1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMORPG's

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tolsk, 10 Feb 2006.

?

Which MMORPG do you play

1. Everquest

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Everquest 2

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. World of Warcraft

22 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. Eve Online

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. Star Wars: Galaxies

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Final Fantasy XI

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. Not Listed (please post)

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  8. None

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. Guild Wars

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  10. Dark Age of Camelot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. free MMORPG

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  12. Lineage 2

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

Ok, im posting this thread because im thinking im going to start playing a new mmorpg and im wondering what you guys play and how long and what server

EDIT: i relized i forgot guild wars, but cant figure out how to edit the poll.

2. orb

orb satisfying.

No Lineage II ?

3. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

apparently not, those are just the ones i came up with off the top of my head

4. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

Guild Wars for me, but i do sometimes play the downloadable ones online :)

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

World of Warcraft... again, and again, and again.

I played countless hours on US servers between Feb and August last year, and on Monday I also bought the European version of the game and opened a new account over here too.

Utterly compulsive stuff.

6. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Erm...Dark Age Of Camelot? One of the most successful and largest MMORPGs to date? :p

7. Musicboffin

Musicboffin What's a Dremel?

Silkroad Online. A very good free MMO but occasionally a bit laggy.

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

eeeeeeeeeeve!!!!! :D

9. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

I heard it has been voted the worst community online, because of guilds being dedicated to exploiting new players to the game, correct me if im wrong though

10. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Hmmm...
    I've never heard of that. My guild and the guilds I have come into contact with have a very strict policy to help new players in any and every way.On my server (Glastonbury) you do get 'hardcore' guilds who only RVR and such and who'll only take experienced players but i've never heard of 'exploitation' of new players; they'd just ignore them :p

Tolsk, it really depends on what you're looking for out of an MMORPG and what theme you like the best. If you could be ANY character in ANY fantasy scenario, what and where would you be?

11. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

World of warcraft - The best adventure you will experience i think. The world is huge and fun to explore, lots of people you can meet and you can genuinely make a reputation for yourself on your server whether it be good or bad.

I made many friends while i played it, i had to quit because my pc couldnt handle the late game areas and multiple players on the screen so until my new pc is built in about 4 months time i stopped playing it.

Great game, opened my eyes to online mmporgs.

Downside is you can get addicted real bad lol. Over 1 year of my life is missing because of it, i played throughout the US beta, european betas and onto release nonstop.

Ouch!

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I've spent quite a few hours playing Project Entropia, although am likely to give it up, because you can only really play for so long without putting money into the game before it becomes..well..rubbish. But, if you're lucky, you might make a bit of money on it, I've got about 500 dollars coming to me just for some loot I got, then auctioned, and some dude who I can assume was clinically insane actually shelled out $500 for them. However, the majority of people won't be so lucky, and I imagine most who don't put money into the game quit within 10 hours of play.

I'm just now trying Anarchy online, patching it, so I'll get back with first impressions of it in a bit.

I also tried the 10 day trial of Eve, and while I can respect that it may be seen as the best MMO by many of its players(read addictees) its a bloody hard game to get into.

13. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Most recently? WoW. And I hope to for about year or more... very addictive even at endgame.

14. LogicalChaos

LogicalChaos What's a Dremel?

Well i guess im the only one here that plays EverQuest2 sadly theres not much to say about EQ2 its a great game i like it a whole better than world of warcraft but most of the time i find myself playing my 360.

15. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Believe it or not I still think Neocron... :rolleyes:

Only for the PVP however, and still it's the only game to effectively have FPS-like aiming? probably not by now though.

16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I was quite intrested in Neocron, simply due to the setting, it alone went with the Deus Ex type feel to it, as opposed to all the flying dragon gnome crap :p

But its pretty heavily outdated now I imagine.

Anarchy online is intresting, I havn't met up with the guys I know who play it yet, so purely from an SP perspective, I'd say first impressions are so so. Its quick and easy to level, but I soon found myself without any sense of purpose, yes, I could go get a mission, run about, kill some things, then get some loot that didn't have any effect on me(I sold it, cos its always useless) or I can run about without going on a mission, and kill the same things. Feels a bit purposeless so far, hopefully teaming will change that though.

17. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I play World of Warcraft. I used to play Final Fantasy XI but I absolutely cannot stand that game. It just isn't my style of MMO. I hated waiting for hours some nights just to get a good group. If you weren't a Priest, Paladin, or Red Mage the game became unfun once you reached the Qufim/Batallia Downs areas. I played CoH/CoV for a bit, definately fun in small doses.

18. Chucjy

Chucjy What's a Dremel?

I play Ultima online :D... the first and longest running ... dont pay for it just play on a free shard though hehe.

19. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

What server you on? Terra?

20. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

City of Heroes/City of Villains player here...