1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : Infinity CM Stacker (Reservoir 100% complete)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DoOb's, 14 Sep 2007.

1. TEAMIKKE

TEAMIKKE What's a Dremel?

Why didn't you build the frame also by yourself? I think it would be cheaper than buying a Stacker and you would have more building freedom ;)

Looks very good though!

2. DoOb's

DoOb's Overclocker/Modder

Coz i got Stacker i a unbelievable price, 2nd hand...

Here is an Update:

Howsit PPL

Well I know it has been a looong time since my last update, ive got a small one here for you today.

I made my covers for the inside, thus covering my cabling. The RES will be situated right up against the corner. The pic below will show you what i mean.

:D Here are pics as follows.

:D The Cover ( Needs to be sanded filed etc.)

[​IMG]

:D Put inside the case:

[​IMG]

:D Then Some different Agnles:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D Then as you can see the GFX card hole is perfect card sits perfectly on the edge of the panel. Im either gonna have the bracket mounted out side, or inside the case to fasten the gfx card to the case.

[​IMG]

:D The next Cover.... Smaller one

[​IMG]

:D Angles:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D The res position:

[​IMG]

Cool, well thanks for the patience on my mod, its gonna take a while, but its gonna come alone well...

Cya guys, time to watch the Rugby :D

3. ice-tea

ice-tea Mr.PC-Max

looks very nice but why do you cover such nice hardware?

4. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Nice covers. BTW what color are those Tracer LEDs? Always wanted to buy a pair of 1 gigs

5. IanJackson

IanJackson Photographer & Modder

looks great keep it up!!

6. DoOb's

Yea you are right, but im covering some of it so you don't see any cables. Which you wont, only a bit of the GFX card power cable and thats about it.. Thanks ICE-TEA

Red, Orange and Yellow. Overclocking ram to the best... Thanks Supra55

Thanks ACE

7. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Love what you're doing there DoOb's very nice!

Will be watching!

:dremel: :thumb:

8. DoOb's

Thanks Cool_dude, much appreciated mate

Today i got a new piece of Aluminum... So i was able to bend and make a new hole for the psu 92mm fan. This time i made a vented hole... after about 4hrs or so of filing and shaping i got the result i want, I most probably will give it a clean up some more when i come to sanding the panels and getting them really shiny.

What i also got today was a 8x longish Allen cap screws for the radiator and fans. And then 10x about 10mm allen cap screws and nuts for the panels. Will need to buy more tho, coz i just bought a few to see if they were right.

Pics as follows:

Bent aluminum, this time i use a hammer and a chuck of flat side plank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didnt take a pic of where i had marked off the slits for the vented 92mm fan hole. But this time i got it right by mounting the PSU inside and then marking where the psu was from the top. throught the 80mm hole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After a bit of filing....

[​IMG]

And then after couple hours... here it is

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Obviously this isnt the end finish, As i said im shining these panels up.

Drilled the fours holes for the raised base panel.

[​IMG]

The back bezel panel bolted with the allen cap screws and power supply in place.... not a clear picture.

[​IMG]

Thats it for now.... see what i can do tomorrow.

DoOb's

9. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Nice work with the metal. One thing for me, I think it would look better if you just covered the entire motherboard and card array like you did with the drive bays and add some plexi to show off the parts you want (cooler, RAM, cards, NB, SB, etc) But thats just my opinion.

10. DoOb's

Yea you are right hey Supra, but ive got a plan on keeping whats needs to be cooled etc. you see that main cover is gonna be little higher than it is there. and then im gonna have a fan underneath that cover which will give airflow from the back side panel into the case. But i know what you mean. That ram does get kinda hott, but im gonna make a plan.:)

11. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

hehe yeah RAM has always run hot for me specially in my HP maybe a 40mm fan blowing from above the ram ( from the PSU cover)

12. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Awesome work D00b! I take my hat off to you for that "fan grill" you made in the psu cover - it looks great :)

This is gonna be one of the cleanest Stackers out there!

13. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

looking very good ............ nice mainboard and psu covers :thumb: ,they look great
    and it has given me some ideas for the "old Chieftec" mod I'm planing.......

Alan

14. DoOb's

Thanks Dean and Alan

:D Well today i got the holes drilled for the Motherboard tray to get attached to the Drive bay. Check this out....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D You wont see the back Allen cap screws, those will have the cover in front of them...

