1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Can't do anything strenuous, but parts for my RS have arrived and it's nearly at the point where I can start it. Goddamnit.

2. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it. I might just have to leave or, more likely, I'll be given the boot. The thing is, is that I don't hate my job but it's just that I don't think I'm very good at it. If I do leave, I might have to re-think my career options and do something I'm actually good at and enjoy. Easier said than done right?

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Rode to work, forgot my bike lock key. Dumped my bag rode home, left my house key :grr: Oh an its raining so I code browned all the bends.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry for laughing but this really cheered me up. made me think of a similar occurrence and you know that it can only go downhill from this.

5. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I had to Google code brown lol. I had a mini panic attack today for the first time in ages. I was on site investigating a strange noise coming from a PC. It was the directors computer so I was nervous about it from the start.

The machine was off when I got there, so I pulled out the power and removed the side panel so I could see where the noise was coming from. There was nothing obvious so i popped the power lead back back in and pressed the power button.

What followed next was a shower of sparks and a puff of smoke coming out of the PSU. Luckily the MD is off today but I now have to get a replacement machine all setup and installed ready for monday morning :sigh:

I should also add that it took out the mobo too :wallbash:

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Wow.

Sounds like it's time to throw in the towel and consider today a write off to me.

7. legoman

Well least i can brighten someones day haha.

Well I could be worse I came in 15 minutes late, an hour and a half later people are still coming in after an accident on the M1, I dont feel quite so bad now. Though it is hammering it down outside with rain at the moment.

8. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

That this was KidMods last post on this board.
    I'm a bit behind the times and had noticed I've not seen him around for a while.
    Rip buddy.

9. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Having to shell out £1k for car repairs. -_-

10. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Oil change on my car.....

Jacked up and on axle stands, undertray off - Oil ready, catch can ready, 13mm hex socket (correct tool for the job) to remove the sump plug, ready.

Sump plug - which i could not see ahead of time..........

Mangled all to hell, rounded, bent where vice grips have been applied and no hope of me removing it with the tools I have :wallbash:

Will either need some bolt grip sockets or a tapered removal kit (after drllling it) in order to remove it.

£30 job turns into a £60 job*

At least i'll get some more tools for my man cave

11. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Dremel clean up, hammer and a 12 mm star socket?
    Or drill and reverse threaded bolt

12. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Cat breeders being catty. Go figure.

Why cant they be normal? Why do they insist on making everything a personal vendetta? Why do I have to be the only voice of reason? And why cant my fellow committee members not put their foot in it every five minutes?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pela-6000-Oil-Pump-Extraction/dp/B002EJ2GUC
    Never worry about it again.

14. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've got one of those. It's ace.

15. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Been looking at those, but as i'll need the undertray off to get at the oil filter properly (Saab 9-3 uses the opel/fiat z19dth engine and the filter is at the back and quite far down so restricted access, it's also a plastic housing with the paper inside and delicate, so much better to go from underneath where access is better and you have more control over tools)

I'll try a stilson first - which i already have, then dremel, which i have, then extractors (as last resort).

Might invest in one in future though as makes things cleaner and much much less hassle - provided you can get good access to the filter or filter housing from the top of the engine bay

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I last changed my oil using the pela thingy wearing a suit, just to prove a point. It's a very clean way to do it haha

17. legoman

Dam undertray is the bane of my life (also have a 9-3) I think the oil filter on yours is just in front of the sump tin can screw on jobbie. The Stilson looks like a plan though I can see and get to my oil filter from the top so would save me a lor of hassle. How do you clean it out though?

18. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Boiler died at the beginning of last week, so no hot water (other than from a kettle or boiled on the gas hob) or heating since.
    Cost of new boiler? £3.5k :(

No new gadgets/tech/upgrades for me anytime soon :waah:

19. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

That sounds extortionate for a boilder alone......

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

After paying a 100% parts (~700GBP) deposit on the Wife's Fiat (front & rear brake disks and pads, alternator belt, minor gasket), the workshop (the only licensed fiat workshop in the country) can still not tell me if an when the parts are here 21 days later...