1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

@rollo:
    Don't all her abilites scale off AP? That's what the one game I played with her looked like....

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Nid AD beats every Melee AD top and even counters a teemo pick. Her cat from damage is still heavy as well and with the hp of a bruiser she can just dive adc and be anoying as feck which is mostly a bruisers job.

Shes not a great pick anymore after changes but its still a pretty viable role if you know what your doing.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/bruiser-nidalee-a-tooth-and-nail-guide-to-s3-298534

guide to how it works.

Picks at higher elo are not really always optimal though.

Best top agaist most is vayne these days. Vayne or varus destroys nasus top if you see a nasus and have either its free win for you.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2013
  3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

thanks for hat, Rollo!
    Mucho appreciated.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Best advise I'd say for s4 ranked.

Pick 3 lanes that you want to play, pick 3 champs in each of those lanes and master those champs.

You will likely get at least 1 of those lanes in solo queue.

Personally play top adc support.

I can't mid well enough so I don't do it.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

@rollo - that's pretty much what I have been doing as well.
    Top/Bot/agro bot support.

In an absolute pinch I can play some mid, but heavens beware the team that makes me play Jungle.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Could play jungle if need be but if they put me mid they will lose lol as the only champ I can mid with is ryze so if they counter pick him im screwed.

7. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Yay, got my ranked rewards.

+ On the brief subject of roles, I agree with Rollo about picking 3 Lanes and 3 Champs.

Personally i'm:

- Jungle
    - ADC
    - Supp/Mid

:)

8. rollo

rollo Modder

got mine also. Victorius skin looks like crap in truth.

9. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I didn't get any reward, since I'm lazy and I'm still not level 30.

I need to find a 3rd lane I like to play. So far I've got mid, with Lux/Syndra/Zyra been my champs for it, I do like AP caster mid. For my second lane I like support and do best there anyway, Leona, Lulu, Zyra, Janna are the supports I have at the moment.

Though I've come to realise I suck at ADC and jungle, I've no champs bought for top so can't really practise with just one champion there. Don't know which of the three to try practise since jungle/ADC is the most popular lane it seems.

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I didn't get any rewards because I may have MAYBE played 3 games ranked in S3.

I just can't be bothered to play that competitively and put up with all the griefing there, it seems.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Less griefing in ranked than normals. ( In EUW anyway) With roles defined by pick order you actually stand a half decent chance of getting a role you want to play. Think the last 10 normals ive got the role I main ( ADC) once in those games.

So much spam for mid by players who cant play mid. Same for ADC in truth, If your gonna play either role gotta be able to cs under pressure.

Cs score as mid should be 80+ after 10mins in reality most people ive seen mid are below 40. Same for ADC and top in truth 80 is not even every minion for 10mins.

Best test of most players pick your best character and 1v5 the bots (Custom game). If you win your ready for normal / ranked with that character. If you lose need more practice.

If you head ranked you will likely find zyra banned at low elo, Janna is banned in higher elo ( shes a counter to shyvana which most top junglers play at the moment )

Best top champs at the moment ( May change for season 4 ) Wukong / Jax / j4 / Lee sin pick 3 of them and you have a counter to most none banned top champs.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I dunno... I played 2 or 3 games in S2, the same in S3, and I was VERY surprised to actually win one in S3.
    the 5 others all had trolls and leavers in them, which just p*ssed in my birthday cake and caused me to not really consider going back.

Of course, a lot of this probably has to do with the fact that I am decidedly average at very best, and that ELO counts.

13. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I need to find some more supports! :sigh:

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So, Pre-season is upon us.
    And most people seem to be playing All For One for the lulz.

So did I.
    Observations: ADC doesn't work that well. Fiora is quite badass. So is Aatrox, I've been told.
    Darius, too, become quite nasty.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Funniest is either Nid / lux / blitzcrank.

Blitzcrank in pre made you can pull someone back to fountain lol. Nid is alot of fun with randoms as people suck at dodging spears.

Jinx is the best ADC of the choices.

Never actually had a game where we were melee and the oponent was not range.

16. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

We played an all for one yesterday, 5 Ziggs vs 5 Ziggs.

The sky was falling, quite literally.

17. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Most fun I had in OFA was Cho'gath and Soraka.

Ranged seem to dominate in the laning phase though, tried Zed but we were up against Lux.

18. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

Lux has always dominated in things like that, just look at her in ARAM.

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Lux is hilarious, TBH.

That said, I don't actually care about winning in OFA. the few games I played were partially serious picks, and partially "troll pics", because we wanted to see how what works.

I still need to try 5-man Shaco.

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Shaco boxes maybe a per map limit which would break shaco similar issues with hiemer turrets not sure either have been tested.

Pre season is fun at the min a lot of agressive support options. Annie ahri are both popular.