1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

[​IMG]

In other news. I bought 'Remember Me' and 'Saints Row IV' on the Steam Sale.
    Let's just say I didn't get much sleep tonight. :thumb:

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

[​IMG]

• Burr Brown OPA2132 (OpAmp)
    • Burr Brown BUF634 (Buffer)
    • Texas Instrument TLE2426 (Rail splitter)

[​IMG]

• 20 Female-Female Dupont cables
    • 20 Male-Female Dupont cables
    • 20 Male-MaleDupont cables

3. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

This morning I went out and bought a Greggs Bacon Roll for Breakfast (yummy), a Bottle of Greggs Water and this bag of goodies:

[​IMG]

It's the GB-BXi3H-4010 model and has an Intel Corei3-4010U, WiFi & Bluetooth. I've added A 64gb Sandisk SSD and 8GB of Corsair DDR3L RAM. If it needs more storage I've got a USB3 2TB WD MyPassport drive I can use but can't see this being necessary.

I am using it initially to test Windows 10 but will convert it to a Ubuntu box in due course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installing Windows 10 from my external DVD drive which is bigger than my new computer! Also, still have some water left but the bacon roll is long gone... :)

[​IMG]

4. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I've got that external DvD drive too :p

I picked myself up a new laptop so I can actually do assignments that are computer intensive without going home.
    [​IMG]

Top spec Lenovo Y50 with the 4K screen for £830. Pretty nice deal.

also got the new Taylor Swift album :p

[​IMG]

5. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

[​IMG]
    P-handled hex sizes 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10.Torx sizes T10,15,20,25,30,40,45,50.
    3/8" Ratchet
    3/8" Hex sockets sizes 3,4,5,6,7,8,10.

The start of my bike tool collection:)

yours wecrookie:confused:

6. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

got some new hockey gear.

[​IMG]

needed a better pair of shin guards as the pair i had were a bit small overall.

[​IMG]

a spare chamois grip, got one not long ago for my stick and playing on a water astro most weeks its a godsend (if not a bit cold) so I picked up a spare just incase

[​IMG]

also got a spare ball to practice with, I do have one but it wasn't a approved game ball so wanted to pick one up.

next purchase will be a new stick nut not sure which yet as need to try a bunch out as £250 is not cheap

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

[​IMG]

I feel some modding to come

Also couple of bikey bits

[​IMG]

Some tart bolts for said stem

[​IMG]

And some overshoes fed up with cold wet feet

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jan 2015
  8. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I shared my love for these vehicles with KidMod, I wish he was still about to show him...

Today I put down the deposit for a '91 Mk1 Volkswagen Caddy. Modding time!
    [​IMG]

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Those early Caddys are awesome! Great buy! :thumb:

I'm gearing up for a pretty massive correction job on the tired paintwork of my van, so I picked up a few new items and replenished other polishing supplies.

Spare filter for my PA foam lance. These get clogged up with soap scale deposits from the snow foam I use and it's a PITA to have to wash it out so regularly. I bought a spare so I always have a clean one on hand:

[​IMG]

75mm backing plate for my Meguiars G220 V2 dual action polisher. There's a Rupes Mini Bigfoot 75mm random orbital polisher on my shopping list for later in the year, but this "conversion kit" for the G220 will do for now:

[​IMG]

2x Meguiars 85mm microfiber cutting pads:
    2x Meguiars 85mm microfiber finishing pads:

[​IMG]

A few rolls of fresh 3M masking tape:

[​IMG]

Meguiars DA microfiber correction compound:

[​IMG]

Couple of litres of IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) for wipe downs:

[​IMG]

3x bottles of the new formula Menzerna FG400 to replace my existing but diminishing last bottle of FG500. Apparently the correction technology in FG400 is even better than the already excellent FG500:

[​IMG]

And finally a few Microfiber Madness "Yellow Fellow" towels. 95% of my many MF towels are blue, so I wanted to start adding a few different colours to my collection so I can tell the difference between them!

[​IMG]

Naturally there will be a big write up in the detailing thread and probably on the Detailing World forums when I get it finished :)

Last edited: 6 Jan 2015
  10. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I wish you and your machine polisher lived closed so I could hook you in for some polishing action Uni, I can bring myself to clay but a machine polisher feels like a big commitment :lol:

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Dremel 4000.... Finally got the brand name over the generic rotary tool...

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The christmas season has been all about beer, beer, beer, food, alcohol, beer.

You did get the speedclick discs, right? Because those are what really makes the tool... Those and the sanding and carving bits.

Really after using the speedclicks you have to be dalai lama to have the nerve to even try the normal cutting discs.

13. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

yep - speedclicks all the way!

