1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Bad Company 2 Pre-order

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hamfunk, 25 Jan 2010.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Hehe, assault teammates were at the other end of the map. I was in the tree as a new section opened up, so they all spawned far far away from me, leaving me in peace to annoy the hell out of the enemy team. Funny to watch a medic running around like a headless chicken trying to find you.

I am still messing around with getting around the map and learning new ways to blow crap up, so I am still having oodles of fun on this map. I just want more unlocks :D

2. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

one thing i would like to know is . Are we to start from scratch after the beta or is it a roll over? I have no problems re-doing it again because its so much fun :)

3. el2k

el2k Modder

I don't know for definite but i would assume you will have to start from scratch again as with most other games when the beta period ends.

4. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Hey guys i think i'm going to order this tonight. Worth getting? Oh andjust to confirm you can get instant access to the beta via steam yes?

5. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

Yeah, i bought it on steam because i hated patching games especially the BF series. you get it instantly in your games browser and then bam install and go !

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

For me, it's lived up to my expectations and the hype so far.

A few things need to be tweaked with regard to the server browser (there has to be a way to filter for hardcore servers) and such, but otherwise, the gameplay is solid, runs well and the Teamplay is essential and works.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2010
  7. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

the pre-order was fun, for about 3 hours.
    not touched it since.
    for me it wasn't worth it.

8. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

What are your names in the beta so I can add you?,mine's subset7

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I'm very original.... NaloaC :p

[ZiiP] will have it's own HC server on day of release, so please feel free to add me as a friend on the beta and come play with us upon release :)

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I was lucky enough to receive a beta key from a clan mate. So, I played last night with 4 other members of my clan. The game is fun however ... THERE IS NO ANTI ALIASING. The "but it's an xbox" port excuse doesn't work here. Even MW2 has AA.

My opinion is very simple, if the final version has no AA I'm not buying it. I'm not spending good money on a game that looks like **** TBH. I already did this with GTA4 and I haven't even finished more than 1/4 of the game since it looks so bad.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I certainly have AA on mine and it looks fantasitc....

12. sHORNY

sHORNY What's a Dremel?

I am too..... sHORNY :)

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Just been playing for the first time and I'm impressed! Looking forward to spending some quality time with this game in the very near future.

Ingame name is fac51 if anyone want to add me.

14. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Rank is resetting, I expect that includes dog tags etc as well. I seem to remember the term 'clean slate' being bandied around.

15. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

Well I've played the beta quite a bit and can recommend it. I hear there may be a CPC readers night, I may indulge.

The graphics are great, lots of environmental effects, the sound is the best I've heard in a game, very realistic (because I've fired a 40mm grenade into a group of strangers while getting mortared and knifed at the same time in real life I should know:D).

All it's missing from a seasoned BF2 player's perspective is more team play and FF to be set on rather than off.

If this is the basis for BF3 I'm happy.

D.

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I miss being able to got prone, I can see why they've omitted it but it takes some of the fun out of playing a sniper.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Dude, play HC, FF on and you need to work as a team or else you're history. Obviously mnore bullet damage and no HUD, but personally, I prefer it like that.

Also with sniping, I know I am sounding like a pre-emptive fanboy here, but I prefer the sniping like this, it adds some more tension to it since you can only crouch, allowing you to move more and be a bit more conscious of your surroundings, not just "oh a bush, let me get my tent pegs".

Looking at the other weapons available for Recon, there is a 9x39mm silenced semi-auto sniper rifle. I can well imagine this to be a royal pain in the backside in heavily wooded maps.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Also, I had a game ( terribly quiet one at that) with Subset7 and another ZiiP member, good games dude and damn good effort (you won in the end :D)

Glad you stuck around for the round despite there only being 3 of us until the last few minutes.

19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

There wasnt a HC mode in BF2, was there one in BC1 on the consoles?

Its a modern warfare thing. There was no need for a HC mode in BF2 because the game had a steep learning curve and was pretty hardcore!

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The gameplay itself can have a pretty steep learning curve for a brief time, but the basic functionality is relatively easy. Just things like learning short bursts instead of spray and pray and teamwork.

I much prefer HC settings over vanilla. I prefer it when i don't need a full mag to make someone hit the ground.

Also, I would assume that there will be a FF option for dedicated servers anyway, so many may have it.