1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "aevitas" Sick and tired of waiting!@

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by aevitas, 5 Jun 2005.

1. Pete_Venkman

Pete_Venkman What's a Dremel?

Nice work. I have to agree that after all that sweet dremel work you should show off the edges of that window. Unless, of course, the rubber edging is part of your original design.

May I also say that I want your steady-dremel-powers?

2. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I wasn't wining dude, I was praising your cuts. I just feel the trim really spoils it, take it off and see how it looks :thumb:

3. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

@ Leeum: I ment the ppl in the supermarket where I work :D

@ all the other pplz..: I know I haven't updated in a while simply cause I don't have anything to continue with :grr:
    I placed my order for my harddisks on the 6th of August. So I am waiting, waiting.. after 2 weeks still no hard disks.. so I contacted them and asked them what the deal was? They told they would get them thursday the 18th of August.. so I was all excited and soon it was like the 22nd of August and I saw this TNT van driving out of my street. So I thought.. hmm my harddrives? Ermm NO.. nothing had been delivered. So I contacted the company again.. asking them where the "hell" my harddisks were? So they said they didn't know the exact date when the harddrives were in stock again. I was like omg wtf and :jawdrop: behind my laptop. First they tell me, yeah we get them the 18th of August and then it will be send to you. Guess not, I'm going to send them an email now (3rd of SEPTEMBER) to tell them to cancel my order cause I ordered some more ******** there (for like 300€) and will go somewhere else cause this is pathetic.

In the meanwhile I did some sleeving and I broke this cable (beyond repair) so decided to order a new one. So I did (on the 25th of August). So almost 2 weeks further I got my order (1 small tube of Arctic Silver 5 and the Akasa adapter) in the mail today. I opened the evelope and saw this revoltec cable (and I was like wtf and :jawdrop: on the couch downstairs). So I emailed them asking wtf is this. So they told me they send replacement products if the original aren't in stock. I mean wtf is that.. ok it's in their terms of policy (or w/e). So I was ok sure np. But the cable aint the same as the one I ordered. I ordered this one:

[​IMG]

And I got this one:

[​IMG]

So I was like wtf.. ok the use is the same (not quite). So I emailed them again asking them wtf is going on. So they email me back saying the wire is exactly the same besides the extra female/male plug. I was like.. omg wtf? Why do you say it's the same if it hasn't got the extra male/female plug. Am I getting stupid or is that NOT exactly the same?

So I emailed them saying it's not the same and there wasn't anything saying on the website that they didn't have it in stock so I expected the original wire. So they emailed me with "We will send the original wire as soon as it is in stock to you without any further costs". But I don't want that so the 2 products (which took 2 weeks to get here) will go back to the company and I'll order it elsewhere.

Also these last 3 days I had introduction days of my new school which were nice but very intense. And today I've worked from 9 till 5 so that doesn't really help with how I feel atm.

What do you guys think? Did I do good with telling them I'll go elsewhere or should I wait again? I mean c'mon. A month for 2 hdd's, 1 dual CCFL's and 2 front bezels. And 2 weeks for a wire + cooling paste, and getting the wrong wire) I mean wtf is going on?

[/rant]

That's my update for now, I'm sick and tired of waiting and I'll go to the shop itself next time instead of ordering it online.. :grr: :grr:

4. dex2407

dex2407 What's a Dremel?

dude u did right tellin them to get stuffed, its not so much the wait its the pissin about.

5. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

DUDE I hate waiting too! its a biotch!

....however....

You ordered a fan connector!!!....You are a modder right?...your going to sleeve?...MAKE ONE!!! You're in a venue that is read and posted in by some (actually I believe all) of the worlds most renouned modders (myself NOT included)...improvising is the reason we are all here.

I mean surely a man that can use a dremell can splice a few wires, no? Free yourself from the bondage of ship times and get some electical tape. Not a flame at all just stating the obvious. Great work overall, keep it up!

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I think that locking strip is far too wide! I'd think about some other, a bit sleakier one :(

IMO that catches eye too much.

And I hope you'll get missing parts soon, waiting sucks!

7. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Looking really good mate - you seem to have quite a skill with the cutting. Hope everything works out how you want.

8. foolio

foolio What's a Dremel?

Hey Got a question about those fans

how load are they ?

does it bother or do you hardly hear them ?

Greet fool

9. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Holy moly, that's pretty hot looking. Black chrome? or is it just regular black gloss paint? How's the noise level compared to your average 120mm panaflo or papst?

The rest of the project looks good too. :dremel:

10. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Good job so far! Very neat I must say. The fans are to die for, I would get them and just mount them on my wall tbh! And I agree, you can simply mod the wires, not too hard.