1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That is just plain daft, where on earth did you go to school?

2. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I should further clarify that the Caesium atom in question must be at rest (whatever that means. Something to do with quantum mechanics I assume) at a temperature of 0 degrees kelvin...

Just in case there was any confusion:eyebrow:

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well I'm certainly confused. Its impossible to get anything cooled to a state of 0 degree kelvin.

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Anxiety and insomnia returning with a vengance. i spent almost the entirity of last week getting only an hour or so sleep a night because of it, then managed to OD on my medication and sleep 20 hours, now the anxiety is back and i havent left my house in days and im still surviving on only a couple of hours sleep a night if im lucky.

5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I have a cold. Blasted nature.

6. techhead

techhead Minimodder

I have been battling depression and anxiety the past year and only now have I started to get help I need in the form of counselling and medication from my GP.

If anyone else is battling a mental health issue please go and see GP

7. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Mobile device management

I f**king hate dealing with iPhones and iPads

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Been there with mental health, still suffer now. Agreed, people need to see a GP, even if it's for things some people don't consider serious like Anxiety.

It's hard getting people you know to actually go and see a GP though.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It might be easier to BECOME a GP and have them come see you! :idea:

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

We used to have a service up here in Scotland we could call. It was called NHS24. What I did not realise was that the 24 referred to the hours it would take for anyone one would get back to you. Though that might be a slight exaggeration it was still 12 hours after I called the doctor on a Sunday afternoon when my PEG fell out before anyone called me back. And then it was just to advise me to make my way to A&E, sod that I was tucked up in my bed so I left till the following day and went and had it reinserted which was a big ouch.

11. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

I'm dreading the day someone tells me I need to start dealing with this s**t. Yosemite has been enough of pain in the arse :grr:

12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I've been budgeting pretty hard in order to get financially sound. Pre planning nutrition meals for lunch and dinner in hopes to save money and eat well.

Was feeling really positive after work getting all my chores together in one evening buying a months worth of frozen and lasting supplies for a ridiculously low sum of money. I effectively have no money left despite being paid a few days ago.. just enough to cover some petrol costs and weekend expenditure along with a weekly shop of fresh items. But i'm almost debt free on my credit card given a few eBay sales and looking towards really positive savings going forward.

Then i came out to find a slow puncture on my tyre. Nail wedged into it pretty nicely, I thought it was a fix but soon noticed it was buggered (confirmed today) £97 for the pleasure of a medium priced tyre. Another expense added to the credit card :(

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Another lesson in budgeting dude. You need to account for unforeseen expenditure. Once you clear your credit card you will be in better shape though, right?

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Oh yes, I mean £97 is effectively whats left now i just was hoping i could have closed the door on that particular concern.

Its not a lot but all for a single nail :roll eyes:

I was just feeling particularly positive going from £724 to £0 after being generally irresponsible (worry about it next month) attitude and i could see potential for it to snowball out of control. It wasn't even really necessary expense when it came down to how it was used just because i had it. I'm just trying to get myself on that footing again were these sorts of expense scratch the surface of a healthy savings account.

**** happens

Last edited: 1 Oct 2015
  15. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Hey man I feel you, I finished paying the loan on my car this month, hit a rock in the road and did £2300 damage to the car. Had to claim on insurance so excess to pay and no claims bonus affected. I love my car, but they are money pits.

16. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I went to see the GP. he increased my Citalopram and ordered a full blood work up went back last week to be told that I've got a vitamin D deficiency so bad that its got to be treated with 50000 units of of something called Desunin (I think its some sort of Vitamin D supplement). On top of that apparently I'm also suffering from Type 2 Diabetes so I'm now on Metaformin as well.

With the number of tablets I'm now having to take, I'm just joyfully awaiting the day when I start to rattle as I walk. I'll probably end up sounding like a tube of smarties.

Isn't life just wonderful :sigh:

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

In general Metformin isn't too bad for most people although it can affect your guts.

I have to take mine with food or else they can act a bit like rocket fuel (2 min warning, better run to the loo sort of thing).

My wife had a severe intolerance to it when she was put on them but, by all accounts it is very rare for that to happen.

If, at a later date, they want to put you on Gliclazide as well then resist that as long as you can, I went on that and gained the 2.5 Stones weight that I had lost back over a couple of months without changing anything diet or exercise related, in fact, we had just moved house at the time so I was walking further than before getting to and from work.

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's marginally better than no life (for most people).

19. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

What you be driving that needs a 97 quid tyre? There's a few more savings to be made me thinks.

20. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Yay, it's the weekend again. I survived another week at work and now I get two days off. And it's payday tomorrow....

And I don't give a single **** about any of it and will probably spend the whole weekend playing War Thunder. There is literally nothing I feel like doing anymore.