1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

[​IMG]

T-44 2,010,000
    IS-4 3,561,000
    IS-7 6,100,000
    Object 704 3,547,000
    Su-14 1,179,000
    Leopard 255,100
    Tiger 1,256,700
    Lowe
    M6a2e1
    T32 2,610,000
    T25 1,327,000

Vehicles 21,845,800 excluding premiums
    add 10M for premiums

camo x2 200,000
    binoc x1 500,000
    cyclone x1 500,000
    laying drive x3 1,500,000
    large spall liner x3 1,500,000
    large rammer x3 1,500,000
    toolbox x1 500,000
    vert stabiliser mk2 x4 2,400,000

equipment 8,600,000

Garage total 40,445,800 :D

</epeen>

2. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

nice skill levels on that is-4:D I am a bit sad that you beat my epeen size though :( And thats a lot of gold:p

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Thank you :)

4. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

Just started playing this today andI am getting my arse handed to me every time. Any pointers for starting out? e.g. what to research/buy to get me a bit more of a chance out there?

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

To start with, you're probably better off defending your own base - the rookie tanks really don't aim well on the move, so pick a bush, camp behind it and pick them off as they come speeding in. Upgrade your gun ASAP.

6. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

Out of the starting lineup of tanks I have tended to go for the middle one - forgotten what they are called now. I have researched a new gun...but then realised I had no credits to mount it!

Intriguing game...I keep wanting to Strafe!!!

7. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

watch out, before you know it, your addicted:D

8. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

upgraded my middle tank....now have a better weapon mounted that has a nice rate of fire. I am enjoying this so far. It is a deeper game than I thought, things like my crew I have not even gone into yet. It is quite an intimidating game to get into really.

9. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Ignore works fine for chat, I just wish they'd sort out the ping spam business. I automatically ignore everything before the match has started as 99% is just spam. However, it would be nice to get the occasional ping from someone on the team that isn't a total nugget rather than "I CAN HAZ MAP SPAM! ROFL!!11!" You may have no idea how much it hurt to type that. A "spontaneously combust annoying git" button is rather sadly lacking.

Yes and no. In many ways it's seriously intimidating - half the people in this thread played the beta, I didn't and find them seriously disturbing. They've played the game for a hell of a lot longer than we have, how exactly are we supposed to compete?

The other side of the coin is that it isn't just a cookie cutter build for an MMO. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" is not the mantra for this game. Play how you want to, find out what is best suited to you. Personally, I'm a devout and practising coward. I like to shoot people that've never seen me. Mostly I do artillery (I'm OK at that, not brilliant) and dabble with tank destroyers. Try it all, find what suits you.

10. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

You can compete with me on any level like for like, say tier 5 med vs tier 5 med etc.. its all down to your skills and playstyle which are largeley developed in under say 40 hours of play. Yeah your KV for example couldnt dance with my IS-4, but it'd be the same if the tanks were reversed.

11. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

12. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I'm disappointed that with the changes to the matchmarker I'll no longer be able to pick apart Lowes in my T6 and T7 mediums once this update goes live :waah:

13. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

That wasn't what I meant mate, half fun full earnest comment. It can be a little scary for some of us if we start looking at stats for some of you guys that have been playing a while, the comparison is not favourable. I have to calculate lead on a shot if I'm using anything other than arty whereas I suspect that you don't even consciously think about it any more. It's familiarity more than anything else.

Looking at that chart it looks like my games as arty aren't going to be getting any easier! Tier 8 minimum at tier 5 and tier 10 minimum at tier 6 - they won't even need to shoot at me, just use harsh language and pointed looks! :waah:

14. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

I swear its my bitter memory playing tricks on me, but I swear I've been up against T10 tanks in my 34-85, is that MM chart all new, or just tweaked?

15. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

That's a given for any arty piece matey. Similarly though my Tier-6 arty can one-shot a JagdTiger or Lowe or do around 85% damage to an IS-4 in a single hit, sometimes :) (AP ammo).

16. Lance

I've killed a e-100 in my t-34-85.

Proof will come later.

17. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I don't know about anyone else but as far as leading shots on someone, I just guess. As for other things, the matchmaking system and the limited upgrades available means that no matter what you're driving, you should be able to cope with the people you're put against. Yes, some tanks will one-shot others on the playing field but that's got nothing to do with how long you've been around, it's just life (or death).

Artillery has always been stacked against higher-tier tanks. It's hard for me in my Wespe to do any kind of damage to some vehicles I'm pitched against but it's a matter of picking your shots. Is 3% damage on a T-29 worth it? Probably not. Are there any other things you can shoot at? If so, go for them but otherwise 3% damage and the chance of a crit is helpful.

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I don't follow the Tier/Matchmaking diagram - why's it go up to T13? (Or am I reading it *so* wrong?)

19. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

It's because that is the tier of the battle, not of the tank. Across is what tier battles a given tank could be in. So a tier 7 heavy could be in a tier 8-12 battle. Then go down the tier column to find what tanks you could face.

20. Lance

I think the T13 refers to upgraded guns maybe? Thats a guess.