1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax Liberty Eco 620W PSU Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 25 Jun 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Looks like a decent PSU but still I would never buy Enermax cos they use that god damn ugly sleeving.

3. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

I have the Dark Power Pro 650W, quiet & does what I want it to.

Gives great peace of mind knowing that's powering my system

4. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

I've never had a problem with the sleeving. Out of all the ugly colouration hardware manufactures use on their products this has to be one of the less offensive cases.

5. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

620w psu with 4 6pin connectors? thats a first. Nice psu.

6. The boy 4rm oz

You seriously think that yellow/white and black striped sleeving is attractive? Reminds me of that old school cloth sleeving they used to use on cords, yuck.

7. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I like the word eco in the title, too bad it's not eco friendly to my wallet!! enermax stuff are sooooooo overpriced, and I thought corsair were overpriced :mad:

For that price I'd get the corsair TX750 which is single rail + gives 720w on the 12v rail =\

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But it's not modular, and if you need 720W, why buy a 620W?

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I think modular is very over rated, what's wrong with shoving the extra cables in the HDD cages or DVD bays. I've nothing against modular, I'm a HX450 user and before you ask why I got it when I say it's over rated it's because it was £1 more expensive than the VX on scan :p

I'd buy the corsair because I'd get a bigger power rating for the same price which would give me greater upgrade-ability and more piece of mind, I know it would take a 4-way crossfire or 4-way SLI setup to utilize that much power but at least I'd have it :)

EDIT: I know more cables restrict airflow but let's be honest, people that buy 620w power supplies aren't going to have a bog standard case with bad airflow, If you've got a big side fan to provide cold air to your hottest components then restricting the air of your front fans isn't going to make much difference.

Oh yeah I'm saying this on the basis of the PSU getting cold air from outside the case (HAF932 owner here) so I don't think about the front fans cooling my PSU ^_^

10. The boy 4rm oz

I like modular cos I hate bundeling cables and stuffing them into places, messy and visually unappealing, however I am one to believe cables can be made to be art under the right circumstances.

11. trig

trig god's little mistake

good lord they really half-assed it on those sleeves. pitty. but the 4 6+2 pci-e connectors give it some viability. know of any other quality modular psu in that price range with that many? anyone know who makes seventeam?

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sleeving = fail
    Performance = not too amazing
    Price = £10 less and it would be way more tempting

Tags: Add Tags