on the hardest level available at the start (with a lot of swearing). Gameplay reminds me of Unreal Tournament 3, which I personally think is a good thing.

Weapons are fun. I'm only part way through so don't have all the weapons yet, but the default titular boltgun is a joy to use, especially against the weaker enemy like cultists, who explode like squishy blood balloons with sound effects to match. You can also keep shooting enemies after they died, which is just damned satisfying. You'll never have an ammo problem - you may run out mid battle if you stick to one weapon, but thankfully they're all good, so you just switch over (no Doom Eternal shenanigans with forcing you to swap weapons every microsecond). And when you have had enough and need to gun down everything in front of you, it's time to whip out the heavy bolter and go to town. Or you can use the chainsword to zoom over to people with an attack reminiscent of the energy sword attack in Halo 2.

Just completed my first boss - was a bit of a *******, especially with enemies teleporting in, but learnt to use the overcharge on the plasma to send the foul abomination back to the Warp.

If you want a power trip game that's not too taxing, I recommend it so far.

MadGinga likes this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Still restricting myself to one level per day, I now appear to have somehow hit a score I don't think I'll ever repeat:

[​IMG]

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Finally did a HFW run through to remind myself how to play the blumning thing again, now hit Burning Shores for the first time.

Purdy.

Byron C likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So apparently I have a thing for Cyberpunk 2077 :worried:

[​IMG]

After playing through Phantom Liberty I thought I was done this game. But then they dropped more content in the Ultimate Edition update, so... of course, I had to go back and play it again. There isn't actually that much "content", it's mostly new cars, cyberware, lots of tweaks & balance changes, the metro system, and an additional (and repeatable) romance event. But I don't begrudge going back through the game again, as I do want to play through the various different ending paths for Phantom Liberty. I'm also pretty sure that there's a couple base game endings that I haven't actually played through since 2021.

If anything, I'm actually seeing more jank after the 2.1 update, although it's mostly with vehicles. Sometimes vehicles spontaneously burst into flames or explode for no seemingly no reason. I've seen NPCs happily grinning at me from a car that is engulfed in flames. This one seemed content to defy physics by sitting perfectly in her seat, without a seatbelt on, while the car is on its roof:

[​IMG]

I reckon I've got about another 15-20hrs before I finally finish everything I want to and get back to Baldur's Gate 3. Although I've just added a bunch of games to my Steam wishlist that I plan on picking up before the sale finishes, so.... free time? I've heard of it... :worried:

adidan likes this.
  16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I think 2024 will see me finally pick up a GPU for cyberpunk and will invest as much time as you @Byron C no doubt.

Need a 1440p card that can do all the pretties without me having to remortgage first though.

Think the Slim will keep me busy for a while though.

E: And talking of libraries I took a look at my Epic one that now stands at two pages of free games. No idea when I'll get around to them.

Last edited: 30 Dec 2023
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

TBF that’s about 3 years worth, across about half a dozen save files.

I’ve raved about raytracing in CP2077 in the past, but honestly I take it all back. I disabled RTX in my current game, and I really don’t think I miss it.

Don’t get me wrong, if you’ve got the hardware to run it in full no-holds-barred RTX Overdrive mode then it looks absolutely jaw dropping. But even without RTX it’s still a damn good looking game.

adidan likes this.
  18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Just started playing the first Bodycam play test, it's pretty impressive although very limited at the moment. Genuinely struggle to articulate what makes it seem so promising but yeah, if you're into mil-sim type stuff I'd highly recommend signing up and having a go if you're lucky enough to get in.

19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Faaaarking hell!

Via memory poke from reading an interview with the developer, I decided to do a quick search and see what came up and I've stumbled across this utter gem, which brings back so many memories. My Dad was a programmer back when no-one knew what one was and so we had a Model B at home for him to do his work on. He may well have just in fact been playing a WOPPing great game of Tic Tac Toe, but my brother and I used to badger him daily for "just one quick go before school...I've brushed my teeth and everything!".

'Spect.

EDIT: AND I've played Rodland.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2024
  20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

@SuperHans123 - do NOT play Wo Long. Don't even watch a trailer.

I'll copy this over to your other thread when I get a chance but liberate tutame as the Doc said. I really wanted to like this based on nothing but box (screen) art and an idea, but it's indecipherable RAOTFMBLAP*. I don't remember ever getting confused on a (non-)tutorial before, but now I'm actually bewildered as to why this needed to be installed on the internal SeXbox drive when a fkg manual paper ticker feed for the levels would have done. No tactics or strategy that I could discern beyond hitting AXXYBYBYBXX and wading through fathoms of menu screens. Underwhelmed and saddened just doesn't capture it. "Disappointed at having stayed up so late to the point when I would normally be getting up" sort of does, but I still feel cheated out of that time.

Fk it. I'm not wasting any more calories pressing keyboard buttons in service to that game. I'd rather wrestle an airborne virus. I'll go run another half instead.

*rolling around on the floor mashing buttons like a prick (TM)

SuperHans123 likes this.