1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XARIG AQUA-SLI MKII - CPU Update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Xarig, 30 Jan 2005.

?

Which hard drive housing?

Poll closed 11 Feb 2005.
  1. Silentmaxx

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Aqua computer

35 vote(s)
    85.4%
  1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Another vote for AC here

2. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

off 2 bix rads i recon thats going to be a bit toasty. Maby you could pop a 3rd rad in the 120mm hole on the mobo tray :D .

2 rads

pump ,cpu Bix 1 , gfx 1 , gfx2 ,chipset ,bix 2, hd, res

3 rads

pump ,Bix 1, cpu ,Bix 2 , gfx 1 , gfx2 , bix 3,chipset ,hd, res

Nice work so far :D

another vote for the AC hd box aswell :)

3. Firehed

I think it'll be fine myself... I had an overclocked 3000+, NF4 chipset and a 6600 going passively on 2 Airplex 120's and the GPU was 60c below stock cooling (yeah... stock cooling was craptastic), and I plan to get dual 6800GT's too. Of course it won't be passive but I think it should be fine as far as cooling goes.
    Of course adding hard drives into the loop... hard to say for sure. They don't put out THAT much heat though.

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

No question. The Aqua-Computer AquaDrive is THE BEST LOOKING HD cooler on this planet. As a matter of fact the AquaDrive is the best looking piece Aqua-Computer makes. :hip: (that little guy looks alot like me)..

5. kinetikfr

kinetikfr What's a Dremel?

Hello,

Great Mod, you give me lots of idea for my pc. I have the same case and the same motherboard :D I have 2 EN6600GT to be watercooled. I'm making a water case outside the case with a BIX2. Hope it will be enough to cool cpu,chiset and 2 gpu.

Keep working and send us lots pic of yours work.

Best regards

6. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

looks real sweet dude!

For looks go aqua. If not I would for sure go for Silentmaxx.

But dude your mod is looking well sweet. Nice work

- S

7. Firehed

You really are obsessed with that thing... the pics REALLY must not do it justice. Because as far as I'm concerned my Cuplex Pro looks pretty damn cool. And thanks for clarifying that post at SNT btw.
    [/tangent]

8. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Firehed you've given me the confidence to go for it. I'm with the consensus Aqua Drive - simply lush! :hehe: Okay so they're added to the shopping list, just need to figure out all the plumbing I'm going to need so I can get it all in one go. Making Euro bank transfers is a pain in the :blush: and it's expensive to do it too often.

Can somebody point me to a definitive guide so I can make sure I get all the bits I need, also should I go Aqua Computer for the GPUs or Innovatek, questions questions :worried:

Aquacomputer:
    [​IMG]

Innovatek:
    [​IMG]

It's just gonna have to be this little beauty for the CPU:
    [​IMG]

And fittings plug n' cool or compression - the compression look more bling but are they more difficult to use? :confused:

9. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

HMMMMMMMMM this monster has got my credit card flexing:

[​IMG]
    OCZ Modstream PSUwould need some modding - black molex, ATX, ATA connectors etc. 28A 12volt rail - could be just the medicine for my possible mistake with the Thermaltake PSU :cooldude:

10. n0ll4k

n0ll4k What's a Dremel?

first of all very nice project

then what do you mean with compression fittings?

i think i would prefer the plug n cool if you use the pun tube which you can buy at aqua-computer

11. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

I have an unused Cuplex Evo plexiglass reservoir with AMD Fittings lying around. Perhaps you are interested in it? (Not S939 or S754 though)

Or wanna stick with the Blue edition? Perhaps smarter for colour scheme.
    Dunno about schipping costs from The Netherlands to the UK, but I bet about the same as Germany.

plug 'n cool standard btw.

Go with the aquacomputer 6800 block. It's more appealing to the eye than the Innovatek :D .

12. Firehed

I don't know what I did really... but by all means thanks :blush:

I'd definately say go with the AC GPU cooler. The inno (imo) looks kinda tacky compared to it, and I'm not sure if it's compression fittings are 6/8 or 8/10 (P&C=6/8). AC parts just have a certain elegance to them. The nice laser-etched logo on top, not nearly as overpowering as the Inno thing.

I've played around with 6/8 compressions a bit (they came with a GPU block I bought a while back that's in my P4). Hard to say really... I wasn't sure how compressed they needed to be so I kinda destroyed them a bit (I wasn't using them so it didn't matter though) by accident. They're both really simple and IMO both look equally as nice, so as far as I'm concerned it's really a matter of preference. However I'd stick to all of the same thing, it tends to get wierd with things mismatched.

I dunno about a guide but here's a quick rundown of what you'll need/want
    pump
    radiator
    waterblocks
    fittings for waterblocks if not included
    res (optional technically but I can't imagine not using one)
    fan(s) for rad(s)
    tubing (I'd get at least 3m to be safe)
    possibly a different faceplate for the aquadrive (they have aluminum ones as well as the stock SS)

obviously you have a lot of it already, so basically waterblocks, fittings as needed, tubing and the faceplate if you want it. I'd doublecheck with modsquad :p I think it's safe to say he knows more about watercooling than me, seeing as he probably has the whole innovatek and aquacomputer product line at his house.

I keep forgetting who has what as there are SO many projects involving watercooling in black cases, all of which are great BTW. I think I'm gunna try those acrylic shrouds myself... I found a rather unique way to mount my rads to the fans where they'd fit in so well.

Also, this is just opinion, but you may want to pick up some metal hardware for mounting the waterblocks. My NB and GPU blocks both use these plastic screws which IMO seem cheesy and I always think I'll end up stripping them, and those hex-head bolts would look a lot better in their place. I'm making a note to get some myself, after I go down to Ace/home depot and complain about the lack of M3 stuff over 5mm long (found some sources online though, so all's well). However all the blocks should include the hardware they need for installation

13. Derelict

Derelict What's a Dremel?

Aqua Computer all the way...

14. ebola_one

ebola_one What's a Dremel?

Updates!!!!

15. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the slow down in progress on this project. :sigh:

I've been out of the country and working too hard lately.

I've finally got round to sourcing some more of the kit I need, Leftclicks.co.uk have been helping me with some AC gear - saves maessing around sending euros to Germany etc.

I've got some time off at Easter so hope to make some real progress then.

16. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

We need updates :D

17. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Patience my young Padawan :hehe:

Is Heighley Gate the garden centre you're hoping to get some work in? That place is huge now!

Order for my gear has been placed, watch this space :naughty:

18. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I've got the form here to hand in :hehe: They've recently extended the whole thing as i'm sure you know :) Back on topic, when can we expect and update? :D

19. ebola_one

ebola_one What's a Dremel?

sweeet.

20. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

Have you done everything ny yourself???? :eyebrow: