1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other COME ON ENGLAND!

Discussion in 'General' started by SatansBudgie, 12 Jun 2010.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I admire the enthusiasm and all, but I find it very hard to believe that England have any chance of winning the world cup this year. Especially when the boss can't even speak the language properly. The only thing worse than hearing Fabio Capello try to speak English is nails on a chalkboard. IMO.

2. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Am I the only one that is really really really inexplicably annoyed at Fabio Capello's lack of English.
    FFS he is Manager of the ENGLAND national football team and he can barely speak the facking language!
    IF you have to be an English citizen to play in the team you have to be an English citizen to manage the team.
    That's my view.
    Stupid bloody football politics.

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Na, football is a universal language. Capello can speak football fluently.

4. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I agree completely. Living in the US and cheering for MLS teams, what they lack in pure skill they make up for in emotion and desire to win or die. I feel like jumping in my truck and doing donuts while waving my flag and yelling.

also
    :blush: seaman :blush:

5. Unicorn

*Cough*

¿Qué?

6. DaveVader

Yeah, I was just elaborating.
    Or a Fabio Capello would say.

Io sono un coglione

(according to google translate)

Oh and for the above... I miss when there was Seaman on the pitch during England games.

7. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I thought that the world cup was next year in NZ?:confused:

Oops, silly me! You mean amateur dramatics football! :p

Maybe I should start running right about now?

8. DaveVader

No!
    Stay, stay!

9. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

*Rrrruff! Pant, pant, pant*

Whoops, sorry! Misunderstood that one, was expecting a "Good dog!" tacked on the end! :p

*replaces canine personality with human*

England's chances are, as usual, slightly larger than a gnat's left bollock. I still watch it when it's on but more on the basis of "How crap are we going to do this time?" than anything else. I hold no high hopes and have nothing but contempt for the "roll round on the pitch holding your leg" routine that far too many football players seem to indulge in. I've not seen a match so far that's involved that much of the am dram theme but the closer it gets to the final the more prevalent it will become. At least I have the decency to properly (and legally, no less - I always hit the ball first. The kneecaps afterwards are just an added bonus) ensure that the bod I've just tackled isn't going to be standing up for a while!

10. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Everyone loves an optimist eh?:D:D

I will be partaking in BBQ'ed food, beer and loads of footie this weekend, and the England game is going to be a great start. The sun is shining, England are still in the cup, it's all good for me:thumb:

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I really couldn't care less how England do in the world cup, but the Swiss beating Spain and Mexico making France look so bad are results i'll remember for a long time. :D

12. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Mexico vs France was a good match.

England vs Algeria tomorrow will be tense.. I won't be able to watch it though :(

13. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

As I said on another forum, I love the world cup as it provides the absolute best excuse to leave work early... Wrapping up a 1pm sharpish tomorrow and I get a full days moolah for it. GET IN!

14. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Watching the Slovenia vs USA match ... Exciting stuff!

Needing USA to score 1 more for a 2-2 draw ...

Cummon yanks!

Update: finished 2-2 !! Exactly what we needed muhahahahahahaha!

Last edited: 18 Jun 2010
  15. Unicorn

Did anyone else watching England V Albania at the moment think that was 45 minutes of meh? Unless they get a spanking and one heck of a pep talk from Fabio, I think Eng-errr-land could be in trouble tonight. They'd never live that down :rolleyes:

Last edited: 18 Jun 2010
  16. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I stated to any one that would listen, Im done with football, unless its brazil..

Five live "England, could qualify but if they play like this whats the point".

This is a good time to wake up about english football at world level, we are fck sht, dont waste another minute of your life following them.

Algeria showed more technical ability than England.. LOL what a joke we are.

Man on a serious note, five live are RIPPIng england to peices, they are really telling it straight..

17. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Turgid. Tepid. Insipid, uninspired, unimaginative. Woeful.

Where's my thesaurus...

18. Unicorn

ITV are ripping them to shreds as well. That was the worst England match I've ever seen. OF ALL TIME EVEN. Seriously, they don't deserve to win their next match after that. The last 20 minutes became a "guess what the players and manager are shouting at each other" game between Dad and I. There was no football worth watching anyway, and ITV kept cutting to replays of the players faces too :hehe:

19. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Hope England busts out of the world cup with another dreadfull performance..

I would like nothing better than to support an england team worth my time..

But untill some one sits down and openly says, what the fck is wrong with the way we approach world level football.

Lets get a proper team together for the Euro and look forward to the next world cup.

England are always sht

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I would support a side that loses playing with their heart and soul but sorry that was absolute crap and to think Terry most probably gets paid more than the whole of the Algerian side put together. I hope England go out because I get so worked up because they play so crap.

Is that the same Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard that everyone raves about crap.