1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Will you buy a PS3 if...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 20 Sep 2007.

?

Will you buy a 'budget' PS3

Poll closed 19 Sep 2008.
  1. Sure

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Hell no

51 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yeah but the point is a lot of those games won't be out for around another six months and, as you said, most of them aren't stellar titles. I'll play the console if there's stuff that interests me and, because I get paid to play, money isn't really a factor for me unless I want one at home.

Honestly though, only Haze and Drakes fortune interest me on that list.

And how can you think that ANY version of The Godfather (which has been out for ages on every platform) is worth playing.

Also, bear in mind that the 360, while by no means a better console, will get obvious preferential treatment for most because it has a much larger, already established library and has an equally long (if not longer) list of titles which, to me at least, are more interesting. Games like Mass Effect, Kane and Lynch, Orange Box (not delayed like on PS3) and so on and so on.

2. Major

Major Guest

Err maybe because it's been out like a year longer?

If the PS3 and 360 came out at the same time, PS3 would have overselled the 360 by miles, and tbh it's not doing too bad on sales considering the time it's been out and the time the 360 has been out, not to mention it's cheaper... and brakes alot.

The thread is about "Will you buy a budget PS3", not "IS the PS3 better than a 360"

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/12-12-2006-4272.html (9 months ago)

Trying to find PS3 sales, and if I can remember it was pretty close, and that's with the 1 year gap and double price.

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Sep 2007
  3. kempez

kempez modding again!

But the question has to come up in a form "are the games better" as that's what makes you buy it in the first place

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I can see many points wrong with your post, you really think the PS£ would have sold more than the 360 at the price point it originally sold for? remember we are in the UK and we got seriously shafted in terms of price.

Sure its not doing bad on sales but how many price cuts and bundles did it have to reveal before anyone really considered it as a worth the money? they are bleeding money due to the loss of profit they are NOT making, same goes for the 360 but atlest the 360 has thing like Live to even out the burden.

And as Joe said the inital lineup was dire compared to what the 360 had which was fare far better at the time.

As regards as would i buy one? i might do. The 40gig option looks tasty but it all boils down to price, if they get rid of the blu-ray and price it accordingly then they may have a winner but even now it seems just as useless as buying a Wii but atlest the Wii has created a new niche for itself and sold shed loads.

5. Major

Major Guest

Fair enough, but the UK is overpriced on pretty much anything you can buy, hardware, clothes, cars.

Agreed the lineup was not great, and really needs a good few months now for some decent games to be released, but Motorstorm sells the PS3 for some people anyway. :D

6. kempez

kempez modding again!

Also a PS3 without the Blu-Ray would be a total non-starter for me, that was really the only reason I bought it

7. boynoing

boynoing What's a Dremel?

PS3 really needs some good games to make more people buy it. and the other problem that is Sony will not drop its price down recently. honestly, i would rather wait one or two years to buy PS3.

8. mp3manager

mp3manager What's a Dremel?

I'm not in the market to buy a budget PS3 now...but I will be in the market to buy the range-topper PS3 when they're £149. My days of spending hundred's of £££ on new consoles are long gone.

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Id have one tbh some of the games look good, heavinly sword and Haze plus it plays blu-ray etc. etc.....

now that i've bought my xbox i have 3years to keep taking it back so don't need to replace that so the PS3 would be nice to own due to the upcoming games that are planned for it.