1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Seriouly Extreme Finger Modding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Der Me!$ter, 11 Apr 2004.

1. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

A friend of mine once struck his own thumb with a hammer at work. The strange thing though, is that he almost imediately fainted and knocked his head in the concrete floor! Why do people faint because of finger injuries?
    I just don`t get it

2. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

That would hurt...

3. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Hmmmm, those things can be evil. The knifes can be pretty dangerous too.. :D

4. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

Lol, tell me about it :hehe:

5. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Ouch.

Just be glad you didn't do that with a Leatherman. I've accidentally slipped the blade on my Leatherman before and it went clean through my finger nail (top part above quick) with almost no resistance, fortunately it missed my finger or I would have a similar post :)

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nicely done that man!! You have to do these things properly don't you?

I cut my finger quite badly a few years ago with the corner of a blade from a disposable razor (the things we get up to when we are young eh?) It was right on the top of thr knuckle of my right forefinger and fingers bleed sooooooo much, my dad strapped it all up and now I have a very funky little L-shaoed scar along the knuckle, still a fair bit of scar tissue on it and an occasional amount of pain when bent, but 'tis all good, I still have spare fingers.

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I remember when my hand got shot about 8 times when I was paintballing, it was bright green then it when red :(

8. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

LOL!! :hehe:

You are talking about the knife are'nt you :p

Cheers,
    Mike

9. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

I don't think so... Anyway, I second his oppinion :)

10. mieleton

mieleton What's a Dremel?

Hmmn... This doesn't really relate to finger modding, but oh well...

Last August I learned that sharp objects can do "a bit" damage...

I was in my room when the phone rang. The phone was downstairs so I started running from my room towards the stairs. Now there's this metal thing between the floors of two rooms. It's heldn i place with screws... So, one of the screws (they have a really sharp edge on the "head"...) was sticking up a bit...

And, as you can guess, while running (with bare feet), I hit the base of my foot in the screw. I didn't actually even notice it. So I went and ran to downstairs, wonderin why the stairs and floor felt kinda sticky under my foot. Then I looked on the floor and saw the nice red drops. :jawdrop:

I quick look on the foot... The head of the screw had made a 1x5cm sized cut on the skin, and it was kinda deep in the other end. Ouch. Literally the blood was pouring out and the cut piece of the skin was hanging pretty loose. Good thing is that I don't easily get shocked by blood, so I just took an ice cube bag out of the freezes and used it to stop the bleeding... Then I just had to put the cut piece of skin back and cover the whole area with a patch.

Later on the foot got really sore on the cut area and I couldn't walk really well... It took couple of weeks to heal so that I could go jogging again.

So, what I learned? I must not run inside the house...
    And what I did afterwards? Personally fastened all the screws in similar places in our house, just to be sure. :D

11. 0013

0013 What's a Dremel?

you could also try to ignore something when it feels sticky under your feet, you'll check it when it realy hurts anyway so why waste your time :D

12. mieleton

mieleton What's a Dremel?

That's true too. ;)

13. Alano

Alano What's a Dremel?

Ouch!!!!!! :waah:

14. BMCreider

BMCreider What's a Dremel?

I cut myself with my old swiss army knife while working on some camcorder back when I was like 14...It sliced into my right fore finger when it tried to close itself, it closed going down my finger though not across, so beside the nail there is a scar all the way down....no stitches or anything I just put a bandaid on it lol.

15. Ready2GoXtr

Ready2GoXtr What's a Dremel?

that happen to me too ;o accept it the only thing stoping it from it cuting all the way through my finger was my nail :(

16. Mienai

Mienai What's a Dremel?

Ah the memories, where should I start.

1. When I was real young I was watching my dad chop wood, so I took a claw hammer and was using the claw to chop slivers. Passes the claw through my thumb and still have a visible scar (at least 20 years ago)

2. A bit older but not much brighter me decided I wanted to free a speaker magnet from it's casing. After much frustration, I switched tools (to a flat head screwdriver) and proceded to jab at the speaker magnet while holding it. The tip hit my forefinger-nail slid to the side and proceded it's way through my finger-print on the other side.

3. Not too much later I decided it would be a good idea to stab a piece of wood repeatedly with a disecting needle. I looked away for a moment and didn't notice that the needle came out of the handle so when I went to pound it in again, the blunt end went in the side of my hand and was stopped by the middle finger bone in my palm.

4. Walking down the street, tripped on a 2x4 and landed my hand on a nail (passed through).

Not quite a finger mod but one Christmas I recieved a gift that was in that plastic container that they heat-press the outter edge. Knowing that they're dificult to open, I pulled out my leatherman and proceded to cut through the edge. It was just thin plastic and paper when I got through the edge which was no match for the force I was applying and promptly stabbed myself in the thigh, requiring 28 stitches.

I have more but those are the most memorable. At least now I'm smart enough to chisel with kevlar gloves.

17. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

ouch..

funny i almost had a similar experience some 15 mins ago,hehe, but not on my pc, rather in the kitchen.. :grr:

18. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

managed to stand on a self tapping wood screw that was standing on its head on the garage floor not to long ago, wondered what the feeling in my foot was, had to pull my sock out of the hole created. not as painful as finger modding but it still hurt in a big way.

19. Geektechnica

Geektechnica Minimodder

I've always been pretty lucky when it comes to bladed objects. No serious wounds from them. Hot objects on the other hand.... I fear for my life whenever I pick up a hot glue gun, or soldering iron. Back in the day when I used to solder a lot, my middle and index fingers on both hands were polka-dotted with little burns all over.

Got a pretty serious scrape a few months a go that made a pretty nice scar. After I cut a window out of my steel enermax case I put the part I cut out in my closet in case I needed the metal for anything. Forgetting this, I was reaching through the closet for something, and ran my arm along the corner of it. Didn't hurt, but wouldn't stop bleeding. Still hasn't healed fully, and that was at least 4 months ago.

20. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

Good spelling for such a knackered finger! :rock: