1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spong3R

Spong3R What's a Dremel?

Gnome, first may I say HOLY $#!% !! This is the best thing ever, dont mean to sound like everyone else and their mother, but good god man, this thing rules!!! :clap: :clap:
    That being said, when do we get to see the rest of it man? You know were all sittin here drooling and waiting for the final product! :thumb: :thumb:

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I've been watching this for ages and its really nice to see a proper article on the main page as I dont have to trawl through the other comment spam ;)

All I can say is I am totally amazed. Even my grilfriend is amazed so :thumb: :rock: :clap: :jawdrop: :dremel:

Really I cannot congratulate you enough on this fine project.
    Its the kind of case that if you said you were selling it no matter how much it would cost I would have to find the money (even if it meant taking a bank loan)

PS: Grats on becoming staff too :thumb:

3. broots

broots What's a Dremel?

I think it's been said once or twice before, but I'll say it again: Awesome work! :thumb:

Been surfing around the forum a bit lately, and a question came to me.. do you have any ideas for the I/O units? Keyboard, mouse, monitor etc?

First thing that came to my mind was a transparent keyboard I saw once, I think it was a Mac :)eeek:)keyboard actually..
    I'm sorry if I'm repeating an old question..

4. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Good point but I will just pop the rad and slide it out sideways then the drives can come out. Not ideal but the best with so much packed into the system.

5. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

Can't you turn the rad to the other side? Or will this interfeare with your design?

6. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Yes.

7. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

You sure know how to keep us interrested in this project :clap:
    I still haven't decided what case I will use for my mod (love the C3 Full tower, only I miss about 4 inches in depth :( ) Right know I'm thinking about building one myself, maybe some sort of cube :naughty:

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Oops. Nearly missed that update! That looks sooooo tasty! :clap:

Just curious: how heavy is that thing already?...

I'm impressed with how you're managing to fit it all in. It all looks pretty well planned (Remember that plug wire separators work equally well in organising Tygon tubing! Billet Specialties does good quality ones in most conceivable hole diameters) And just start thinking about chroming that pump! :brrr: :D

9. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

I was thinking that same about the pump also Nexxo, that would be awesome. I bet he is already planning that/or ahs already done it because if nto it would ruin his color scheme. Maybe it is done adn will be in the next update, but i dont ahve any idea about that :)
    One thing i wanted to ask G-Gnome though, what is the link for those project boxes because i like the idea of the junction boxes, but all the boxes i have seen are too big.

10. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

not really sure what g-gnomes source is... but try this

and if you dont have enough for chroming... try these aluminum ones

11. Sir George

Sir George What's a Dremel?

My english is not eloquent enough to express my amazement and wonder :sigh: . First thing into my head when looking at this project was some quote (I keep forgetting who's):'
    "If eyes were made for seeing, then beauty is it's own reason for being" (I hope I quoted that correctly).

Anyway, if I remember correctly (it's 2 in the morning right now and I've just read your log from the beginning (took me over 4 hours)), you said that you might not be satisfied with your fan grille in the front (all those round holes). I was thinking that it might be nice to have

Orac3

cut out and used as a grille. Although it might take a long time to find a font you really like...

Guess that's something you're going to fret over when you've "finished" (the brackets are there because I doubt that somebody who puts so much attention into every little detail is ever finished ;) ) because of your time schedule.

Anyway, I hope your leg will be better soon and I'm looking forward to another update.

Sir George

12. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

im sorry g-nome, but i dont think this watercooling setup is going to work very well

:D

very good job, keep it up

13. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Just curious...why do you think that?

14. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I, too am curious, especially when the only parts people have seen are the rad and the res? :)

15. mikey_d

mikey_d What's a Dremel?

Take a closer look at the picture... Look for a short piece of tubing ;-) I think that was what bee2643 wanted to point out.

16. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

ROFLMAO :lol: :hehe: :lol: :D :D :hehe: :eyebrow:

17. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Can youanswer a few of my questions a few pages back G-Gnome? about the atx plug and the showerhose?

18. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

hey g-gnome can you answer my question about the plastic project box link

19. mikey_d

mikey_d What's a Dremel?

You said all that there is to be said... ;-) Nonetheless it was good laughs worth.

Back to the topic, I must say I'm among the crowd waiting to see how have you mastered stealthing the motherboard and PCI / AGP-cards...

Not sure if it would be possible to stealth MB and cards using some aluminium/steelsheet. Requires quite a bit of work hours though and should be quite an engineering feat to get cooling adequate.

Watercooling might be out of the question because of sheer area needed to be cooled down. Some kind of air cooling should be arranged, maybe with one or two squirrel cage fans should do. Atleast, that's how I would do it.

Hmmh... This gives me some ideas... :) Too bad I don't have money to buy guts, bells and whistels for another comp... :p

20. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I'm not really saying at this stage how I'm going to finish off the connector. As much as I'd like to It'd give the game away re: mobo stealthing. ;)

I'll be covering it all in great detail later...

Vcdman - where I got the ABS project boxes from is in the original project log where I talk about chroming the plastic. :p You want to go to RS Components. Don't have a link on hand to the boxes sorry, but google and some surfing should get you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.