1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

But does the Crucible come with a pair of oil-stained torn overalls for your mechanic character?

[​IMG]

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

It's more the ERS's that interest me - I've been hoping against hope for a modular space frame for a while now. It's amazing that something so fundamental has been tacked on as an afterthought to another ship. Flying geodesic space frame here I come, or better yet, a stellated icosahedra! -well, one can hope

I know, it all depends on what "connectors" are available, but a boy can dream can't he?

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

So, a flat-pack spacedock with a cockpit & engine by the sound of it.
    I'm interested.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Hi all,

I have an RSI Aurora LN, with LTI, 1,000 UEC, Alpha & Beta Access and a SelfLand Hangar etc.

I have been playing the recent updates, like the controls, joystick control is quite good actually. I also heard that they have added the lateral thrust like in Elite, but cooly enough, it only effects ships that actually have the correct thrusters!

But the ship itself, the only owned ship in my hanger, handles like a bus!
    I heard you can melt (exchange?) ships and pay an upgrade cost? Any tips on the how and what available? I know very little about it all, as I was gifted the original package.

5. asura

asura jack of all trades

So, there're two options open to you for different ships; a cross chassis upgrade which would allow you to update your LN to a 300I or a Hornet F7C. From there you can upgrade to different variants 300I into a 300A or 300P and a Hornet F7C into a Tracker F7C-R or Ghost F7C-S.

Or, as you say you could melt your package for store credits and put those towards a different package.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Ahh ok, I have just been informed if I 'melt' my package, it will remove the LTI and early access.

Do these cross chassis upgrades retain basic pack attributes do you know? I was not even aware of this cross chassis upgrade. don't wanna loose my LTI :D

edit: cheers for the info and quick reply btw.

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

As far as I am aware yes, CCU's maintain LTI and all other package attributes, upgrading only the chassis melting defiantly looses everything in the package.

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Cool. I just upgraded to the Jumpworks 300i package and saw a description that basically confirmed your post, a cheap upgrade at £13 and the ship *looks* cool. #

Thanks.

9. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

As others have said, go for the cross chassis upgrade to keep your LTI and package contents. Always the best option if it is available.

Yes, the Aurora handles like a bus. That's because it's primarily a trading ship with a few weapons bolted on, rather than a dedicated fighter. The 300i series handles much better in that sense, and definitely not like a bus.

10. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

The 300i will be a good all round ship. You should be able to upgrade its functionality quite a lot in the PU too.

11. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The 300i trainer is my favourite, just seems a nice ship, although i was only doing the vanduul swarm, i'd imagine you'd want the Hornet for mp combat ideally.

It seems like the best option for starting the game too, its cheap, visually its nice, interior and exterior, and seems like a jack of all trades for small ships.
    It might have been worth waiting for the Mustang release though, as it seems like they might be nice. The 300i is a good choice though.

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Really pleased I upgraded to the 300i, played some free flight, racing and a bit of vandal swarm in co-op. Made a few control changes but not entirely comfortable yet. The ship it just nice to fly and fast!

Star Citizen is finally coming along, I am actually getting a little excited at the potential in SC, now that we are staring to see some progress.

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It suddenly occurs to me that we might like to name our first Idris "The Elba", because

[​IMG]

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

AtV:-

325a flyable in AC as of tomorrow's patch

Last edited: 16 Oct 2014
  15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Flyable for everyone?

16. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I think the trainers for everyone was a week long thing. So its likely to be patched out with this patch.

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

U..u... my ship my ship!:clap:

18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I had my first proper play of AC since it first came out tonight. Its way better than it was, but my x52 had this issue where it would suddenly get set into full reverse :S

Also I realised I really need to do the magnet mod for this, can someone link me to a good reference for doing this please? :)

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

20. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Yeah, maybe with the possibility that some might get one if their non-flyable ships are in a similar price bracket.

Just looked for RtV notes, nothing in there to clarify either.