1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mis-read that at first, I thought you said you had a mate who drove from the back seat of a mini!

I guess it's victim of circumstance, but I just don't have passengers behind me in the Mondeo unless they're short legged, or at all in the RS.

It really, really, is.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I'm 6'7" tall and most BMW's are comfortable to drive. Drop the seat down then adjust how far back you want to sit. Even the new Mini Coopers are fairly comfy even for long distances if you adjust the seats.

The only issue I've have with Beemers recently was an X1 I had for a bit which had the cruse control in an annoying place.

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Its presentable enough now so I'd thought I'd take a couple of pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Nice

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Remind me, is that the 5th gen?

6. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Yep.

7. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Been a while since I posted but had a bit of an upgrade from the Fiesta ST:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Potato Quality Cheesecake!)

:D

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Does anyone else (and don't take this as a criticism of your car, xaser04, Golf Rs are lovely), find it a bit daft how VAG are putting 4 exhaust tips on what I believe to be every single one of their performance oriented 4-pots these days?

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Lucky bugger!

I've decided my next car will be a Golf R or Focus ST... unfortunately I won't be in a position to get it for at least a year yet :(

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Honestly I think it is daft myself. I would have much preferred it if they kept the old R design with two exhausts in the middle-ish. Unfortunately the GTI itself has two exhausts (left and right) and thus they have to "out do" it on the R by giving it 4.

On a side note only the middle two are enabled during normal driving. Switch into "Race mode" and the baffles open on the outer two. Makes for quite a nice noise considering it is a 4 pot Turbo. Nothing like the glorious note from the old MKV R32 though...

Coupled with DSG it is rather swift. Launch control is "interesting" and I have no doubts about the 4.8 to 62 time officially quoted.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

13. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

But !!!........can it play Crisis ?

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Quite!

I was behind an E430 in Elegance spec the other day, and was quite pleased to find no visible exhaust! How things have changed in 15 years, now a Golf with the same power has 4.

I also hate this fashion for fake exhaust trims in bumpers. Looking at a G11 7-er the other day it had two small exhausts with two humongous fake tail pipe trims in the rear bumper. I'd rather have a plain bumper with no trims.

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm relatively happy with exhaust trims on something like a 7er if it means the exhaust tips integrate well with the design of the rear bumper, but draw the line when there are needless flourishes.

E.g.
    G11 740i, fine, if a bit large
    G11 760i, why? I'm not very happy about the M and V12 badges either. I always respected BMW for not going overtly sporty on the 7er like Mercedes and Audi have done to it's peers, those were the days. I guess if you want a *cough* understated V12 wafter from BMW you need to hop in a Rolls these days.

Having fake tips on a performance car is right out though - VAG has a lot to answer for

They're generally getting too big though - is this the next alloy wheels, where they have to get large enough to become entirely impractical before manufacturers will move on to something else?

Last edited: 7 Jun 2016
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Some performance VAG wagons are understated - look! Only two tailpipes and a whole TEN CYLINDERS! (This is not my actual car. This is a car I found on the internet, of the same model).

I must admit though - lots of wagons do have silly exhaust configurations. Also, while we're at it, why do people still persist with loud backboxes on otherwise sh1te cars?!

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Coz LOUD NOISES!!!!!

chavs just like to add a fartcan to the back of their car, to add all the Horses

the perfect sound it seems is cross between, a very sick garden strimmer and a Bee in an soda can

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The Chiron is a bit different - the exhaust arrangement in there is blowing the diffuser, hence the tips sealing separately to allow for flow between the actual exhausts and the trims.

I think the alloys thing has come already - the Vauxhall Adam for example (the sub-Corsa sized car) can be optioned with 18" wheels. Even my hot Clio only got 16" wheels as standard, and that was the top of the range hot hatch!

22" option wheels on the new Range Rover is a great example as well.