1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple ranked highest for satisfaction

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

The thing is u pay for the satisfaction with Apple.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

their stuff is shinny and expensive. that's why they have highest satisfaction.

but i am 100% not satisfied, a crappy headphone for £20?? all those £5 replacements on ebay are fake, and won't fit in my iphone!

i think this image is perfect:
    [​IMG]

4. harveypooka

harveypooka Fond of rumpots and crackpots

They get a lot of things wrong (pricing, slow adoption of hardware) and a lot of things right (the operating system, build quality).

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Slow Adoption of Hardware?

Which laptop manufacturer has pushed out a dual GPU platform with the 9400M as a general use processing chip in their high end laptops - Apple?

6. clx

clx What's a Dremel?

You will probably find that Apple "fan boys" are a lot more hardcore than your average pc user. Thus will happily say “very satisfied” even if Steve Jobs kicked them in the balls and stole their wallet.

7. harveypooka

Granted.

But I'm still running a 512MB 8800GT as the top-end GPU in my Mac Pro. That's what I call slow adoption of hardware. That's all we got.

8. The_EXorcist

The_EXorcist Possibly Australian

Im not terribly suprised, Mac fanboys are happy its not a PC, and are therefore "very satisfied". Whereas alot of PC users build there own systems, or have friends\family that do it for them, they arent buying a PC from a company, more buying parts from a whole range of manufacturers

9. harveypooka

Hmm. I have a Mac and a PC. If I'd have taken part in the survey I would have answered honestly, that Apple are very satisfactory, apart from their damned slow adoption of some hardware.

There are Mac users that aren't automatically fan boys! :D

10. Vittorio

Vittorio What's a Dremel?

I have both Apple and other hardware that runs both Windows and Linux based OS. Im happy with the service I get from Apple if I get a problem. I phone them up or take the problem to an Apple store and it gets resolved. I cannot say the the same for others.

Apple makes the hardware and the software so they know how it all works, with a windows based system how many variations are there of hardware? Just take the motherboard for example at least 6 manufacturers, move onto the graphics and so forth.

A PC is a PERSONAL COMPUTER it does not mean it is a Windows Computer, it about time people understood this and moved on.

11. harveypooka

Agreed.

But it's the term that we use at the moment.

Good luck trying to change it!

12. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

so let me get this right, this survey was carried out through "The Unofficial Apple Weblog"?
    i wonder why pc companies are lower on the list

13. harveypooka

No.

The article says 'via' which means they found this information out 'via' TUAW.

14. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

hah. you are mistaken, sir. a very small minority of PC users build their own machines.

15. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Im not surprised to be honest that Apple did so well, and people like Sony did so poorly.

We recently bought a Sony CS laptop for xmas... and the fan's on it are proving to be a nightmare. Sony know its a manufacturing issue, but have only offered to swap out the fans for the same models.. still faulty despite the problem being solvable by a firmware change (100's of people have this issue by the way with the new CS laptops). Arrogant gits they are. They are probably waiting for the class-action lawsuit before they do anything.

Compare that to how Apple responded with their trackpad issue on the new macbooks... solved and an update issued pretty quickly.

Lesson to be learned for me : Never buy a Sony product ever again. Consider Apple instead.

Already it has cost Sony dearly. My new HDTV .... samsung model just purchased as I informed the sales man at Comet that I will never buy a Sony product ever again.

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That will teach them suckers at Sony a lesson! :eyebrow: If only more people would actually stop buying faulty crap...

And I can see why Apple wins this. Their build quality is awesome, it's shiny [means every single woman votes for them] and it works out-the-box. Support is also a great plus and it's not only Apple who make you pay a hefty premium for better/longer support, take a look at Dell for example.

I'd definitely like to get a nice Macbook or a Mac Pro, dual boot Win7 and OSX but it's the price that drives me back to 'normal' PC hardware every time.

17. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

the one flaw in this study is the length of time after which it is conducted, most apple hardware managed to make it through 90 days, but not huge amounts further due to lots of experience.

18. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

Takes a very honest person to admit (even to themselves) that they're less than 100% satisfied when they chose to spend a lot more money for something that does much the same.

19. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

When you set out to buy a fashion accessory for upwards of 1-2k and it lets you join the social elite, of course you're going to be happy with the product - You're certainly not going to admit otherwise, lest they kick you from the cool club. :hehe:

This, however, is probably also true.
    But with the price premium factored in, I'd rather build my own Win/Linux Laptop or PC and be able to fix it myself when things go wrong, but the majority of Apple consumers just aren't people who are inclined to tinker with and fix the products for themselves.
    Apple for fashion enthusiasts, Windows, Linux and self-builds for tech enthusiasts. ;)
    Dell for people who don't care either way. :p

Last edited: 20 Feb 2009
  20. harveypooka

That's certainly why I bought my Mac. Not because they're beautifully constructed (internally and externally) and use an operating system that I value.

Tags: Add Tags