1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the rarest thing in video games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 17 Jul 2008.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Today games really don't come with quality collectors items. I've been collecting Resident Evil items since the first one and over time they've went from quality to crap. Depending on what game your looking for, you best bet would be to find japanese sellers. Their collectables are still quality, but are hard to find. I have two MGS PVC 12" figures from the Snake Eater days that last I looked, sold for $300 each on EBAY. I bought them both from Japan the day they released for $50 each.

Edit:
    Oh...if anyone know where I can find lifesize RE characters please send me a message. Cardboard cutouts or statues are what i'm looking to get.

2. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

Someone who actually paid for assains creed. Probably never happend though :/

3. p3ri0d

p3ri0d What's a Dremel?

I second that :(

But, is it even worth the pirating?

4. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yep, well Deus Ex is the best game ever. There's not a day goes by that I don't try to tell everyone I see how awesome it is, though most people don't listen :sigh :hehe:

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I pirated it and enjoyed it for at least two days. Haven't played it since, so....not unless you normally spend £35 a day on luke-warm pleasure sources.

(And if you do so, keep the details to yourself! :))

6. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

On the Books Vs Game debate (sorry). Story driven Computer games have the potential to be far more than other mediums of entertainment.
    Books/film etc work because the author/director leads the reader/viewer along a journey that is pre planned i.e controlled. Linear gameplay should be avoided when story telling in PC games because surely we want the hero (i.e YOU) to form the story whilst living out their exsistence in the game world.
    This is the pinnacle of PC story driven gaming I feel whereby you have infinite replayability everytime you start a fresh character. Every decision you make has implications with far reaching consequences. Choose not to help a village from being attacked by a ruthless gang and see the villagers either uproot and leave or see a mass graveyard later in the game when you revisit.
    We have seen glimpses of this in games like Deus Ex etc
    Unfortunately the kind of open environment with the level of design I'm thinking of will probably never happen as it would be very resource intensive both in time and money. The unique beauty of PC gaming is that its an interactive form of entertainment. Sadly this uniqueness is never exploited to it's full potential.

7. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

thirded, i actually laughed out loud here at my desk at work reading the original post and the response

8. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

rarest thing ? an xbox lasting more than a year!

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Technically the chance of encoutering a perfect pokemon (i.e. maxxed IVs) is 1/1,073,741,824 or even 1/26,843,545,600 if you want the right nature.

Of course with so many hacked ones I'd say perfect pokemon might be 1/100 however I have seen legitly obtained ones which is still a 1/59,916 chance of happening (although closer to 1/100,000 assuming the "parents" are legit themselves) through breeding, halve that if you take the nature into account.

Anyway, enough pokemon nerdery; the D-day on first try sounds more unlikely. :D

I must be very lucky, I have two. :p