1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

I m asking myself how is it possible I miss this thread since it started :duh: I just have to say that this is going to be a top class mod mate , I loàve all the black taint and the attention to details you put into this; can't wait to see it done :clap: :clap:

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Thumbs up from G-gnome and Piloux.... I must me doing something right. Thanks guys.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Looks nice for the window install setup... but what is that MASSIVE thing from toshiba behind the case? At first I would have thought a laptop... then I remembered they don't make laptops with 45" screens.

4. modsquad

That is my 56" widescreen TV

5. modsquad

I planned on bolting the window to the case tonight with these.

[​IMG]

But the battery pack for my cordless drill is dead. Recharging as we speak. So, no work tonight, but here's a few preview pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

until tomorrow.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Oooh, I like those bolts. Pretty close to what I used as standoffs in a ghetto case I made (lemme tell you, that was annoying to get the mobo on there, I wasn't smart enough to add a nut to hold it in place :duh: )

Nice TV :jawdrop:

7. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmm mod is coming along good mate, looks very sleek, very clean, just my type of modding, i also agree, those bolts are so nice and will add to your case emensely

8. modsquad

I looked through my "bolt box" and found larger hexhead bolts that will work better for the side window (more to scale). Only they are Metric so I will have to nut&bolt the window together (the nuts will be inside so no one will ever see them except me).
    [​IMG]

The drill is ready but I am not (never drink and drill) tonight for sure. I also got some good news from Dan at SNT Systems, US Customs is about to release some of my Aqua-Computer stuff. I am looking forward to seeing the gear in person.
    Window Part2 tonight.

9. modsquad

Laser Etched Window Installation Part2

Window installation part 2. I taped off and marked up the side panel to drill the six bolt holes to retain the laser etched window.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think it is going to look good. I still have a lot of work to do in order to finish the window.
    >drill the corresponding holes in the Laser etched panel as well as the drill/tap the holes to attach the red acrylic panel.
    >cut a red acrylic window and drill and counter-sink the mounting holes
    A few more pictures until part3.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. M0RPH3US

M0RPH3US What's a Dremel?

read this thread like 3 times allready .. just cant get enuff of it ;) :D

11. modsquad

Thank you. I should be getting some H20 cooling stuff in a day or two. I will be sure to post a few pictures. Perhaps get some work done tonight. We will see.

12. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Yeah, can't wait to see how your water cooling setup turns out... :D

13. Exigent

Exigent What's a Dremel?

Bit of a lurker here.... but Ive been following your work. Very nice.

IMO: I would consider something else for lining that window. Nothing really jumps to mind, however I think that molding is just too thick- especially if its not for retention.

Just my .02- hope its welcome.

Mod on, Im watchin.

14. modsquad

mj007: You and me both. I have been waiting 7 weeks for my Aqua-Computer gear. It was to be released from Customs Monday, but I have yet to here from Dan at SNtSystems so?? I do have my Innovatek Geforce6800 H20 block on the way from highspeedPC (but I don't have an video card to attach it to). I will have the block Thursday.

Exigent: I welcome your thoughts and idea's, keep them coming. Perhaps it looks thick in the pictures, but the trim is thin. It looks about right to me. Don't forget there will be another acrylic (red) window bolted up from the outside. So the trim will help me out if my cut is less than perfect. Here's picture of the trim to show it's scale.
    [​IMG]

I will drill/bolt up the etched window tonight and post some pictures. It should show the scale of the trim better than looking into a black hole.
    Until tonight.

15. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I know you've (correctly) pegged me as a "Danger Den guy"... did you check out their 6800 block? It is sheer hotness, and cools both the RAM and GPU with the same block.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. irsekz

irsekz What's a Dremel?

Great job looks amazing cant wait to see more :D that block looks awesome looks like a guy is holding the little coil at teh bottom

17. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Yes the block does look awsome... I wish I could afford the card that goes with the block... :hehe:

18. modsquad

I read a review of that DD nv68 somewhere. I'ts a kickass unit. But alas, it is "Big Bore" equipment and finding the correct NPT to BSTP adaptors in the US is all but impossible (believe me I tried) and I would not want all sorts of adapters/reducers hanging off the thing. The Innovatek bears a resemblance to the DangerDen, but it is not all copper (it is aluminum with a copper core). I will post some pictures of it tomorrow night. Going to start work on that window.... (part3).

19. Exigent

Exigent What's a Dremel?

That pic does make it look quite a bit smaller. I think the drop shadow from your flash makes it look bigger in the earlier pics.

20. modsquad

Window Installation Part3

OK. On to Window Installation Part3 (I promise only one more part to go). Taped the window in place and drilled the six pilot holes (with a plexi-point bit) using the side panel as my template, and then enlarged the holes to fit the bolts.

[​IMG]

Then bolted it back together. I decided not to center the image in the hole (it kind of looks like he is coming out of the case this way, it least I think so).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also ruff cut the Red acrylic window for part4. I still need to drill and counter-sink the six holes for the mounting bolts as well as drill/thread the Laser Etched window to accept the bolts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the last few pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]