:D Ok now for the crap part which i realized after i put these pieces on and that WAS, how am i gonna bolt this one side down now that its got a cover over it to hide the holey drive bay. My solution as follows....

:D By cutting rectanglar holes this will allow me to get the nut in from the other side and fasten it down, few pics of the holes and Rob's Dremel in action.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D But now i was like, dam how the BEEP am i gonna get these nuts in there if i have the front Bezel on aswell, New plan, Cut a nice big hole on the other side... Hehehe, i know im destroying my Stacker, but its the only way...

:D Marked out...

[​IMG]

:D Cut out, hehe

[​IMG]

:D Well thats it for now, i might do some more later today, that will be getting the front bezel mounted to the front, got an idea of how im gonna do that...

:D :D Stayed Tuned :D :D

15. b4i7

b4i7 modding dreams into reality

looks great! cept one thing i noticed.... on those fan mounts at the back...one side has the 90 cut leading to the holes and the other side has 45s

16. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

[Looking good DoObs, its one original mod for sure ! :thumb:/I]

17. DoOb's

Yea i actually think the guy that had this radiator before me cleaned it and turned the one the wrong way around. No worries tho, you wont see it.

Thanks Colossous, I think im the third person that ive seen mod a Stacker... there are other guys on the coolermaster forum, so there are a few, but i dont think many mods that are like mine and skunkymonkey's

18. DoOb's

HEy Guys got a small update,

So ive now decided to use the crossblower, seeing as airflow is gonna be a problem, the Crossblower will cool my rammies.

So here are two pics of the hole/crossblower placed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, I've spent about 2hours wondering how to do mount my HDD's in the front, so that they are cooled sufficiently. Here is my solution.

Ok so take 2 donor CDrom drives, ripped them apart basically. Then as you can see ive marked them below.

[​IMG]

You guys are wondering what pieces of these drives im using well, the pics will tell you as i go.

Rob's Dremel in action, I just love those sparks.... mental.

[​IMG]

Ok so after some time of cutting i come with this result.

[​IMG]

Here are the four brackets after some filing and finishing off.

[​IMG]

Now, as you can see ive mounted them as if they are normal Cdrom drives in the bay.

[​IMG]

As you can see above ive got a plate on the top, well i didnt take pic of the brackets on their own, sorry about that.

If you see here, ive cut the plate for the drives to be mounted to the brackets.

[​IMG]

The after marking all the holes for nuts and bolts to secure the plates to the brackets. Here is the finished product pieces.

[​IMG]

What is will look like once mounted. The bottom plate will be on the other side of the brackets.

[​IMG]

With the front Bezel on and as you can see ive marked on how these drives will sit and be mounted. By using Studs, which will be screwed underneath the drive, which im sure you guys have seen those srew points under the drive.

Ok here the last picture for today.

[​IMG]

See what tomorrow brings see ya

DoOb's

19. DoOb's

Well i did the Radiator holes today, im getting a whole lot of allen cap screws and nuts tomorrow. Tomorrow im gonna be working on the front bezel and HDD mountings.

I thought i would just put my stuff in my case for the day, check at all that space. Ok i dont have the covers on but just thought i would take a 2 pics.

You can see the inlet and outlet holes for the radiator. Check the back I/O bezel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DoOb's

so time for another small update.

Not much but yea here we go.

So today i went back to E.I.S here in durban not far from my house. And i went to buy a whole lot more allen cap screws and a few of different lengths aswell for certain pieces of the case, i also bought a male to 10mm push in elbow.

Here are all the bolts and nuts:

[​IMG]

The pump 3/8 to 10mm push in elbow.

[​IMG]

Ok so today i cleaned up the DVDrom hole making it bigger and neat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next was to make the cover tray for the DVD-RW, here its measured up

[​IMG]

And then after cutting another 2mm off it and some 1mm filing i got this result.

[​IMG]

The HDD's mounting is in. Just need to make a bottom plate so the HDD's are straight 90 degree and not like they are now bending outward.

[​IMG]

Sorry about this one, thought is came out clear. But you can see what i mean but it looking bent out.

[​IMG]

And thats it for today. Tomorrow i will finish up the HDD bottom bracket. Then im gonna do the DVD tray piece, get that all lined up and get that front bezel mounted aswell.

Cya

DoOb's

Tags: