1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRIBALOVERKILL's Project: "Blackout"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 16 Aug 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awwww, thanks man!! :hehe: :thumb: :clap:

2. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Quick update because I got to go,...

Here I'm going to cut the UV equivalents. I'm going to to do it the same way I cut most of my plastic. Thats because it works so well:)
    [​IMG]

Here's one done. Perfect.
    [​IMG]

Here are all of them done.
    [​IMG]

Drilling the mounting holes. Dont forget to brace the back of the acrylic piece with some wood so you dont crack the holes at the rear. You can use a little bit of grease too.
    [​IMG]

Absolutely done. Damn thats cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok,... check this one out. This is how I am goign to incorporate the computers name. I am going to cut "BLACKOUT" out of the remaining black aluminum from when I cut out my windows from the cases side panel. Then I will cut a UV green equivalent and then light it the hell up! It's going to behind the mobo tray. I think it would lok smokin behind the tinted window!!!
    [​IMG]

I was not able to make the inner shield equivalents because I didnt know how to. But I now what I have to do and how to do it now so tomorrow I will do that. It is hard as hell though. I really hate bending acrylic!

3. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

that looks wicked man.

youe totally changed my feelings towards green acrylic~

4. Zebo

Zebo What's a Dremel?

I was not able to make the inner shield equivalents because I didnt know how to
    -----------------------

Same way you made metal ones then use oven @250-300 to wrap itself around pipe for correct arc.

5. -Erik-

-Erik- Guest

This should be interesting, hope you can get alot done tomorrow (today)

6. tribaloverkill

Dude it's not that easy. The way I want it, I cant foigure out how to mount it. So I have to try this other way. I have jig ready to go so in the moring I will get started.

7. MattMc

MattMc What's a Dremel?

Great mod so far! I'm new to the forum, but you guys are inspiring my to try out my own project!

I was trying to think of a way that you could mount the plexi inside your curved inner shields. All I could come up with was a modified version of what dex2407 already said. Drill the holes in the plexi larger than the diameter of your pump mounting brackets, then somehow connect the curved inner shields to the curved plexi. Not sure if using screws would look good or not. Maybe if you used the same screws you already used it wouldn't look too bad.

I didn't draw all of your cutouts, but if you mounted the screws in an uncut area of the inner shield it might work (see image)? I didn't draw them, but probably some sort of grommets inbetween the inner shield and plexi would be good.

Matt

[​IMG]

8. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Throw the profiles of the alu upsidedown, put a small section of acrylic onto the top, heatgun, pressfit the part into it, cut out around it with a coping saw, clean edges.

Ive done this before, it works. The hardest part is getting the bend consistant.

9. Rd52

Rd52 Minimodder

man ur mod pwnz, and plz dont kill spongebob those lil episodes are hilarious, u shuld make a weekly series lol. anyways great work im loving it, i wush i had half the skill u have (im jealous) WE WANT MORE SPONGE BOB!!!!!!!!!!

10. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Wow... :eeek:

A while ago I had decided that I was not going to comment in project logs unless I had something to contribute, but I think I just found an exception to the rule :p

That is some seriously amazing work you're displaying there, especially the modding you did to the water cooling res. Where did you pick that up bty? All the places I see that sell it are either out of stock or no longer taking orders :(

One quick suggestion regarding attaching the acrylic to the shields: have you considered glue? I've been using JB Weld a lot in my mod (which shall remain without a project log until it starts shaping up and looking less like a garbage bin reject) and not only does it bond like steel, but it also cures fast. Plus (in my experience) it doesn't doesn't fog acrylic at all (can you tell, I've joined the cult of JB-Weld :p).

And, as a footnote, SpongeBob must die :naughty:

11. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

amen to the sponge bob rant in the previous post and a compliment to you the moder of this case. the work on this case is more than impressive but rather awing and inspiring for me to get off of my butt and finish my junk. i love the under lit items and the attention that you are giving to the pump...THE PUMP!! almost no one cares about the pump and how that looks.

in conclusion i would have to say this...if i ever enter a mod contest i would hate for you to show up because this ROCKS!!! MORE PICS I SAY!! :clap:

12. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Those curved guards look outstanding. Honestly i'm gobsmacked.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

This is definitly up there in the modding world. With the likes of gnome and Nexxo. Flawlesss, and i love it.

13. yeah, he's converted me too! :thumb:

------

Sweeet 3d MattMc, I suggest you start a new thread tho if you continue developing your own ideas. Oh, and welcome to Bit-Tech! :cooldude:

14. tribaloverkill

Mattmc,... that is a cool drawing! Thanks! I have considered with bolts but I am not sure if I want to use them. I have to bend the acrylic right first.

Etacovda, I have tried that already. Didnt work right at all but I will try again. We'll see what happens.Thanks for all your compliments guyz, I really do appreciate it.

15. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

you sick mofo!

no, i dont mean your sick, i mean your work is dammmnnn SICK!

dood you are teh roxor, your pumps look awesome, i mean more than awesome.... like ermmmmm superfragalisticmakesyourmotherscreamsodatastebetter AWESOME!

dood.... the radbox looks teh sex! its sooooooo clean and everything is nice n' precise! well done

will be keeping an eye out on this project... its bloody mad!

16. tribaloverkill

17. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Yo that will be so sick with it. I thought you were only doing a chrome metal look but with the plastic right behind it that will be so crazy. 10/10 in creativity.

18. 10/10 ??? 9999999999/10 if you ask me!! ;) :hehe: :D

19. tribaloverkill

I got it! I got it to work!!! I am most likely going to go with my original plans of using the two little bolts to hold the plastic to the shields. I have one piece of plastic shaped and cut to the general size. I have file it down to its absolute size and then drill holes. It's going to look friggin crazy!!!

Last edited: 21 Aug 2005
  20. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

This is one damn beautifull mod, a lot of work wen't into it and that's what counts.

MOD ON! :dremel:

Cheers,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.