1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U 3rd party Wii component cables?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 10 Dec 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Are "Joytek" ones worth the £7 saving over official Nintendo ones or are they like the 360 3rd party (VGA) cables and are basically not worth the plastic they're made of?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I got them, and they suck pretty badly.. the connection inside were not well done, so when you moved the cabled it created static on the screen, like a broken RCA cable. I returned them for new cable and I got the result. I tried my DVD player on the same plugs to see if my TV-plugs are fine, and they are. I return back to the store, return them and got the Nintendo official cable and they work fantastically.

3. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I got a set free with my Wii and they're some generic ones but I didn't suffer any problems with quality, so either GoodBytes had a bad encounter with a batch of Joytek or I'm just really lucky! I can't for the life of me remember the brand of cable, or even if it was branded.

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I had a Joytek composite cable with s-video. I threw it away a couple of days after buying it. Utter rubbish.

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

got some from GAME at the time there was the huge shortage near launch, and they were fine.

6. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Ive got some Nyko compenet cables that have worked fine for me. I've heard alot of people saying to only use the nintendo cables, but mine work fine.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I had a set of off-brand cables before I sold my Wii and they seemed fine. But TBH, they don't make much of a difference. Remember, it's still only 480p at best, and I think a lot of the games on the Wii aren't high-motion enough to really see bad interlacing effects (especially when you factor in the low res).

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I got the official ones from a chappy of ebay for £10 and they are fine.

9. toric334

toric334 What's a Dremel?

Same, made a hella difference on my 2407.

Tags: