1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cult and religion

Discussion in 'Serious' started by dead_man, 5 Apr 2005.

1. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

what i want to know is how old is jc.com?

2. jc.com

jc.com What's a Dremel?

Why? does it make a difference? How old do you think I am?

Actually, no. A bit of exercise is good for one, and that includes the grey matter. This would have been a very short (and uninteresting) thread if we all thought exactly the same.

Fair dos. :D

3. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

Actually the torah is the first 5 books of the bible

4. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

can't believe this is still going
    in my humble opinion all religion is cult
    I bring to your attention the example
    The bible is fine when it is taken in the context of a moral guidebook, some very good examples of both good and bad are given, as a religuos text however imho its basically a work of fiction based on stories told long ago and passed down from generation to generation and changing slightly at every telling, its in mans nature to exaggerate when telling a story be it myth(the class i put jesus and god into) ghost story or fishing tale

me i'm a lapsed christian so i've read the book, done the church time and in my own time came to the conclusion that yeah the story was good but not good enough for me to base my beliefs solely on the evidence given, this may be different for some people,

but hey who knows maybe douglas adams got it right and we're just the bits and bytes in some one elses .exe :naughty:

before the believers amongst us take offence this is just my opinion, you're entitled to yours, you lot can argue all you like, the balance is somewhere in between the points

5. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

I think the problem lies within not taking enough time to study the bible. People spend little effort of actually studying the bible and more time saying that they can't understand it or it's "just a good book of stories."
    We realize that for many books to truly understand them we must study them in depth. The bible is just about as in depth as any book can get. Even more so the outcome effects our lives today and in the future. I guess we will just have to wait and see what will happen. But just like in Noah's day, the people saw the rain coming and then proceeded to bang on the sealed door of the ark to let them in. Only when impending doom was in plain sight did they then change their thinking. Let's hope this doesn't happen in a similar way to anybody on the earth. The bible states clearly that these ones will say in the end "God is with you people" and also "they will have to know that I am Jehovah[God]."

I just hope that everyone is 100% sure of their convictions.

6. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

errr... I already stated that bud ;)

a little late huh?