1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

cutting disk.... it isnt hard to use one

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

A hole saw would work well. As for the red replacement top, it was professionally laser-cut by CuttingEdgeCaseMods.

3. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

Ok, thank you:)

I believe that modsquad said that he could not fin a holesaw with the right dimension.

And concerning the cuttingdisc: Though my experienxe with this tool is somewhat small, I can picture it being a bit hard, as it cuts a straigth line and it would be teady to cut a round hole with it. I believe a jigsaw would be more suitable.

And if you would happen to see this modsquad, my question is posted on the previous page.

4. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

:idea:
    Thought you might be interested in this tid-bit.

I went up and visited my friends at JCL Company today and inquired about getting some custom Lian-Li parts made. Jack at JCL said that the special PSU plate for my V2000 (no 80mm grill holes) was no problem to get, but he would have to get back to me on price and delivery information on obtaining a custom middle floor plate with no oblong holes. :D They are fairly easy to remove from the case as you just need to drill out some rivets. The floor can be either riveted back together or use more screws to hold them together.

I figure other people that read this might want to get in on this deal as not having those oblong holes helps out considerably for us modders. If you are interested then contact Jack at sales@bridgeview.com and tell him your interested in getting what I'm ordering. Have no idea as to price yet, but I really don't care so long as it is reasonable.

5. revlimit

revlimit What's a Dremel?

TN, can you elaborate on what piece you're talking about? I can not picture it. I might get one if it is useful to me. I'm still working on my V2000.

Nevermind, I saw your other post on. The PSU back plate bothers me more than the oblong hole.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2005
  6. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Sorry for the slow response. I did indeed use a Dremel and std cutting disk. If memory serves, I drilled a large centered hole then a series of pie-shaped cuts to the OD of the hole size then cut them out. I did not have a "good" jigsaw at the time..That would have also worked (I cut the round side window hole with a jigsaw)..
    Firehed is correct. The red acrylic reservoir cover was laser cut by chris @ CuttingEdge CaseMods. I only drilled the mounting holes..

7. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

I have to say that the amount of attention to detail in this project is something I have not seen in any other modding project this far! And I think image shows best the simplistic beauty you have in your case.

Well done, and keep us updated :).

8. Payne280

Payne280 What's a Dremel?

very nice mod, will have to use some of your ideas in my future mod if you wouldn't mind

9. modsquad

I don't mind at all. The highest praise you can bestow on my project is to use some of my ideas in your mod. That's the reason for these project-logs, to trade ideas..
    Thanks to you as well Zds..simplistic beauty sounds good to me. I was/am looking for a "clean" look..

10. MoOstick

MoOstick What's a Dremel?

My god, 99 pages of pure simple artistic CLEAN work... Indeed the photo Zds has shown is typical of the good work your doing. :rock: :rock: :rock:

11. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

the red acrylic washers make a nice touch :) a great mod.

12. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

Indeed... It's amazing how little things separate good from excellent, and those washers are one of the things that really do it.

13. modsquad

Thanks, Zds..I hate to "toot my own horn", but I was the first guy to use those BulkHead compression fittings on a LL v-series case and the only guy to make his own acrylic washers (as far as I know):
    [​IMG]

0% progress on BN (using it to type@you).. I did a bunch of work on the other project (SG) today, you may want to take a look-see..More to come..

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  14. modsquad

USB cover:

This has been a "sticking point" for quite some time..My front USB cover:
    [​IMG]
    It's not bad:
    [​IMG]
    but...as someone said pages back: "it looks a bit tacked on"..I would have to agree.....
    I have another idea :idea:
    I will give it a go tomorrow..looks as though I need to clean-up the radiator as well.. :wallbash:

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hmm... am I totally forgetting about the "plain and simple" red one (vs the Cuplex XT mounting plate idea)? I must have... looks fairly natural, at least compared to the other. How do you get your acrylic cuts so clean, especially the rounded corners? I've tried a few methods and none seem to give very good results.

16. modsquad

It will cost you 25Cents :hehe:
    [​IMG]
    follow the line with a Dremel sanding disk :dremel:
    clean the cut and file out the sanding scratches with a needle file:
    [​IMG]
    polish out the file-scratches with Novus compound (heavy then fine)..
    [​IMG]
    Works every time.. :thumb:

17. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

How about using a stock stainless Aquastream controller plate with the side that has no lettering. Polish to a mirror finish and use as a signature plate that says "Black Narcissus" and the completion date? Alternatively you could use a black anodized aluminum plate with the letters scribed into it. Then use a bright red enamel to fill in the letters. Thus you would have cool looking fiery red letters on a black background. :hip:

18. Goth

Goth What's a Dremel?

guys who live in Europe...
    where should i buy my components ?
    i know im buying my WC from Aquacomputer
    but the mobo,gfx etc. where should i buy them ?

19. modsquad

My plan is "bent-(red)-acrylic". it won't look that-much different from what you see now, but should "flow-better" with the LL v-series lines..
    HL2 tonight....... BN_work in the morning.. (unless a massive hang-over saps my mod-powers)..
    [​IMG]

20. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

If you want an idea for the drive bay stealth cover, try beveling the dvd door and the frame directly below it to 45 angle. That way the door can fold down to open, and if you polish the bevels, it should look nice.
    Let me know if you need me to explain it more so

You could maybe attach the plexi to the metal with super glue... not sure if that would hold well though.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2005