1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waking up in the copywright world(?)

Discussion in 'General' started by Isuo, 4 Jul 2006.

1. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

A short story:

Today, minding my own businesses, I felt bored and started to play with google.
    Eventually I googled for my nick "isuo" and found, quite surprisingly many results.
    Anyhow, I started clicking the links, and I found myself on a blog, updated by a slovakian guy, whose(sp?) nick is also 'isuo'.
    I was first like "lol, funny, someone has the same nick", but then I looked at the guys avatar...
    And guess what people, it was the same one as I have in bit-tech.
    All would have been ok as long as the avatar wasn't been made by me!

So basically, I'd like to find a couple of slovak(ian?) people, to translate a letter from english to slovak(?),
    to be able send him an email asking him to either take the picture off the internet, or give me credit for it(the mental one, not money!).
    And then there is also the question of legal rights, so basically do I still have the 'rights' for the picture I really haven't watermarked it or anything and such.

But, if any slovak(ian?) people read this or if any of you can write in slovak, could you please PM me or send me an email to suortti (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Thank you all.

PS;
    What have I learned?
    Well, when you think about copying other peoples pictures from the internet you really don't feel quilty or anything.
    But when your pictures are copied you get the strange feeling, which really can't be explained. It's something like anger and proudness.
    You are angry for the guy for copying but still at the same time you feel proud that he has appreciated your work enough to copy it.
    So next time, when I start copying pictures, I'll send an email for the author asking if I could use his pictures.

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm pretty sure that under most western world laws anything you create is automatically copyrighted. You might need to prove copyright if he contests it. But basicly it's yours to demand he remove, and if you wanted to you could back that up through EU courts, assuming slovakia is within the EU, it would be relatively simple.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Yes, any image you create is copyrighted, unless you give up those rights (for example, if you made an image for a company in some cases).

4. fathom17

fathom17 What's a Dremel?

is that you on ebay too? 88fb

5. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the quick replys(sp?)!
    But I'm still missing the people who can speak slovakian.
    Why to write in slovakian? -You might now ask.
    The psychological effect is much more intense, than if I wrote in english.
    I think if you are British you really can't understand the effect the same way, because everyone speaks English, but there are only 5.5 million people living in Slovakia.

fathom: No it's not me on ebay. I'm only on a couple of pages( bit-tech, hackaday, metku.net, peliplaneetta.net). And NO, if you look at the pictures, I'm not the guy that shows up first. Eventhough I have to admit, that he kinda looks a bit like me.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

http://isuo.blogspot.com/

this guy? do you want me to wack him, make him cement shoes and drown him in his misery?

i dont know slovakian, ask in the metku.net forum, they have people that speak a language that seams slovakian.

7. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Yeah, it's that guy.
    No you don't have to do anything to him yet, but thanks anyways

And about metku.net, I never really liked it, maybe that's why I haven't visited it for a long time. But I guess I could post the story there, since there actually are some slovakian people.

I'll keep you updated if anything happens.