1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL New housemates, intresting behaviour!

Discussion in 'General' started by julianmartin, 5 Aug 2008.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

from what I've been able to read about the Sarah saga is that its been taken down due to various people who thought that they know who the "Sarah" was consistently posting links to the "Sarah s" blogs/websites/live journals to such an extent the person whose live journal that they were posting complained which is fair enough as she wasn't the Sarah from he saga and as such its been removed and dis-continued.

2. studentgaza

studentgaza What's a Dremel?

i wudnt put up with it, id put everythin bak and tell her keep her hands off

3. Prestidigitweeze

Prestidigitweeze "Oblivion ha-ha" to you, too.

Yes, I read that bit. Users' actions seem reducible to ban-worthy harassment, but it's a shame the journal itself was removed as a consequence. Rather like refusing to exhibit the Mona Lisa because someone keeps taping various domestic photos next to it of a nun who can't stop smirking.

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Thought i'd give a bit of an update for the hell of it.

There's been no real serious conflict since the whole beginning. Louise is very quick to accuse people of things though, and very very very nosey. Always asking why something has moved etc

Whenever she finds the smallest bit of grime she always needs a scapegoat too...odd behaviour but danny and I mostly ignore it or just make a joke out of it to make her feel stupid, it's mostly worked so far.

Most intresting thing though is that the other girl rebecca, complete slob. Doesn't clean a bloody thing...so it's very certain that the whole start of the situation was nothing to do with her.

Oh well....I'm sure there will be more to come because it's always quite awkward in the house....!

5. julianmartin

christ did i speak too soon.

louise's laptop appears to have issues connecting to our wireless (our wireless is fine, rock solid for everyone but her so it's clearly something wrong with her setup, i care too little to do anything about it)

her boyfriend just took it upon himself to start flicking the power on and off on the router in our house in a very uninformed effort to fix the problem (which i own incidentally), and has clearly messed something up in it and it now bungs up randomly, and disconnects everyone from the network.

after his genius plan didn't work he took it upon himself to have a go at danny for a crap router, when it was initially a very good one, as if it was dannys fault that her crappy laptop can't sustain a wireless connection!

rubbish!

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Keep the router behind a locked door.

7. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Definitely with the amount of dirt that passes through that. NEVER ever let a tech illiterate flatmate near the router or get rid of the restore factory defaults button

8. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I just dont understand why you havnt thrown the book at them? maybe say "stop touching my router, thats my property you frigging dumb *******"

something along those lines? If they want to use the connection, say get your own router to split it!

9. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

arrange for her wake up with her panties on backwards then compare experiences over breakfast

10. julianmartin

It's out of my choice that my router is being used. Our landlady provided a linksys job to use on the DSL that she pays for, which was just kinda poop, and I had a suitable router that was faster and had proven to be more stable...that's the only reason. It's on the landing wall because that's where the cable comes in, and we have Cat 5 run around the house under the carpets and they all come up there. (She's the only one without cat5 access).

I got fed up of the complaining and went and fixed her laptop, just to prove it was nothing to do with the router. Corrupted TCP/IP stack. Try explaining that to someone like her....

Hah, I forgot to say, the light in the kitchen went, it's a big flourescent tube. But danny and I replaced the bulb last year, so he and I figured it was the starter (which it was). So when danny and I were out, the girls decided to take the bulb out (we hadn't told them it was the starter yet) and left it on the stairs. In the dark. I can't work out the point of removing something so big and fragile? Is that unreasonable logic on my part?!

Grr..

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

They sound like cretins. Treat them as such.

12. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

make there lives miserable, they will leave soon enough

13. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I bet they'd have a brain fart if you told them lights had starters.

14. julianmartin

Haha, I did try to explain but the more I spoke the more L's eyes started to point towards each other....in the end I gave up mid sentence and had to comment on something more idiot-friendly. And that topic was...chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Then she got all excited and I think one of my ears started to bleed...

15. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I know of a way to fix this!
    Make them a necklace which is actually a shock collar that locks once it is on a neck (key to remove it of course) every time they do something bad, give them a 2000V zap (or volt mod it to increase the power)

16. fev

fev Industry Fallout

can i visit?

please let me visit, pleeease!
    just a day

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

dude be proactive, combat stupidity with stolen food.

nothing tastes sweeter than stolen food. ohh my housemates got fixins for a sandwich!

18. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

only if its video recorded for posterity, i mean stupidity, no, lol'ery.

Joe

19. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

20. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Reading this page makes my brain physically hurt. It’s a new level of stupidity and annoyance.

Not overtop in the slightest, but I suggest a night time assassination. After you've extracted their banking details so they can keep paying the rent of course.