1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project jupitor

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modmaster, 27 Apr 2003.

1. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

Well it's nice to see that another of my protégées is doing so well for a first mod :hehe: :naughty: :D

Get your dremel out and remove those nasty holes to increase the air flow and put a fan grill over if you don't want to trap prying fingers.

224 LEDs sound like it's going to be an interesting soldering project.

Keep up the work but make sure you do my work first :p :hehe: :D

Meblin

2. modmaster

modmaster What's a Dremel?

Hi people

i know this mod is going slow:sigh: this is dew to cash flow. I will be putting on some pics of my case soon but the paint seems to be going funny on the front beezel it looks like it has wet patches and runs yet it dose not it is dry as a bone. I am going to give it another cote 2morrow that way i will c if its the paint or the plastic. Anyway till then happy modding :dremel:

3. modmaster

A little 5 MIN MODD!!!!

I have just done a quick modd. i needed to rig up 2 yellow LED'S behind my power button (the golf ball), i started ny getting my dremel and drilling holes in the dimples, appart from 5 in the middle. I then took the front beezel and fliped it over and made some holed in the back of the power button mount and then pushed the LED'S in here. BUT when i pushed the power button the LED'S stoped it from going back, so i riped out the power button and used my dremel with circular saw bit and took some chunks out of it. :dremel: This now allows the LED'S to fit nicely and when the button is pushed they dont catch.

Next problem!!

i now needed to power the LED'S so what i did is got one of my femail molex plugs and was going to fasten the wires in here but then i remembered i had some spare fan conectorsn:idea: as pictured bellow:
    [​IMG]
    these were all parts of a fan once but now i have got my hands on them.
    all i did was to add the fan connector to the molex wires and crimp them. I took the brown conector plug and soldered the wires from my leds to them and then put them back inside the brown connector that way i can unplug it whenever i want and with the molex extention being the way it is i dont loose power.:thumb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last picture shows the LED'S, i will post the pics with the leds behinfd the power button just as soon as the case dries. Tell me what you think of my 5 MIN modd!! :D :p :hehe:

4. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Are they 5v LEDs?

If the're not, the replacements you order should be ;)

5. modmaster

yer they are 5v LED's and the restistor i used i 150ohm so it is more than adiquate. the first time i forgot the resistor pluged it in and you can imagin what happened, it poped :wallbash: :wallbash: :waah: but then i used the resistor calcuator found on this site and it worked out to be 150ohm and as it was i have just made a fan bus with bi-coloured LED's so i already had the resistors :D :D :hehe: .

6. modmaster

here is the pics of my case::p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i know that in the last pic the pannel is not on propperly that because i am still working on it, i have not finnished everything yet and the components i have put inside the case are not the new pc it is an old one witch has being in a box for months.

anyways any feedback would be nice. :D :D

7. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Whats the white stuff on the paint in the front?

8. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Who are the little men living at the top of you case:hehe:

9. modmaster

thw white stuff is not there it is just the flash on the camera i have. it is way to powerfull so whenever i take a picture the flash overpowers it and you get the white effect. i have searched through all the camera settings and there is no way to turn the flash down:eyebrow: anyways that white is not actually there

10. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Why silver floppy black case?

11. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

that thing is crying out for a red led rheobus....

itl match the entire colour scheme if u put a red cathode behind the window too. red and black mmmm

:thumb:

12. modmaster

Project Jupitor and the LODGERS!!!

:D mmm red cathode on tinted perspex with black case i just cant afford the perspex at the moment:wallbash: .

i will use the red cathode idea and i still have a blowhole to put in the top and i will be fitting another rainbow fan. and i am cutting out the holes behind the the back mounted fans to increse airflow.:hehe:

o and the people above my case are the lodgers!!:hehe:

and the silver flopppy drive wil be sorted 2night sinse i just got a new cd and floppy drive.:clap:

Last edited: 19 May 2003
  13. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

btw, u really need to stop using the smilies so much, I know theyre good but there is such a thing as over use in a post.

:hehe:

but yeah sound great, get some pics up when its done!

14. modmaster

BAD NEWS TODAY!!!!!1

i managed to blow up my jupitor pc.:waah: i am most upset i had it on for a test run after i stealthed my cd rom drive and was fidiling with the fan bus unit and all of a sudden boom :eeek: i dont have a clue what happened. I did not short anything and any connections i made were shrink wraped. i opened up my psu to find the fuse that was soldered to the board had blown to smotherines. Lucky for me i hav another psu so i slaped that in and went for a second try, but befor hand i unpluged the modds that i had done. Pressed the power button and...... u guesed it BOOM :wallbash: so now i am totaly puzzled and upset.

15. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Fuse shouldn't be too hard to replace.

16. the_secret

the_secret What's a Dremel?

-> but you'd better find out why it blew first.