Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Yep, me three. Never heard of this before.

Byron C likes this.
  2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

It's really good for applying to your bike to prevent damage to the paintwork, especially for mountain biking.

Byron C and Vault-Tec like this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

TIL that helicopter tape appears to be one of those permanent temporary quick fixes applied, in this case, to a terrifying oversight of aviation design.

Byron C and Vault-Tec like this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Now my refund has been processed, I can correct the record: I *did* do this.

digdug.jpg

That's not a wire that's been soldered and snapped in transit, it's either been cut during case assembly or was never stripped and soldered in the first place. Either way, it should never have left the factory like that - it wouldn't pass a visual inspection, much less anyone actually turning the thing on and checking the speaker works.

Pete J, Yaka and IanW like this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well that’s… confidence inspiring…

Quality control? We’ve heard of it.

IanW likes this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Isn't that the thing that the upper management tell to just get the damned thing out the door?

IanW likes this.
  7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Just bought a 12,000rpm 120mm fan. Not gonna lie, I'm scared of the damn thing even when it's on a different continent. Thoughts and prayers pls.

[​IMG]

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Video needed.

I had Delta 120mm with a broken corner because it violently launched itself off the desk during the first test run... that was only 8000 RPM AFAIK.

Vault-Tec, Isitari, Arboreal and 2 others like this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

A 12,000RPM 120mm fan that consumes three amps at 48v. Yeah, that’s pretty terrifying…

Absolutely 100% agreed. I need to see/hear what such a monstrosity is capable of.

Arboreal and LennyRhys like this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Are you considering building a small hovercraft, with that as the lift fan?

Isitari, Arboreal and LennyRhys like this.
  11. David

You still mass-producing coleslaw, mate?

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ooo, a fun fan. I remember having one of the old infamous 80mm Deltas back in the early 2000s. Had it sat one of these bad boys for a short while, a very short while:

[​IMG]

Did an awesome job of cooling the old Athlon (unsurprisingly), but boy was it loud when turned up...

The fan was more than capable of pushing itself around the desk, just had to remember to be careful about trying to catch it if it got too close to the edge...

LennyRhys likes this.
  13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had the same, but it wasn't on anything quite so posh: it was on a heatsink which was from Thermaltake or Thermalright or someone like it, where it had a solid vertical circular(?) core (a phase-change vapour chamber in the original design, I think, then just solid aluminium) with the fins coming out horizontally and the fan flowing down from the top. Black cuboid thing, ring a bell for anyone? I'm seeing nowt familiar on a DuckDuckGo image search, everything's far too new.

LennyRhys likes this.
  14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

On paper, it pushes 303CFM in free air, and is able to achieve max static pressure of just under 1300Pa, but the far more impressive stat is its ability to push >200CFM whilst maintaining very high static pressure. For those wondering, this fan is used in network cabinets (Cisco, Brocade etc.) where "ordinary" fans just won't cut the mustard.

Also, yes to all of the above: a hovercraft, coleslaw, and puréed appendages are all on the menu. Videos are forthcoming, although the fan cost me £50 and is quite rare, so I'm going to have to behave myself with it. :worried:

Byron C, Isitari and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

First I thought an Akasa Evo 33, single slug vapour chamber but not top down
    [​IMG]

May have been thermaltake, they had lots of nutty coolers.

16. Gareth Halfacree

It was definitely Thermal-summat, I can tell you that. I can see it in my mind's eye now: looking at it top-down, you had the central core then the fins radiating out to form a square; the corner fins were enlarged at the end to grab onto grub screws holding the Delta in place. Wish I could remember the name of the thing!

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I still have one of these boxed upstairs

[​IMG]

Three quarters of a kilo of cooling :lol:

E: Not sure what to do with it. Maybe put some cushions on it and use it as a chair.

18. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Maaaan... the memories. You just reminded me that I still have the all-copper TRUE from many moons ago. It weighs 2kg without a fan. I'm intending to pair it with some of the 48V beasts I have on order.

[​IMG]

Bloody_Pete and Byron C like this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oof...

LennyRhys likes this.
  20. David

Speaking of Scythe, I have a FUMA 2 somewhere for my 5800X3D. Can I find it? Nope!

It's not exactly small, but I have hunted high and low and cannot find it anywhere. So, in order to find it, I have stopped looking.

LennyRhys likes this.