14. Unicorn

I wish I did as well, I would be delighted to help out and do some correction on member vehicles! Working on the same two or three all the time does get boring sometimes, which is why I'm looking forward to the van correction. Because it's new (to me that is) and having been "fleet washed" for three years, it is a very good candidate for full correction and detailing. I've already compounded all of the wash marring out of the bonnet using FG500 and a Meguiars MF cutting pad, and before even polishing with Super Finish 2300 or 4000, I can tell it's going to come out very well. Everything except the worst RIDS (Random Isolated Deep Scratches) should come out, leaving it with deep wet, brand new looking paint.

You're right, the decision to step over the boundary between doing everything by hand and investing in a machine polisher is a big one, and probably only one that a serious enthusiast will ever make, certainly to the extent that I have with a high performance DA and full compliment of pads, polishes and compounds. All in all, I have easily four figures in my detailing gear and products at this point, the G220 V2 DA and foam pads having been £250 of that. The further investment in microfiber pads, backing plates and specially formulated compounds has cost almost that again, and with a Rupes Bigfoot Mini on the cards (both for the brilliant performance due to wide throw and so I don't have to constantly switch backing plates on the G220) that figure is set to double! But as I've already mentioned, it's an investment. I can achieve the same results in my garage with what I have that a professional detailer could, but would charge me over £500 per session to do. The only thing I don't have at the moment but feel would be extremely useful is a pint depth gauge. That, however, is one step further down the road, and usually something that only professionals who do this every day and ridiculous enthusiasts/addicts with very expensive cars to look after will invest in. I'm not there yet!

Last edited: 6 Jan 2015
  15. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Yeah, as it stands the caddy has very far from 'deep paint' and needs a new front wing on one side haha....

Maybe one day I'll step up. For now all my pennies are going into some decent parts, Recaros anyone? :D

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just pulled the trigger on an upgrade to bring me up to date for the modest price of £261.
    Probably get another 8GB RAM later on in the year and maybe upgrade to broadwell at some point, funds allowing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8GB of
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Brought this to overclock my intel pentium G3258 hope to get a good overclock...

[​IMG]

18. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

New Laptop, should be arriving today.

Gigabyte P35X V3-CF2

[​IMG]

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5033#kf

Will be getting another 8gb ram and another SSD for it next month.

Product Specification:

- Outstanding Flexibility: Hot Swappable ODD/HDD Slot
    - Display: 15.6", 1920*1080 FHD
    - Processor Type: Intel Core i7 4710HQ
    - Processor Cores: 4 (8 Threads)
    - Processor Clock Speed: 2.50GHz (3.50GHz Turbo Mode)
    - Hard Drive Supplied: 1 x 1000GB
    - Hard Drive Size: 1000GB
    - Solid State Drive: 128GB SSD x 1
    - Hard Drive Speed: 7200RPM
    - Memory Supplied: 1 x 8GB
    - Memory Size: 8GB
    - Memory Type: DDR3L
    - Memory Speed: 1600
    - Memory Socket: 2 x SO-DIMM
    - Max. Memory Support: 16GB
    - Operating System: Windows 8.1
    - Graphics Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
    - Graphics Memory: 8GB GDDR 5
    - Chipset: Intel HM87 Express
    - Optical Drive: DVD Supermulti R/W
    - Microphone: Built-in
    - LAN: 10/100/1000Mbps
    - Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n/ac
    - Bluetooth: v4.0
    - USB 3.0 Port(s): 2
    - USB 2.0 Port(s): 2
    - HDMI Port(s): 1
    - Mini Display Port(s): 1
    - VGA Port(s): 1
    - Microphone Jack(s): 1
    - Headphone Jack(s): 1
    - LAN Port(s): 1
    - Card Reader: SD
    - Web Camera: HD type
    - Dimension: 385*270*21mm
    - Battery: Li-Polymer, 75.81Wh
    - Product Weight (g): ~2.26Kgs
    - Warranty: 2 Years

19. Unicorn

My van is very dull at the moment as well, and actually needs a wing or at least a wing repair too, a stone has been flung off the O/S wheel and hit the edge of the wheel arch, removing a small chunk. It's minor but annoying me nonetheless. I might attempt a repair myself with some glass fiber filler and spray it in myself.

As well as the RIDS there are millions of wash marring marks i.e. cobwebs, swirls or whatever you want to call them on every panel. The paint has no clarity, shine or reflectivity whatsoever at the moment. That will all change soon though :thumb:

Yes, Recaros, please! :D

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh, that is going to run everything very nicely! Screen resolution could perhaps be a little better (2560x1400) in my most humble opinion but you have the grunt to put on 4XAA and above, so happy days! Having said that, most people seem to have difficulty reading stuffwith the relatively high DPI on my laptop, so maybe 1080p is better after all.