1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Congresswoman critical after nutter gun man lets rip at political event

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 8 Jan 2011.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Anyone want to bet on how many political commentators will say she deserved to die for her political positions? At least one TV political personality will also say the shooter is "a hero".

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Jan 2011
  2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Theres no evidence that she was actually assassinated. Being as the shooter took out a few other random people too, I'm not sure it was actually a targeted assassination.

3. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

[​IMG]

She was on Sarah Palin's little "hit list" thing, too. I guess we'll find out.

On a side note, I lose a little faith in humanity every time I see this violent (if it's not violent, what else is it?) propaganda coming out of the Republican/"Tea Party" machine. It's despicable.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

BBC is saying she hasn't died, but is in surgery.

5. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

AP is saying she is critical but details are fuzzy.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

How the BBC is reporting it as of a few moments ago..

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Jan 2011
  7. Cthippo

The far right wingers are saying that this must have been done by a liberal angry because she is "too conservative".

Most recent update is that a federal judge was also killed in the attack.

8. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Cthippo, you seem to be peddling some extreme partisan crap. Maybe you should stick to HuffPo?

9. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

:rolleyes:

Details are fuzzy all over. BBC said she was dead in the morning, now everyone is saying she's critical. Some folks are definitely dead, though.

10. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Shocking stuff. Hope she makes a full recovery, and my thoughts go out to those who died. Tragic stuff.

11. Cthippo

Latest I've seen (from AP) is 5 dead including the judge and a 9 year old child.

As for my political bias, shall I quote to you from the comments on the Yahoo news articles?

I don't know the motive behind it. I suspect that it was most likely committed by an extremist on the political right, but that is only my suspicion and I'm open to being proven wrong by events.

12. Pieface

Pieface Modder

American politics is out of control at the moment. Obama is doing a shite job, and the only replacement really is Sarah Palin. It's a lose-lose situation.

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Please don't say this. My life is crappy enough already.

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

QFT :sigh:

15. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

The fact that Sarah Palin could become President is damn scary. I bet Binny Laden has sent a fat cheque to the Tea Party movement, Palin and her tards will do a better job than he ever could.

16. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Seems a bit messy for an assassination TBH.
    I heard on the radio on the way home that she was shot through the head and critical.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I guess it's open season on moderate politicians.

Still, I think it is premature to call Sarah Palin for President. There will be other competitors, even on the Republican side, who won't break a sweat in demonstrating what an incompetent she really is. When it cones to the hard questions that worry most ordinary Americans she has no answers.

18. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Left, Right, Lunatic? Im going with lunatic. Do you know who didn't care about politics? That 9 year old. Probably just at the grocery store shopping with their parents.

Edit: Does it scare anybody else that the people running things are sounding more like fanboys and trolls everyday?

Last edited: 9 Jan 2011
  19. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Don't worry. She will work closely with USA's North Korean allies against South Korea.

20. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

BREAKING NEWS: Shooter provisionally identified as Jared Lee Loughner, 22, from Tucson. Private-only MySpace here, where alleged shooter lists Mein Kampf amongst his favourite books (he's not necessarily a Nazi but he is definitely a liar - Mein Kampf is so boring it's almost unreal), and weird and foreboding YouTube videos here. He's in custody, reportedly having attempted to flee after running out of ammunition.

More positively, the Democratic Representative for Arizona, Gabrielle Giffords, is reportedly out of surgery with doctors optimistic, despite having a bullet travel right through her brain - however, federal Judge John Roll , a nine-year-old child, and at least one aide are amongst a reported six fatalities. President Obama ordered FBI Director Robert Mueller to the scene, not much looking good here.