1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rant: why rich people suck

Discussion in 'General' started by bbigboy101011, 29 Nov 2004.

1. penski

penski BodMod

The world will not be handed to you on a plate - you need to go out there and grab it yourself.

Remember - He's Valedictorian...

*n

2. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

Don't forget those rich types like myself, getting a job in a freakin' stuffed animal store just to be able to show my parents I'm a responsible youth who can handle himself and would rather they limit their handouts.

3. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

This is a generalization, and all generalizations are bad *snicker*.

I (meaning my family, i'm only 16) is fairly well off, but I still have a job. One of my friends is rich off his royal behind and he works to be that way. I know this kid who's father owns one of the biggest companies in Soux City (I forget which one). This guy was LOADED. I mean mansion and limos loaded, but he was the nicest most level-headed kid ever. Not all people that have money are snooty arseholes, much like not all lower income people are stupid bums.

No, I cannot and will not deny that some rich people spoil their kids (Paris Hilton) but what about those who don't? For instance Bill Gates' (the richest man alive) kids have to earn their living; ol' Willy ain't gunna pave their way with gold.

Niether you nor anyone else can go about and announce that an entire class of anything is bad. As I mentioned earlier, how would you like it if I said all people who make less than $60k a year are stupid and smell of rotten beef? You wouldn't. And I don't appreciate you telling me that I am a bad person just because my parents worked their ass off to make money.

4. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

i would say this thread should be closed, but i want to see what this kid replies with before it get's closed.

oh, and penski....nice pwnage action there. :rock:

5. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Don't close the thread if enough of us shout at once he may stop whinging long enough to actually learn something

6. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

My friends mom makes 75k a year, my other friends mom makes over 100k. They don't act like stuck ups, and they worked for every penny. I say live it up if you earned it.

7. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

hmm and u can afford to go 2 skool with em? u do realise that if they go to a "poor mans skool" they are only trying to fit in, and probly impress u as i kno heaps of rich ppl who no longer work who help out others for nothing. hence y 1 friend gave us $2500 to fix my dads caravan and i built him a computer (he gave me money for parts)

dude u need 2 get over the fact that ur a poor kid, as i am, u r only jelous coz u have no money coming outta ur ass

or u could b a rich kid trying to fit in

8. Short-Media

Short-Media What's a Dremel?

:duh: This the generation.

Im 29 years old earning 40k+ (nearly $70k a year which is rich in your bracket). Let me tell you a home truth (that's already been mentioned) that's real.

I come from a very poor family. I have worked my ass off in the last 11 years to make something of myself and build a good life with a good income. I wasn't born rich, my family had (and still have) nothing. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and I am like many others who have fought to get themselves into a good situation.

Stop whinging about how life sucks. It does suck, get a helmet. You have a long way to go and your attitude won't help you in the slightest.

You are just angry because you weren't born into the culture you so despise. That's jealousy and really pathetic. If you were born into wealth, you'd be here complaining about "all the poor kids at school must be selling drugs".

Weak. Very weak.

9. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

I believe it's exactly this self-contradiction which has got so many people here miffed.

10. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Dude, get off your arse and get a job then maybe you can live like they do!

There's only one type of rich kid that i dont like and thats the one that has their parents spend thousands of them and just keeps boasting about it - and their stuff instantly has to be better than yours. Although they're more spoilt than wealthy..

Last edited: 29 Nov 2004
  11. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

This says it all. As a chef I worked 9am to 2am for 10 years, standing all day in a hot dank kitchen. My wife worked equaly hard at her education and her jobs. If you think that for a minute I feel bad that I FINALY have money and time to enjoy it, you're crazy. Wealth takes time. And you really learn to appreiciate it in that time it take to grow. Then you work at being debit free, Then you indulge in fun stuff. Whining and ranting doesn't do a lick of good. Based on what I have read in this thread: 1. Most people here agree with me and 2. you need to be smacked hard and get a job.

Penski said it best.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2004
  12. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Hi,

You can put labels on people. Not everybody that is rich is the same.
    I know a 'few' very rich people and they don't fit in your description. But I also know a few who fit in that perfectly..

So as always, there is truth in what you sed for some, and its very false for others.

Your statement is equally correct as " all bums deserve it ".
    Your obviously angry about something, you should work it out at other things then at people who have it better then you.

L

13. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

Im sorry but im with everyone else on this matter - i think some of the points you were making were rather unnecessary. i know people who have more money than i do and they are really nice and not stuck up at all. I agree that if you got a job and started earning money then you wouldnt feel so hard done by and would start enjoying your life more as you would have money to go out and do things you like or buy things. Also , a job is not just about money -it gives you something to do , you meet new people etc and would probably make you feel like your acheiving something .

I also agree with what someone put about people being the way they are regardless of how much /how little money they have .

I know you may think that life sucks atm but trust me we've all had bad things happen to us at some point in our lives (and trust me ive had a few to say the least) but you learn to pick yourself up and get on and dont let the people who have done things or treated you badly win .

14. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

well, i also know rich people who arent like that at all. I think to steriotype them would open yourself to lots of steriotypes. i assume your poor so, any crime, i'll goto you first.

And whats with all the talk about medication?!

15. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

TBH this is what you get with prejudice, you tar all rich people with the same brush and you will get a backlash, brought it on yourself, no sympathy.

16. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

According to penski's definition of rich I'm rich. But tell you what. I worked for it. I worked hard for it. Went to uni, but my father made me get good grades. The rule was simple: Get good grades and my father picks up the tab.

My whole life has been "given" to me on a silver platter by parents, but I am very gratefull for it. They didn't do it because they are rich, they did it because they could afford to do it and chose to do it. I have allready done better than my parents have done and my career will probably be better than my fathers. If I ever have kids they'll have the best life I can afford. And if they have kids I'll chip in to give them the best life I can afford.

In my opinion you are just jealous. Get over it. Jealousness doesn't suit you (or anyone for that matter). You live in the states dont you? Make it happen for yourself (live the american dream thing), because as I understand it no-one is going to do it for you. You'll earn my repect if you can. But at this moment you are just a whiner feeling sorry for yourself and I cannot stand people feeling sorry for themselves. That is what you probably hate about rich people.

17. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

/me throws 2p into the thread.

dont spend it all at once

18. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

An arsehole is an arsehole, it doesnt matter what they earn. I find alot of unplesant people do resonably well becuase they are more cut throat and happy to backstab people, maybe your point should be why do alot of arseholes have money? Or maybe you should stop trying to find someone to blame for problems and start looking for solutions.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

bbigboy101011, the world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.

You're having a hard time? Life didn't turned out the way you wanted it? Join the club, dude. We've all been there, and we've all had to work our way through.

That you're a valedictorian obviously demonstrates that you're a bright kid with lot's of potential. It also demonstrates that you at least you got a roof over your head, and parents who care enough to feed you and be prepared to give you opportunity of a good education (and let's not forget the PC with internet access. :D ). In your own way, you have fortune too.

So lose the weight, lose the chip on your shoulder and most of all, lose the self-pity. It will only hold you back from developing your true potential. And for that you have no excuse.

20. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

nexxo, you aren't Trisha in disguise are you? :thumb: