1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 7 Service Pack 1 arrives on 22 February

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 10 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Happy with W7 as is but a service pack always makes things easier at work!

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I wonder if this can be slipstreamed or only available as an iso through msdn.

4. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

Thought it would be soon as there have been 3(?) updates already to enable SP1 to install.

I wonder if this will fix the FireFox freeze syndrome (or make it worse for all you consipracy theorists out there!)?

5. Xir

Xir Modder

Arrr, the SP1, at last.
    So Win7 finally leaves Beta-testing, then? :D

6. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

I wonder if it will fix black ops stuttering problems as there are sound fixes in there?

[​IMG]

7. barbary

barbary What's a Dremel?

Don't forget bubble (or what ever microsift call it) memory for Hyper-V is also in SP1. This is a huge change I'm surprised more isn't being made of it.

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I wonder if it will make Win7 support natively USB 3.0, I know it was rumored to be removed for the beta's, and apparently put back by the time it's official released. I doubt this while rumor, but I still wonder.

9. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

SP is always better than installing 100 of fixes via WU (wholesale installation usually ends badly, like it did for me). 2 weeks ago I made fresh install of W7 and I couldn't believe how many fixes were released for past 2 years. And because of wholesale installation via WU I had to reinstall W7 once more and install fixes in small batches. Now with only one big file to download any kind of W7 deployment will be much, much simpler.

10. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I've noticed the cascading thing before, and the OCD part of me will be happy that this is sorted. Still, when I shutdown I almost always close everything out of habit. I use sleep mode whenever there's something I plan on returning to.

11. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

Finally! I hope they fixed mass media files begin able to CRASH explorer.exe (just by accessing the folder) has been fixed or not.

And also FPS fix for video/audio is a must too.

12. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Roll on the 16th!

:D

13. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I wonder if it'll fix me blocked drains.

14. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

lol....expect lots of 'copies' of W7 to suddenly display a nice little message in the bottom right corner of the desktop on 22nd/23rd of Feb.....

15. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Are we going to get a fix for applications stealing Window focus from each other??!!
    That bug has been driving me nuts for months... I don't want my FF flash plugin to interrupt my 3D, fullscreen game, etc. What a load of cobblers - at least Windows XP had a fix for this problem that worked well...

16. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It was supposed to be fixed in Vista.. but sadly, some software developers decided to take the mater in there own hands due to XP, and conflicts with Vista's fix. This is ongoing in Win7 to my knowledge. In my opinion, if there is a true fix, it will in Win8, and certainly not in a Service Pack.

My computer had some sleep problems, I noticed a lot of beta update marked for SP1 released on Microsoft site. They did solve all my sleep problems I had on my desktop.

17. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Hopefully it will also disable Offline files as they are currently set to enabled by default. Which causes problems when files are being accessed through the network by multiple users.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This probably happens because Explorer is trying to load metadata about media files (resolution, bitrate, length, codec, etc) and generate a preview of video files. There's a tweak you can use to disable this. Not sure exactly what it is though, because I've only ever seen the option in RT7Lite (which I use to slipstream updates & drivers into a Win7 install).

19. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

Try eating some prunes matey ;)

And "patched" a few hours later...

20. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

norm not the OS fault explorer is crashing norm an codex that's been loaded that does it, not with win7 thought (i used the CCCP pack never had issues with it)

i had an issue with vista cida my issue was it was reading the Whole file (and every other file in the directory) just to show an black thumbnail picture, using regedit i turned off the thumbnail loading

Tags: Add Tags